- - - F l e x - T h r e a d - - -

WinzKay

Just showing off two new items that I got today via this random build. Feel free to try and guess which of these items are the two new ones. 
The U. Guardian and the Sorrow. 

Screenshot_20211225-074835.png

By the way, one of the items was from the portal while the other was from a premium pack.

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

3 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Portal loot. Could've been better, I already have enough phys annihilators. 

Also is it just me or does this portal only give a chest once for each difficulty level? I've been farming it on insane and nothing.

Screenshot_20211225-121735_Super Mechs.jpg

The portal's unfarmable outside of first clear rewards.

Regular box drop rate is basically at 1% on Insane.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

I'm not sure why this portal's like that but yeah, previous portals had much better chances for regular mix boxes and the occasional fortune box. 

I guess it's to balance out the whole Godly First Clear rewards thing.

7 minutes ago, Deimos said:

That's stupid, was it always like that? I remember farming tons of items during portals back in the day.

Portals now drop more legendaries and ascension relics as well, but yes I do get your point, no farming is sad. Also the drops from this portal are just a little poor for a Christmas portal.  Across 3 accounts I only racked up 5 legendaries

Boss is rlly small too lol 

8A03B5A9-8FF3-4941-A068-94A30501FEF3.png

3 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

I'm not sure why this portal's like that but yeah, previous portals had much better chances for regular mix boxes and the occasional fortune box. 

I guess it's to balance out the whole Godly First Clear rewards thing.

Found the reason. Man, this is not a good look. Silencing people that offer criticism instead of at least listening to it is a yikes.

If I remember correctly the drops were roughly the same albeit not guaranteed but you could use tokens to farm for the entire duration and rack up tons of legendaries and epics. Where I will give credit is including ascension relics in the drops but I'd still take the old portal over this one.

Can't wait for this to get deleted because expressing one's opinion on here is apparently not allowed lmao

Screenshot_20211225-144129_Chrome.jpg

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Found the reason. Man, this is not a good look. Silencing people that offer criticism instead of at least listening to it is a yikes.

If I remember correctly the drops were roughly the same albeit not guaranteed but you could use tokens to farm for the entire duration and rack up tons of legendaries and epics. Where I will give credit is including ascension relics in the drops but I'd still take the old portal over this one.

Can't wait for this to get deleted because expressing one's opinion on here is apparently not allowed lmao

Screenshot_20211225-144129_Chrome.jpg

We’re open for legitimate criticism, just not for false implications or outright disinformation from a toxic angle, which happens a lot here. 

Simple fact is a fraction (<1% of runs for most of them on normal) of past boxes were fortune boxes, and said fortune boxes had, on the best ones of the last few years, a 2% L-M droprate on less items. It was abysmal and we’re not interested in being a platform for people to imply that the boxes which far exceed the drops you’d be able to get for free unless absurdly lucky are somehow similar to a generation of people who haven’t experienced the ‘fun’ of spending a day farming for some epics. Chances on regular old mix boxes was 0% on most portals - only epics as legendary, no L-M.

So sure, think what you want, give fair criticism and think back of the good old days of memory where all was better. But similar to the “I miss when all myths were sold in shop” or the “legacy where everything was for free”, we have no intention to allow people to convince a bunch of newbies their rosy memories are fact and get entirely the wrong idea… I think that’s fair, this is our forum after all. You’re free to make your own for that 🙂

25 minutes ago, Alexander said:

We’re open for legitimate criticism, just not for false implications or outright disinformation from a toxic angle, which happens a lot here. 

Simple fact is a fraction (<1% of runs for most of them on normal) of past boxes were fortune boxes, and said fortune boxes had, on the best ones of the last few years, a 2% L-M droprate on less items. It was abysmal and we’re not interested in being a platform for people to imply that the boxes which far exceed the drops you’d be able to get for free unless absurdly lucky are somehow similar to a generation of people who haven’t experienced the ‘fun’ of spending a day farming for some epics. Chances on regular old mix boxes was 0% on most portals - only epics as legendary, no L-M.

So sure, think what you want, give fair criticism and think back of the good old days of memory where all was better. But similar to the “I miss when all myths were sold in shop” or the “legacy where everything was for free”, we have no intention to allow people to convince a bunch of newbies their rosy memories are fact and get entirely the wrong idea… I think that’s fair, this is our forum after all. You’re free to make your own for that 🙂

Someone doesn't know how to take criticism.

I know for a fact legendaries used to drop from mix boxes in portals. That's how I got my Sorrow. Was it intentional or just a glitch on tacticsoft's part? Who knows, but that's the reality, no rose tinted glasses here. Also nobody farms on normal, normal has the worst droprates.

Idk about you but more items are always better than a single guaranteed L-M, especially for new players that need all of the epics as well. I've already commended your improvements with the relics and also the extra tokens are a nice touch but I think me and everyone else who experienced the old portals would agree that format was better. Gold portal is the one you farm once for each difficulty.

I hope you'll take some of this feedback into consideration if there is ever a new item portal because having only 3 chances to get it would be unfortunate.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Deimos said:

I know for a fact legendaries used to drop from mix boxes in portals. That's how I got my Sorrow. Was it intentional or just a glitch on tacticsoft's part? Who knows, but that's the reality, no rose tinted glasses here. Also nobody farms on normal, normal has the worst droprates.

Idk about you but more items are always better than a single guaranteed L-M, especially for new players that need all of the epics as well. I've already commended your improvements with the relics and also the extra tokens are a nice touch but I think me and everyone else who experienced the old portals would agree that format was better. Gold portal is the one you farm once for each difficulty.

I hope you'll take some of this feedback into consideration if there is ever a new item portal because having only 3 chances to get it would be unfortunate.

Again, there’s a difference between criticism and just complaining based on non-fact. 

Mix boxes on *some* difficulties on *some* portals had a tiny (<1% is the highest I found) chance of dropping L-M’s, but most had none. They also didn’t drop every run on those. I did mention most 😜

People did farm normal a fair bit I am pretty sure - it had the highest rate of mix boxes. (Significantly higher than insane, for whatever reason). 

You can farm normal missions for epics just fine, or use base. I would not recommend a newb to spend tokens on getting epics from a portal, and without tokens more likely than not you wouldn’t get anything useful. I invite you to start a poll on returning the old portals - if it wins out I promise we’ll roll back the change to portal drops, I’d be more than happy to. 

33 minutes ago, Deimos said:

ngl i prefer the free legend relics and items plus not only do you get good items but you get tokens also and even if you cant farm any more boxes you can still farm portal for gold since it gives way more gold per cost than od8 i think new portals are better also epics arent hard to get there's plenty of other ways to get them other than waiting for portals thats why i think spending 100k for epics on base is waste

also bruh 4th claw 

at least there's good food

Christmas was good this year

big sad.JPG

31 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Again, there’s a difference between criticism and just complaining based on non-fact. 

Mix boxes on *some* difficulties on *some* portals had a tiny (<1% is the highest I found) chance of dropping L-M’s, but most had none. They also didn’t drop every run on those. I did mention most 😜

People did farm normal a fair bit I am pretty sure - it had the highest rate of mix boxes. (Significantly higher than insane, for whatever reason). 

You can farm normal missions for epics just fine, or use base. I would not recommend a newb to spend tokens on getting epics from a portal, and without tokens more likely than not you wouldn’t get anything useful. I invite you to start a poll on returning the old portals - if it wins out I promise we’ll roll back the change to portal drops, I’d be more than happy to. 

nah new portals good i enjoy relics

Edited by Dark conon mech (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Thanks for the great Christmas gift!

Today we basically got, 1 op portal pack, 2 op portal fortune boxes, and 1 free premium pack, thanks Alex.

I also remember the old portals, I would farm the whole day spend maybe 500 tokens and I remember I did have some good drops, and I would also like to be able to farm portal, but if the drop rates were that bad, then let's keep these portals pls 🙂

Merry Christmas to u Alex.

49 minutes ago, Dark conon mech said:

ngl i prefer the free legend relics and items plus not only do you get good items but you get tokens also and even if you cant farm any more boxes you can still farm portal for gold since it gives way more gold per cost than od8 i think new portals are better also epics arent hard to get there's plenty of other ways to get them other than waiting for portals thats why i think spending 100k for epics on base is waste

also bruh 4th claw 

at least there's good food

Christmas was good this year

big sad.JPG

nah new portals good i enjoy relics

Okay but listen, what if the good changes like relics and increased tokens were kept but there would be unlimited item farming on top of that?

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

I mean, my experience with portals whenever I spent tokens farming them was overwhelmingly positive, so either I had godlike RNG every single portal or the odds were simply better than you are describing. 

Best one for farming portals was hard by far, best drop chance + fuel use efficiency

There's no point in making a poll, majority of old players quit the game at this point and nobody new would vote for something they never experienced. 

My main worry was regarding the new item portals if they were to ever make a return. There would only be a limited amount of the item you want to get using this new system.