Frantic Brute post balance

Fordekash

Hey everyone! Looking to hear what others are seeing from frantic brute now in the arena? I have faced a good number of double brute users this week. It seems like everything is hitting 300-450 in my experience against them. haven't seen anything less than 300 😞 but i haven't seen anything more than 500 :). 

What are you guys seeing?

Any double brute users care to comment? (i promise not to boo you but other might)

I had a Frantic Brute on my physical mech.  It was nice to a point because on average, it did more damage.  BUT it's too random for my liking, even after the nerf.  I'm not saying it needs another nerf.  My legendary frantic became myth food today (I have another in inventory, epic level 1) because I wanted to myth my rusty energy armor.

I substituted Night Eagle.  I'm not saying Frantic is bad, just that I don't like how random it is.

2 hours ago, MasterChief said:

im rank 9-10 bro, its not like i have a platinum plate at that rank. i only have like, 8 premium items. 3 torsos, 2 legs, a drone, a top weaponn, and 2 modules that are premium items.

I have one at level 10/11.

2 hours ago, Fordekash said:

I’m thinking you still need 3-3.2k health to beat those frantic brutes.

Depends.  If you can close the distance using tactics, you might survive them.  I am lucky I got a distance shredder in a PP recently.  If I get lucky and use that, I can at least get them to resort to their recoiler for the first turn, thus shutting down half of their dual frantic brute juggernaut.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Just now, Chaotic_Shadow said:

Bruh frantics are flooding the mid ranks, and frantics pretty much got buffed to not do less then 200 dmg

Well, to make them less random.  They're still random, and putting one on your mech doesn't guarantee a win.  You do what you want.  Me, I'm going to compensate with tactics.

The other option is to embrace them and get yourself some, just in case you were wondering.......

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fordekash said:

Well we are a couple weeks in and the double brute builds are still pretty dangerous in ranks 5-3.

I am happy to report no more 750 damage hits anymore but still a bunch over 500

I thought his comments are informative in the wake of the recent balance change.

1 hour ago, RaymondL1747 said:

I dont personally dont like the heat cost of the frantic brute i suggest it be lowered to 50 or 30 like the energy cost and its pretty much saying to heat mechs please come and shut me down

Eh... The last time that Brutes had a heat generation of 50, they were capable of dishing out 700 damage crits against energy-free builds.

So, shall we spare the EFAs of this world by not doing that? That'll likely protect the endangered EFA species from poaching Brute users.

Save the Mechazon Jungle! Protect the EFAs!

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

I have seen them in the 500+ but not 600 so far. Average mid 350-500 very uncommon below 300. With FRANTIC and recoil or frantic spartan or frantic nightfall with good drone still destroy 3.1k mechs with decent resist 80-90. The stability is better and can trust more in the output and the confidence in the players increased a lot because before they used to doubt in last shot praying for a good one and tell you " in your face". R5-R3 are common as usual but the heat/energy mechs usage increased a lot in the arena. I think the substitution of frantic with the nerf and the vest resist increase it created same issue. Before too much power 600-850 in frantic now weapons barely can harm vest mechs. I think vest it went too far getting out of balance. I have them too so testing in my accounts to see the damage against them I surely say need a bit nerf not much but a bit. The enhance was a bit too much. 🙄 

It’s good to hear what everyone has been experiencing!

At first I personal didn’t think the nerf was enough. But now I feel it was a good change. I still hate (and fear) the things but just a little less than before. On the other hand they still seem like useful butt kicking machines! 

Just now, Norman said:
  1. download.jpg.84ea420d311e563e3636c072c405edec.jpg Old frantic than can deal 800+ dmg.
  2. 1004914801_download(1).jpg.20caf239614374475c297a39bd1326f0.jpg New frantic that been nerf and need more energy and heat than usually.

still have high dmg? NO

op now? sorry still NO BC LOOK IT WHEN LEGEND(40-300)

Frantic when myth are op now but it in legend and epic still trash with that old dmg

frantic now:

maxresdefault.jpg

Hcaptcha scam

10 hours ago, RaymondL1747 said:

I dont personally dont like the heat cost of the frantic brute i suggest it be lowered to 50 or 30 like the energy cost and its pretty much saying to heat mechs please come and shut me down

Welp, now we know who has the dual frantic in this thread. 

Ah yes, let's make a weapon that either does 250 at its lowest or 500+ at its highest NOT have anything to balance it out.