CleverName | Ask Me Anything

CleverName

4 minutes ago, epicspeedster said:

I mean invicktus kept #2 with it, over veni who was running your exact same setups 🙂

Veni is his alt, it makes sense that someone's main, who plays constantly, would beat Clever's alt. Find the average AP between his main and alt and it'll be higher than invick's.

5 minutes ago, CleverName said:

scopes aren't meta...

so only #1 is meta?

2 minutes ago, That1Guy said:

Veni is his alt, it makes sense that someone's main, who plays constantly, would beat Clever's alt. Find the average AP between his main and alt and it'll be higher than invick's.

yes I know its his alt, and I do get your point

Clan: Goodbye To A World

epicspeedster, SpeedMachine

10 minutes ago, epicspeedster said:

so only #1 is meta?

yes I know its his alt, and I do get your point

yes only #1 is meta (build wise -i.e. there's only 1 meta build - the rest aren't meta). You will see players play meta builds but not medal. Medaling has very little to do with only playing meta builds these days. It's more about which clan can manipulate arena better.

And the real owner of Veni wishes to remain anonymous...so call him my alt if you'd like lol.

Edited by CleverName (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Soviet Union mech said:

Just because range 5-6 is it big weakness can make it lose when fight with meta build and the same to range 2

Right? 

Because scope mechs can't have enough hp/resistance with their set ups and do well against other metas (mainly phy and heat). most scopes struggle with huggers too, which are doing well in arena

13 hours ago, MasterChief said:

clevername what was the profession you wanted to choose when you were in high school/college?

Lawyer; decided I wanted to do business maybe 2nd half freshman year of college

If the current META were to suddenly shift towards energy drain-oriented builds, would you keep using your current META energy-free physical hugger or change to an energy-drain build?

Also, which range would that energy drain build be? 1-2 range hugger? 2-4 range short ranger? 3-6 mid-range? Or perhaps a 4-8 long ranger?

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

21 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

If the current META were to suddenly shift towards energy drain-oriented builds, would you keep using your current META energy-free physical hugger or change to an energy-drain build?

Also, which range would that energy drain build be? 1-2 range hugger? 2-4 range short ranger? 3-6 mid-range? Or perhaps a 4-8 long ranger?

I only play whatever build is best in the game (i.e. meta). There are multiple energy drain builds, but again energy drain is kind of bad - buff or not, it won't be good.

46 minutes ago, CleverName said:

I only play whatever build is best in the game (i.e. meta). There are multiple energy drain builds, but again energy drain is kind of bad - buff or not, it won't be good.

manolis style build beats huggers

Clan: Goodbye To A World

epicspeedster, SpeedMachine

1 hour ago, CleverName said:

to play fair and still beat huggers

huh? My mech isn't always a counter. Sometimes I increase heat capacity at the expense of energy but i have beaten huggers without that alteration as well. But even if my build was utterly a counter, how does "playing fair" match with counters? Is playing counters cheating? If its about them being annoying, for sure they are. However at the same time they are a tactic.  Please don't mix fair gameplay with counters, it gives ppl the wrong impression, and since this concerned me (bc my build was mentioned), i wouldn't like ppl to get the wrong idea about me either, so deal with that.

:SenkoBread: (i wish i could use that here lol)

2 hours ago, MasterChief said:

any premiums?

yup

1 hour ago, epicspeedster said:

so mano style build is a counter simply because it doesn't have phys res?

or energy resist (i.e. has a very hard time beating meta energy or phy)

1 hour ago, Alex_Iron said:

Why's a banned player still playing in your clan?

Do you support this idea.. banned players to still have access to the game?

At least tell the "Annoying" one to use a free VPN app, she's not just breaking the rules and damaging Joe's immage, she's also disrespectfull to the whole community.

some clans can't take a joke sigh

50 minutes ago, Manolis109 said:

huh? My mech isn't always a counter. Sometimes I increase heat capacity at the expense of energy but i have beaten huggers without that alteration as well. But even if my build was utterly a counter, how does "playing fair" match with counters? Is playing counters cheating? If its about them being annoying, for sure they are. However at the same time they are a tactic.  Please don't mix fair gameplay with counters, it gives ppl the wrong impression, and since this concerned me (bc my build was mentioned), i wouldn't like ppl to get the wrong idea about me either, so deal with that.

:SenkoBread: (i wish i could use that here lol)

fair gameplay = not playing counters imo (just my opinion, take it as you want)

Edited by CleverName (see edit history)