Current Meta Builds

CleverName

2 minutes ago, CleverName said:

SM skipped new item yesterday for some reason =P

E-M day or L-M day? Yes, I know that this thread is about the best builds in the game but those few words that I showed in the quote in this post really made me curious about that since I think my drone's the next E-M lineup to be added... If there's going to be any new additions to the game from now on, I mean.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 minute ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

E-M day or L-M day? Yes, I know that this thread is about the best builds in the game but those few words that I showed in the quote in this post really made me curious about that since I think my drone's the next E-M lineup to be added... If there's going to be any new additions to the game from now on, I mean.

L-Ms are released every odd # Saturday (so 1st/3rd/5th). Sometimes it doesn't happen for some reason (usually around holidays). E-Ms tend to be released via portals (I think it's every other Wed or Thur, can't remember off the top of my head)

4 minutes ago, CleverName said:

Oh, I was just referring to how monkey torsos are no longer the best in game. This balance, things only got buffed. And on your point of no more new items, SM skipped new item yesterday for some reason =P

This thread is designed for the absolute best builds in the game, and I feel pretty confident saying that monkey no longer is best torso in game.

Ah, got it. I understand now. My bad, I think my post it is irrelevant then. It should be deleted. 🙃 But yes, Vest is doing great.  

11 hours ago, CleverName said:

This thread is designed for the absolute best builds in the game, and I feel pretty confident saying that monkey no longer is best torso in game.

"No longer the best" as in "find a new torso" or "no longer the best" as in "now there are some torsos that are equal to the monkeys"?

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 minute ago, CleverName said:

No longer the best as in MPV and LPV > Monkeys

Great, and I had used my LPV to myth something that was in META.  Just great.

In my opinion: if you buff something too much, you nerf other things.  This is an indirect nerf then.  All that time and effort I spent working on items that were META at the time, now gone to waste.  Great.

I'm trying not to be frustrated, but I spent a lot of time researching and trying to align my stuff with META so that I could try not to waste time improving items that have no future.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

When will this be updated. Also, can't all builds with a basalt dissolver use the new and better L-M dissolver?

Hopefully this week, sorry work has been busy for me 

27 minutes ago, Sparks said:

@CleverName Which one is better?
2044005592_Screenshot2021-01-12170923.thumb.png.5d497116481272375ba886f05bc59ed7.png
1576108899_Screenshot2021-01-12170944.thumb.png.0dd3204d1eed67edeb68697c9a8eee1a.png
Is this meta?
Can this get rank1?

HP/energy resist is a little low. It could get rank 1, but not meta

@CleverName hey I noticed recently it looked like you were testing a heat hugger using molten platinum vest.  Is that what you were doing?  How did it go?  And do you think that configuration will become META ?

9 hours ago, SawzAll said:

@CleverName hey I noticed recently it looked like you were testing a heat hugger using molten platinum vest.  Is that what you were doing?  How did it go?  And do you think that configuration will become META ?

Yes, the heat build I play is the best build in the game that I've seen so far. I'll post later tonight.

3 minutes ago, epicspeedster said:

1922248015_supermechs421.thumb.JPG.859d5e9f35ce32d7569d256d8b358d21.JPGmaybe 2 of the L-M dissolvers if they were in WU. I feel like this works better then what you currently run

Yeah I thought about using a resist drainer, but don't think it is better. HP is already low and bf really hurts at this level. Additionally, the resist drainer is kind of useless if you can't get it off within 3 turns; for heat huggers generally you want to keep opponent at certain range and having to use a resist drainer kind of hinders that (as well as having the overheat threat). 

Adding resist drainer would also hurt elemental stats; I don't think the original heat hugger loses to any energy builds; this new one could lose a few. Same for heat/boilers.

I think it would be a very strong alternative, but imo not the best heat build.

Edited by CleverName (see edit history)

On 12/31/2020 at 4:27 PM, CleverName said:

Best Energy
image.png.1d31735f0eea523f1e13574964bf16f1.png

Awesome!  I suspected that config would become best (but I expected the torso would be Rusty Energy).   (See my reply on January 2: I also expected Bulldog, not Lightning Cutter).

Now I can officially REALLY be SAWZ-ALL by using saws in almost all of my mechs.

(I am named for the SawzAll Reciprocating Saw, though: at the time I didn't know there were saws in this game.)

Thanks for all your hard work and help, @CleverName !  You rock!

34 minutes ago, Lord Gorgon said:

Besides the physical section, almost nothing is relevant here. 

Just rename the thread "my favorite builds (of which, many have never been in the arena)", thatd be more accurate.

👍

All builds seen here have been in the arena by at least me 🙂 

I haven’t really updated this thread fully except best builds. I’ll do that when I have the time