Current Meta Builds

CleverName

In this thread, I’ll post what I believe to be the best builds in the game (meta builds). Everyone is welcome to post and debate meta builds.

METAMost Effective Tactics Available (i.e. what's the best build in game to help you climb the ladder in arena and have the highest win rate). I've excluded "popular" builds that aren't really "meta." I'm defining meta as the best builds in their respective element and must at a minimum be able to achieve Rank 1 full stars (and preferably have the highest win rate possible).  The "best" builds are of my own opinion from arena testing.

Note this isn’t a build help thread. If you need build help, please go there. If you want to view older meta/top-tier builds, please go here.

I will maintain this thread for as long as I have the motivation 🙂 
Last updated: 5/13/2021

Best Build in Game:
“Best Heat”

PHYSICAL

Best Physical
image.png.4879d83141d131a6db299ae3a1a99831.png

HEAT

Best Heat
image.png.e14788b28237e0b0b31640afd84ca8b6.png

Boiler
image.png.264bbe6b7ba9495b532b7aff783f6423.png

Dual Magma
image.png.e82a8ac989a0a661b2a209d3f8ed56e3.png

ENERGY

Best Energy
image.png.6f94fbb087cac83551296ae407d42d79.png

Dual Brightroarimage.png.0bf170c4f44d79a710bc8278b5431064.png

Dual Bunker
image.png.82aca7855ba6ca462d74790a064d80f5.png

Edited by CleverName (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, epicspeedster said:

does this not work due to no ele res?

995928158_sueprmechs342.JPG.fbb134a246c2151bad45b0375bda1a2a.JPG

That build is fine, but yes, weaker to energy versus 4.1k hp version. Reason why I think mercy version is better is that it's energy free with no backfire and higher damage. I found that for this build specifically running without energy resistance still has nice win rate, but energy fights were tough sometimes. For most of the physical builds, it's up to pilot if they want to run energy resistance or not.

5 hours ago, SawzAll said:

@CleverName I don't know if anyone has ever asked this question, so please forgive me if it's been asked before.  Is there any reason why an energy version of the physical rounded, such as the one below, would not work in the arena?

image.thumb.png.d628e0911884513a621b2ab7ff588806.png

It would work; I forgot to add the heat and energy variations of the semi energy free counterparts. I would replace bulldog with lightning cutter though.

860385328_ScreenShot2021-01-02at2_46_58PM.png.0533873dec0aeb54a7fbf43088b394ec.png

Something like this; defer to player if they want L-M drone over E-M drone

1 hour ago, CleverName said:

It would work; I forgot to add the heat and energy variations of the semi energy free counterparts. I would replace bulldog with lightning cutter though.

860385328_ScreenShot2021-01-02at2_46_58PM.png.0533873dec0aeb54a7fbf43088b394ec.png

Something like this; defer to player if they want L-M drone over E-M drone

could a heat version work too?

Clan: Goodbye To A World

epicspeedster, SpeedMachine

Welp, a single look at this thread was all I needed to be sure about whether I should go past rank 10 or not... I'm definitely not going past rank 10.

Why? It's because of how lackluster the diversity of the meta is and how tiring it would be to see the same builds over and over... So, yep, I'm going against what people have suggested to me (get to top ranks) by staying in the ranks where things aren't obsessive over who has the prettier Claw or the shinier Basalt Polisher. 

In other words, I hate the blandness of the meta and I rather stick with my rank 10 badge than exchange my fun for a Claw build that everyone's dying for.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

4 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Why? It's because of how lackluster the diversity of the meta is and how tiring it would be to see the same builds over and over...

With all due respect, I just had a conversation with CleverName and there's a way to do variations on things, such as electric hugger with saw.

Why not do this:

1) First, achieve rank 1 with something that's meta, then

2) Experiment with builds using the workshop "team" function and then maybe you'll design the next new META everyone uses?

Still, it's your life, do what you want.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

54 minutes ago, FennekinFyreFour said:

@CleverName why aren't there more META energy builds?

Couldn't there be some OEMP META builds?

If you know of any other energy builds let me know. I haven't seen any meta builds with OEMP yet.

Edit: In anticipation of the balance update, I will try to update thread. Give me a week or so though. There's a TON of build options...

Early predictions though: heat > phy > energy

Edited by CleverName (see edit history)

3 hours ago, CleverName said:

If you know of any other energy builds let me know. I haven't seen any meta builds with OEMP yet.

Edit: In anticipation of the balance update, I will try to update thread. Give me a week or so though. There's a TON of build options...

Early predictions though: heat > phy > energy

what about this build? D07144E1-7FC9-46FD-BB82-363F97CCE791.thumb.png.d51597b02adb77174407a679ee563ad8.png

1 minute ago, CleverName said:

I mean yes and no - you really need both... one doesn't work without the other

I'll be interested to watch, then, to see if META changes to reflect the nerfs and buffs.  Hopefully "rip monkeys" is just a joke but who knows? 🙂 

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

11 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I'll be interested to watch, then, to see if META changes to reflect the nerfs and buffs.  Hopefully "rip monkeys" is just a joke but who knows? 🙂 

eh, wasn't joking... but we'll see if arena says otherwise...so far nope

I will say, nope.  Lacking of rest it is normal to have more hp. In the end it does lose against others builds with vest or Zarkares just to say. It is about how to build a mech. I will say the bigger issue is more advantage position when start a pvp. 

For example, when I use my heat hugger mech it goes from 6-10 straight position at Spartan and Valiant range and barely in a spot to have fair fight without lose a turn to be able to fight. It happen the repetition for others mechs. When I switch to energy free in my mechs stage for it the game compensate against putting energy mechs since is a semi free energy so possibility to lose it is bigger. If the game goes random ok but the re-calculation to set up to lose is big. The other factor it is the 85% of fights having HP way higher than my mechs. When I compensate with more HP gets even worse.

Now, there are builds a bit lower and kill. An example it is this one picture below. I lose the fight. Sure I was testing and still testing current configuration to see results against different type of mechs.  His mech is better than mine and not mean about how pilot the mech that it is a factor too as start point position and who start to shoot but his mech have a 160 phys resist. My mech drone do not affect directly to the resist mean It won't go down. His Heat resist and cooling are better and me having only one weapon I can directly affect the resist "Heron" against a mobile mech I won't be able to really harm enough the mech. Fight was close but he had the edge regardless my Monkey. Sure lack of divine weapon affected too. When top players play, that gap it is mare nothing. 

Eh, I am not a top he is 🙃 

So, in the end, nerf the Monkey it is none sense idea. Few weapons needs no nerf instead need a buff to compensate old items due to recent items added to the game. The game no need more weapons at this point. Gato should be focus to rebalance a bit properly but not cutting off any current part just enhance a bit few others left behind at E-M and L-M. 

For example, I can play with my heat hugger mech, I get into a bunch of 3.5- 4.5k mechs around. They can stay static in a corner or center, can have a middle ground heat and even can shut down one or 2 but the mele/heat power of my mech still no enough to win against till beat me smiling at me like a baby trying to beat a father. 

So it is not the issue of nerfing, just enhance few for compensation. Monkey changes bad idea. Yes, I am Monkey user but I was primary user of Heat armor and Naga. 

image.thumb.png.8edd176e3ce43a6dbcb14e896e94717e.png

23 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

I will say, nope.  Lacking of rest it is normal to have more hp. In the end it does lose against others builds with vest or Zarkares just to say. It is about how to build a mech. I will say the bigger issue is more advantage position when start a pvp. 

For example, when I use my heat hugger mech it goes from 6-10 straight position at Spartan and Valiant range and barely in a spot to have fair fight without lose a turn to be able to fight. It happen the repetition for others mechs. When I switch to energy free in my mechs stage for it the game compensate against putting energy mechs since is a semi free energy so possibility to lose it is bigger. If the game goes random ok but the re-calculation to set up to lose is big. The other factor it is the 85% of fights having HP way higher than my mechs. When I compensate with more HP gets even worse.

Now, there are builds a bit lower and kill. An example it is this one picture below. I lose the fight. Sure I was testing and still testing current configuration to see results against different type of mechs.  His mech is better than mine and not mean about how pilot the mech that it is a factor too as start point position and who start to shoot but his mech have a 160 phys resist. My mech drone do not affect directly to the resist mean It won't go down. His Heat resist and cooling are better and me having only one weapon I can directly affect the resist "Heron" against a mobile mech I won't be able to really harm enough the mech. Fight was close but he had the edge regardless my Monkey. Sure lack of divine weapon affected too. When top players play, that gap it is mare nothing. 

Eh, I am not a top he is 🙃 

So, in the end, nerf the Monkey it is none sense idea. Few weapons needs no nerf instead need a buff to compensate old items due to recent items added to the game. The game no need more weapons at this point. Gato should be focus to rebalance a bit properly but not cutting off any current part just enhance a bit few others left behind at E-M and L-M. 

For example, I can play with my heat hugger mech, I get into a bunch of 3.5- 4.5k mechs around. They can stay static in a corner or center, can have a middle ground heat and even can shut down one or 2 but the mele/heat power of my mech still no enough to win against till beat me smiling at me like a baby trying to beat a father. 

So it is not the issue of nerfing, just enhance few for compensation. Monkey changes bad idea. Yes, I am Monkey user but I was primary user of Heat armor and Naga. 

image.thumb.png.8edd176e3ce43a6dbcb14e896e94717e.png

Oh, I was just referring to how monkey torsos are no longer the best in game. This balance, things only got buffed. And on your point of no more new items, SM skipped new item yesterday for some reason =P

This thread is designed for the absolute best builds in the game, and I feel pretty confident saying that monkey no longer is best torso in game.