Gato Games?

Fordekash

2 hours ago, Fordekash said:

I am looking to find out when gato games events will replace tacsoft events. Has there been an official announcement with a posted date? 

has there been any official announcements on any changes we can expect?

.....the suspense is killing me...

We don't know when the official date will came out yet. Only time can tell us when

Spoiler

Or maybe not.

9 hours ago, Alexander said:

Problem with being public with these things kind of ruins the point of doing them 😕 

ah Alex, you came back! , an event like 2014 will be great.

return box ultra , and sale powerkit If it's possible? , thank you

image.png.96796aea7887a2fd50a9bd36338860b7.png

image.thumb.png.b4d506c8cf483e352f9aa595e2ddd78b.png

I'm an old gamer, a little fed up with harvest gold, I would like to buy powerkits

@Alexander I have a better idea. This one is quite a mouthful, but basically, there is an app called apitode, which allows people to access older versions of sm, however because the servers for those versions have been brought down, you can't play past the tutorial. HOWEVER this means all the game files for all the old versions are still intact. Meaning, if you simply bring back up the servers for those old versions (if thats possible) then anyone could play legacy supermechs, without interfering with their reloaded accounts. lmk what you think of this idea

48 minutes ago, Grosboss said:

Tactisoft proved impossible ... lowered the rating on the new item to 0.03% ...  LOL

Btw. First I would finish the nerf and buff of all the items in the game. Because now it's a tragedy. A few things were done and they all threw themselves on a few torsos, one drone and a few weapons. This is the number one priority for me because it is very unbalanced.

2 hours ago, Grosboss said:

ah Alex, you came back! , an event like 2014 will be great.

return box ultra , and sale powerkit If it's possible? , thank you

image.thumb.png.b4d506c8cf483e352f9aa595e2ddd78b.png

I'm an old gamer, a little fed up with harvest gold, I would like to buy powerkits

Interesting.  👍😲🧐🤔

1 hour ago, Jesper said:

Tactisoft proved impossible ... lowered the rating on the new item to 0.03% ...  LOL

Btw. First I would finish the nerf and buff of all the items in the game. Because now it's a tragedy. A few things were done and they all threw themselves on a few torsos, one drone and a few weapons. This is the number one priority for me because it is very unbalanced.

Is like having frantics but different weapons 🤣😂 but no worries keep it in 1kg and will be balanced. 😇🤗 

Planning for my new mech  for the next rebalance 😂🤣🙃😉

Super Mechs_2021-02-23-03-05-20.jpg

• Administrators
14 hours ago, trophy435 said:

i thought feb 18th was the last scheduled event by TS.... 🤔

did i read the original note wrong or is this another stalling tactic

You shouldn't believe everything people say on the forum 😛

3 hours ago, Fordekash said:

@Alexander. Thank you very much for making it clear when the last TS event was. I think we are all looking forward to see what your team does moving forward!

We'll do our best but please do temper your expectation. While we intend to experiment and play around to see what works, we're not just going to do everything completely different and start over 😛

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

It does takes time and planning, programming etc with short staff and fixing up lot of stuff. People wants all right on the spot like using a magic wand and presto. 

Just give a break to them. This takes a year or more. Be realistic plus lot of rules and law from different countries to address etc. Not easy task. 🤗

What exactly does?

Events are a fair bit of work but it used to be a part time job for a guy who made them about 6 months upfront. Honestly the majority of it lies in research for us - we can't just 1-2-3 change everything because the current event standards are actually not just random but based on extensive market research etc. 

Main issue right now is honestly that we couldn't simply inherit skilled staff (SM was in maintenance mode when we bought it - they had other jobs already), so we've to figure everything out from scratch and hire as well, so a lot of "we" ends up being "me" trying to juggle maintenance previously done by 4 (3 of which part time, thankfully) people in addition to actual changes that haven't been done in years! 

I am in the hiring process for some staff but having some difficulty choosing! Life sucks sometimes. 😛 On the community side specifically, as that's something I really _really_ don't have time for and it's starting to show >.> 

Basically as I start understanding and fixing some backlaying stuff everything (including hiring - hiring people who have to learn everything on their own is ... difficult!) should become much much much easier. 

E.g. we have to get backups in a much better place, there's a serious risk of losing months of data and having a week of downtime or more if disaster strikes and that's just totally not acceptable for a game like this. I'd like to automate infrastructure so it recovers nicely etc (have you noticed? I already did a fair bit of work on that, though the biggest steps are yet to come!), with this i'd like to make a proper pipeline of SM Dev -> SM RC (semi-public beta) -> SM Live so updates get less risky (there's a pipeline of sorts now, but it honestly has some crucial issues, including that the only real test version doesn't run the game the same way as the live version....). We can streamline support by probably up to 90% by offering simple instructions to disable your own base and reach forget password and making clear what we can/cant help with... There's so much we've planned that will make SM more reliable in the long run or free more of our time for stuff more beneficial to the players.... 

Events are part of that - once we've a bit of experience we can probably automate parts (does a human REALLY need to decide what days you get some random bonus? :P), assuming the small parts actually are fun and make sense, and free up time for actual humans planning larger scaled, more interesting events that don't feel like generic drivel. 

Right now the goal of the upcoming event schedule is just for us to duke out what does/doesn't work and play around a bit. Top priority right now is picking up the pieces Tacticsoft couldn't work on as they had a huge need to show results quickly (which we really don't, we're fine spending a few months making the next 5 years easier). But once we've some experience, as with all things, it'll get better 😃

10 minutes ago, Alexander said:

What exactly does?

Events are a fair bit of work but it used to be a part time job for a guy who made them about 6 months upfront. Honestly the majority of it lies in research for us - we can't just 1-2-3 change everything because the current event standards are actually not just random but based on extensive market research etc. 

Main issue right now is honestly that we couldn't simply inherit skilled staff (SM was in maintenance mode when we bought it - they had other jobs already), so we've to figure everything out from scratch and hire as well, so a lot of "we" ends up being "me" trying to juggle maintenance previously done by 4 (3 of which part time, thankfully) people in addition to actual changes that haven't been done in years! 

I am in the hiring process for some staff but having some difficulty choosing! Life sucks sometimes. 😛 On the community side specifically, as that's something I really _really_ don't have time for and it's starting to show >.> 

Basically as I start understanding and fixing some backlaying stuff everything (including hiring - hiring people who have to learn everything on their own is ... difficult!) should become much much much easier. 

E.g. we have to get backups in a much better place, there's a serious risk of losing months of data and having a week of downtime or more if disaster strikes and that's just totally not acceptable for a game like this. I'd like to automate infrastructure so it recovers nicely etc (have you noticed? I already did a fair bit of work on that, though the biggest steps are yet to come!), with this i'd like to make a proper pipeline of SM Dev -> SM RC (semi-public beta) -> SM Live so updates get less risky (there's a pipeline of sorts now, but it honestly has some crucial issues, including that the only real test version doesn't run the game the same way as the live version....). We can streamline support by probably up to 90% by offering simple instructions to disable your own base and reach forget password and making clear what we can/cant help with... There's so much we've planned that will make SM more reliable in the long run or free more of our time for stuff more beneficial to the players.... 

Events are part of that - once we've a bit of experience we can probably automate parts (does a human REALLY need to decide what days you get some random bonus? :P), assuming the small parts actually are fun and make sense, and free up time for actual humans planning larger scaled, more interesting events that don't feel like generic drivel. 

Right now the goal of the upcoming event schedule is just for us to duke out what does/doesn't work and play around a bit. Top priority right now is picking up the pieces Tacticsoft couldn't work on as they had a huge need to show results quickly (which we really don't, we're fine spending a few months making the next 5 years easier). But once we've some experience, as with all things, it'll get better 😃

Thx you very much for t he detailed answer. I appreciate and I know this takes time away from you to do the real job in front of you. 🤗

Good luck in the task. I know it is not easy. 👍

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

Thx you very much for t he detailed answer. I appreciate and I know this takes time away from you to do the real job in front of you. 🤗

Good luck in the task. I know it is not easy. 👍

Actually I just felt like replying, it's 3AM here. 😛

If someone seems to be thinking with us and optimistic, it's enjoyable for me to give them a bit of insight, so I don't mind doing it in my own time then 😃

It's different when someone asks for the umpteenth time where trading is!

Hope you'll stay on this journey with us.