CleverName | Ask Me Anything

CleverName

5 hours ago, CleverName said:

some clans can't take a joke sigh

If giving to a banned player access to the game trough an honorable account is a joke to you, your humor must be dead or your respect for anyone in Super Mechs probably doesn't exist.

The "Annoying" one is a cheater and a raid abuser, anyone like her deserve an IP ban, they should have no access to any SM account.

Ego beats morality.

4 hours ago, epicspeedster said:

do you consider big dawg's inv good?

haven't seen in its entirety, but from memory it's above average yes

4 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Do you happen to have one of his configurations?

https://imgur.com/a/HTejvZ8

2 hours ago, Alex_Iron said:

If giving to a banned player access to the game trough an honorable account is a joke to you, your humor must be dead or your respect for anyone in Super Mechs probably doesn't exist.

The "Annoying" one is a cheater and a raid abuser, anyone like her deserve an IP ban, they should have no access to any SM account.

Ego beats morality.

if you have any issues, feel free to report a player, but don't spam my thread 🙂

10 hours ago, CleverName said:

counters should beat things they are designed to counter; you're best off playing avatar's energy build to play fair and still beat huggers

do be blowing ur own horn bahahahhahahah..

5 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Do you happen to have one of his configurations?

I assume ur being sarcastic?

Ofc he has the builds, he made them, since its his alt?

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

fair gameplay = not playing counters imo (just my opinion, take it as you want)

fair gameplay = not cheating/hacking. I think that's what most ppl understand  fair gameplay stands by. So you might want to rephrase your sentence

~~also talk about fair gameplay~~

or energy resist (i.e. has a very hard time beating meta energy or phy)

12 hours ago, Alex_Iron said:

I have defeated meta energy mechs. I can do that and i mostly win against energy mechs. In my opinion energy resistance on an energy mech is not as important as heat or phys resistance. I don't have phys resistance btw. Energy resistance on energy mech would help against energy free energy mechs, but i have defeated those even like this. I did encounter Avatar last season. I lost due to starting range, I think you can understand that as it is a basic characteristic of 1v1s.

about the mercy , distance shredder and double res drainer, i usually lose to those when they have additional energy resistance on. I can still defeat phys scope mechs tho and other sorts of phys mechs.

A counter is determined by energy/heat stats , not resistance setup in my opinion. After all the build im running in 1v1s is the best result my inventory could give me.

Edited by Manolis109 (see edit history)

13 hours ago, CleverName said:

fair gameplay = not playing counters imo (just my opinion, take it as you want)

I disagree to a point.  I know it's just an opinion, so I'm only replying to see if maybe (when I explain my view) you further explain yours.  Or maybe you were joking and I'm "sarcasm impaired" 🙂

To me, if the game lets you do it (i.e. configure counters), it's usually fair.  If it's not something the game lets you do (hack), or if it is poor sportsmanship (smurfing), it's not fair.

What do you think?

By the way, I saw that party crasher / piercing fox / recoiler combo and I thought it was cool 🙂 

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

16 hours ago, Manolis109 said:

fair gameplay = not cheating/hacking. I think that's what most ppl understand  fair gameplay stands by. So you might want to rephrase your sentence

~~also talk about fair gameplay~~

I have defeated meta energy mechs. I can do that and i mostly win against energy mechs. In my opinion energy resistance on an energy mech is not as important as heat or phys resistance. I don't have phys resistance btw. Energy resistance on energy mech would help against energy free energy mechs, but i have defeated those even like this. I did encounter Avatar last season. I lost due to starting range, I think you can understand that as it is a basic characteristic of 1v1s.

about the mercy , distance shredder and double res drainer, i usually lose to those when they have additional energy resistance on. I can still defeat phys scope mechs tho and other sorts of phys mechs.

A counter is determined by energy/heat stats , not resistance setup in my opinion. After all the build im running in 1v1s is the best result my inventory could give me.

My account is in good standing 🙂 

I mean if you think playing the lottery is a fair strategy, then sure by my guest. But imo, nothing is fair about taking away the ability for your opponent to win when they build a proper rounded mech. The best build in the game is still at the mercy of counters... It's one thing to be willing to put your own fight's fate up in the air; but when you forcefully take that away but other players, it's bad taste imo

3 hours ago, CleverName said:

My account is in good standing 🙂

I am not accusing you of hacking... only of doing something that is ethically unfair too, but by far worse than playing counters. Even tho some ppl consider it part of the game, just like counters are unfortunately, you have crossed the limits.

3 hours ago, CleverName said:

I mean if you think playing the lottery is a fair strategy, then sure by my guest. But imo, nothing is fair about taking away the ability for your opponent to win when they build a proper rounded mech. The best build in the game is still at the mercy of counters... It's one thing to be willing to put your own fight's fate up in the air; but when you forcefully take that away but other players, it's bad taste imo

I agree with how you justified why counters are unfair. I feel the same. However a smart player won't play the lottery. They will jump in arena when its safe, when they see at least 2 types of elements dominating the arena. That makes is a tactic. Besides its true that some builds are hard to defeat using rounded mechs, so players who lack the inventory to stand a chance against these builds, choose to build counters instead of doing nothing about it and remain at the bottom, always by playing smart and avoiding to depend on lack regarding who they will encounter. Again I find counters very annoying too. Game tho can give the player the potential to make a rounded build that can defeat counters (hybrids). 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rouxl kard said:

Hey clever im abt. Rank 15 i saw ur vid comment regarding on how to remove base;

Howd u make it gone

I mean theres literally 20 vids saying base is not useful, yeah so how?

You don't just ask people randomly to disable base ya know. Also I don't think you can disable base anymore and base isn't bad unless you decide to be lazy and not farm.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, Spam said:

You don't just ask people randomly to disable base ya know. Also I don't think you can disable base anymore and base isn't bad unless you decide to be lazy and not farm.

I do mission 6 and bigboy

Ilost items on upgrading 2nd myth

On 6/10/2021 at 9:20 AM, CleverName said:

Thx mr. Clever (late reply)

Sorry for inconvenience

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 7:56 AM, Shared-NW said:

what happened to you?

do you plan to quit soon?

I've quit forum and main discord servers more or less; I'm stepping back from select communities, but will still be fairly active in the actual game

I'll become more active & spend more once game is in better shape (hackers are gone, INMAX is nuked, etc.)

4 hours ago, Walnutsir1 said:

What weapons would you recommend for a mid-game heat build? And would you recommend running a hybrid?

This is probably a question that can be asked elsewhere.  Not saying that to discourage you from asking, simply to point out that you could ask in the mech building academy area.  I'd love to answer your question there!

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Hi. I'm very new to this game. I saw there there are a lot of buffs to purchase in the arena shop. What should I prioritize?

I think increasing the rate of free Fortune Boxes is great. I also think increasing the upgrade speed of base is nice, but maybe become useless after maxing base. Is it ideal to prioritize free Fortune Boxes buff over the others(such as campaign gold increase)?

Also, are the stats buff applies in the arena only, or does it apply to campaign too?

P.S. Is this the right place to ask this? if so where should I? are there any comprehensive wikis out there for beginners?

7 hours ago, lerv said:

Hi. I'm very new to this game. I saw there there are a lot of buffs to purchase in the arena shop. What should I prioritize?

I think increasing the rate of free Fortune Boxes is great. I also think increasing the upgrade speed of base is nice, but maybe become useless after maxing base. Is it ideal to prioritize free Fortune Boxes buff over the others(such as campaign gold increase)?

Also, are the stats buff applies in the arena only, or does it apply to campaign too?

P.S. Is this the right place to ask this? if so where should I? are there any comprehensive wikis out there for beginners?

this is probably the wrong place to ask this

but yes, the buffs do apply in other things than arena

i don't know what order to get them in

On 7/7/2021 at 6:10 AM, Walnutsir1 said:

What weapons would you recommend for a mid-game heat build? And would you recommend running a hybrid?

Try to get as close to the meta builds as you can - best long term strategy

On 7/10/2021 at 7:36 AM, lerv said:

I wouldn't overthink it too much. If you like farming - go for campaign buffs; if you like fighting - do arena buffs first. But long term, you should max everything (I personally wouldn't do the base buffs until last).