Guys, Super Mechs is dying

error19031

42 minutes ago, Shared-NW said:

no1 need more "new item", we have enough.

instead balance the old one or increase rate from pack 😏

Youve had enough we still want content

19 minutes ago, NAME_NOT_FOUND said:

Supermechs isnt dying. You cannot kill what is already dead.

True how long has it been since weve got a new weapon or maybe even a new gamemode

11 minutes ago, Dark conon mech said:

Youve had enough we still want content

True how long has it been since weve got a new weapon or maybe even a new gamemode

Its the game modes  which are killing interest. And to be fair there is only so much to be done with a 9 place flat battlefield. Its been a hell of a run.

6 minutes ago, JamAnime said:

Seems like many high ranks left the game, from what I have seen in this forum.  More new players are coming in the game.

True, higher ranks are quitting and lower rank players are increasing, so the game is actually... living?(what's the word for it?) 

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

The "only game dev" (great game with only 1 developer ....) promised in January a new balance of items for February. We are still waiting for it .... The only game dev has done police work, which is necessary, but the flies keep coming back and a new police work has to start, which speaks to the deplorable security state of the game. The only game dev needs money to invest in new hardware and software (because if not the game is going to go to shit), so he has come up with new sales, but he hasnt corrected the private agreements that were made during the game previous administration and whose consequences continue in force, so even if people buy and obtain many items it will take years to catch up with these privileged players.

Finally, I have also seen some new players, but at least some of them are alt accounts of the same old ones, used to manipulate Arena.

I don't think the game will die anytime soon, but is an outdated game and has quite a few issues.

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

as for the fact that the game has 1 developer, this is not a weighty excuse for the fact that there is nothing interesting in the game. for example, let's take the game Geometry Dash, which I myself play and which has 1 developer: this game has constant moderation, new levels are evaluated, content is created and the game lives, yes, there are no new updates in it for more than 4 years, but the players are constantly doing something new and the developer sees it and works, in Super Mechs there are no new items, but there are ideas: new events, items, suggestions for changing the balance and just different interesting changes, but nothing is implemented, I believe that balance changes can require strength, but again, you can ask the players and listen to them. their opinion, hire more moderation to moderate content and report useful ideas, buy advertising (at least some), it is worth doing more news on the forum or just in the game. most likely NOTHING of this will be implemented, but I will hope

Hey, to be honest, this game is doing pretty great for something that used to be a FLASH based game.

Yes, I would love to see new content .. if I had a clue as to the language the game was currently programmed in, I might have a chance to know where to begin..  but, I’m guessing that the one dude(gender nonspecific dude) who is trying to keep this game going is likely dealing with the equivalent of millions of lines of spaghetti logic that has been poorly documented, and the original code was never designed to last as long as the game has.

I’ve noticed that recently there have been several 2000+ ‘coin’ purchase bonuses being put out.  The money that this generates, minus the fees that the store charges for the transaction, most likely go for things that that lone programmer needs..  such as FOOD, Internet, Electricity, RENT, and other things .. including making sure their computer keeps functioning..

I would love it if this game were a bit more random, perhaps adding a garage where you can do more than simply level up the pieces of the Mechs.  But, that would require a programmer dedicated to that facet, in addition to the one trying to upgrade and keep the game running.

I will likely keep casually playing the game, doing at least the daily quests, like I have since at least 2017 ....

Ah well, here I post again

Anyways, the game is dying. I think regardless of how many cool sales Alex makes, the lack of new items has really had a dent on player motivation. The only thing that was rendering the game less monotonous were the new items. It means that even in a repetitive strategy game which is stupidly enough based on rng 🤦‍♂️, you cna still develop new strategies, and have new and more "original" fights.

Now that Alex has stopped releasing items, the game has become an endless loop of boring 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 seasons, with f2p seeing cool deals they cant afford, and p2w seeing cool deals they often don't need. With the few which have only spent little until now progressing very fast creating a mass feeling of discontent. In addition, you meet the same players everyday, with a few rare exceptions, you matchup with the same 15-30 players everyday, leading to near identical matches, with counters and trolls rendering the experience even more tedious.

This really goes to show the deplorable state of the game, with no new items to keep the player base active, there will be no participation.

The only good PvP event was the 100 tokens arena fight event, which caused a huge increase in arena participation, yet it only happened once?

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

1 hour ago, error19031 said:

as for the fact that the game has 1 developer, this is not a weighty excuse for the fact that there is nothing interesting in the game. 

I don't buy that.

We recently got a new item (defense matrix).

Another new item is in the works.

An energy balance is being worked on.

And I've heard Alex say he's trying to get new staff.

Yeah, "nothing interesting."

What did you expect from SM, Elder Scrolls Online?  That game cost (until recently) $15/month.  I'm not saying SM sucks.  I'm saying it was never meant to be a huge universe with endless areas to explore and thousands of NPCs.

The game isn't dying.  I'm on the balance team.  We've been working on stuff.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

23 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

Ah well, here I post again

Anyways, the game is dying. I think regardless of how many cool sales Alex makes, the lack of new items has really had a dent on player motivation. The only thing that was rendering the game less monotonous were the new items. It means that even in a repetitive strategy game which is stupidly enough based on rng 🤦‍♂️, you cna still develop new strategies, and have new and more "original" fights.

Now that Alex has stopped releasing items, the game has become an endless loop of boring 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 seasons, with f2p seeing cool deals they cant afford, and p2w seeing cool deals they often don't need. With the few which have only spent little until now progressing very fast creating a mass feeling of discontent. In addition, you meet the same players everyday, with a few rare exceptions, you matchup with the same 15-30 players everyday, leading to near identical matches, with counters and trolls rendering the experience even more tedious.

This really goes to show the deplorable state of the game, with no new items to keep the player base active, there will be no participation.

The only good PvP event was the 100 tokens arena fight event, which caused a huge increase in arena participation, yet it only happened once?

No base makes new players quit cause it just stunts your growth and casuals new players dont like it :c

6 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I don't buy that.

What did you expect from SM, Elder Scrolls Online?  That game cost (until recently) $15/month.  I'm not saying SM sucks.  I'm saying it was never meant to be a huge universe with endless areas to explore and thousands of NPCs.

Sure he did :))

7 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I don't buy that.

Your making excuses bro we need updates atleast every 4 months

33 minutes ago, Dark conon mech said:

Your making excuses bro we need updates atleast every 4 months

Then go to the FAQ and request to apply to work for SuperMechs or something.

And Gato Games hasn't even owned SM for 4 months and in that time they've already put out a new item: the Defense Matrix.

Much less you forget the stuff in February that TactiSoft (previous owner) made, like all the backfire, non-premium resistance drainers.  It was like a new one of those every freaking week from January through February.

With all due respect, this is confirmation bias.  I've been accused of having a HORRIBLE memory and even I can remember these deals?  I wasn't even in the single digits arena ranks yet.  I wasn't on the balance team yet.  But I can remember those.

With all due respect, if you think this game is dying, I have strong doubts about your memory.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Defense Matrix was a creation of Tacticsoft. It was on the TS calendar. Gato has not made any new items. Anyway, I would be more better if there was a balance of what already exists, because each new item that appears reduces the chances of obtaining good items. Either change the box system or is better not to put new things.

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

Im really surprised at the amount of people who believe this game isn't dying. Must be in denial 🤔. Also the amount people who think the lack of items is the issue. The simple fact is the drops are terrible which why most players quit and why this game gets boring so fast. From my personal experience every week its the same bs. Between the 2k win box, rank rewards box, fortune boxes ,and base boxes the drops are awful and i will go months without getting anything new/useful, and when i finally do get something its pointless because the meta has changed or i need another specific item thats compatible. This game will stay boring amd dry if the drops are ass just my personal opinion. Also the lack of updates is an issue.

Edited by Bunboy
Bcuz?? (see edit history)

2 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Then go to the FAQ and request to apply to work for SuperMechs or something.

And Gato Games hasn't even owned SM for 4 months and in that time they've already put out a new item: the Defense Matrix.

Much less you forget the stuff in February that TactiSoft (previous owner) made, like all the backfire, non-premium resistance drainers.  It was like a new one of those every freaking week from January through February.

With all due respect, this is confirmation bias.  I've been accused of having a HORRIBLE memory and even I can remember these deals?  I wasn't even in the single digits arena ranks yet.  I wasn't on the balance team yet.  But I can remember those.

With all due respect, if you think this game is dying, I have strong doubts about your memory.

Defence matrix wasnt made by gato games they haven't made any new items what are you on about?