- - - F l e x - T h r e a d - - -

WinzKay

11 hours ago, epicspeedster said:

yeah I farm od6 because its fast

I tend to farm 1V1 boss's lair #7, normally on hard.  In fact, that's my testing ground: if a mech is able to regularly pass this one, it's ready for the arena.  Which means my physical mech isn't ready yet 😕

Because recently I've been mostly on a huge push to mythical all my stuff, especially my modules, I've been even using tokens to increase the farming.  Like today when it's +50% gold.  My base factories have been running 24/7 for two weeks now.

Today I manually played 1V1 with my EFA.  My energy free mech is: energy free armor, massive lava feet, two epic level 1 heat bombs, a level 40 legendary Clash (I'll get rid of it as soon as I get a better drone), two vandal rages or two desolations, maybe Flaming Hammer, and then as many basalt dissolvers as I can.  It's not completely energy free but it is mostly.  It was fun playing with a new concept today.  All the items except the lava feet and flaming hammer and drone were completely brand new epic level 1 or legendary level 1.

I wouldn't put my EFA in the arena yet, but it was fun to play 1V1 campaign nonetheless.

Then I went back to farming boss's lair #7.

3 hours ago, TheLord said:

This 3 legendaries box was rank 12 box

I mean how rare is getting 3 legendaries from a rank 12 box

Dang @TheLord that's some impressive luck!

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

4 minutes ago, CDR_Xavier said:

If he .... well, its a eng-based heat counter. apparently one hybrid heat cannon isn't enough against a full-out energy

In my opinion there's absolutely no point to omnimechs or hybrids.  You can't excel at everything.  I see that in the arena at my rank as well as in the higher ranks.  There's basically only one omnimech player I've never beat, but it's only because they're running around with both of the "divine drainer" pairs (i.e. corrupt light + savagery and malice beam + hysteria).  By the time my weapons get to divine, I'll beat them because I am not trying to do 2 things at once.  You can't run a drone that is good for both heat and energy at the same time.  The closest to that would be Hurlbat, but if I can do more damage as only heat or energy (like firefly or railgun) then I win.

Hybrid mechs won't go all the way to rank 1 but I am not sure at which arena rank hybrids "drop off" the radar.

I think it's better to have one energy, one heat, and one physical rather than two hybrids.  But oh well.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

You can't excel at everything.

except when they are troll (e.g. divine troll, full maxed myth troll)

I am not sure at which arena rank hybrids "drop off" the radar.

to be honest, flaminator is much more competent than hot flash because its a corrupt light but without the heat cost (and weighs less?)

I personally use one (on my heat mech), despite the fact that my heat got 150/70 energy

Hot flash, on the other hand, is smh. It's heavy, and it generate more than an acceptable amount of heat. Well, except for divine "energy free energy" trolls that somehow get 220+ cooling

My heat mech now get 196 cooling. Not too bad, since it's still running two RARE mods

I think it's better to have one energy, one heat, and one physical

That's my approach. Unfortunately it seems like less people is keeping their energy (and, for example, swap with another heat)

Energy isn't THAT competent anymore

Edited by CDR_Xavier
added content (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

11 minutes ago, CDR_Xavier said:

to be honest, flaminator is much more competent than hot flash because its a corrupt light but without the heat cost (and weighs less?)

I'm pretty sure corrupt light weighs less.  And Flaminator is a liability when fighting an energy mech.  There is now an energy mech player in the top 10 arena players, so I can't ignore energy on my heat mech any more.

Sure, if I knew I would fight only heat mechs, I would use Flaminator on my heat mech.  But at my arena rank, I end up fighting all kinds of people.

I would be willing to upgrade my regen much higher if I had the Hybrid Heat cannon, but to be fair it does more heat damage, which is why it would be worth it to me.

The difference in Flaminator vs Corrupt Light is more about build preference, in my opinion, as I don't see either as being very clearly superior to the other in all circumstances.

Edited by SawzAll
Clarity (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

There is now an energy mech player in the top 10 arena players

Incredible.

17 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

as I don't see either as being very clearly superior to the other in all circumstances.

Mythed, however, flaminator became too expensive to operate. I'm thinking of acquiring something else eventually

Hybrid is of course even better and remains somewhat useful when mythed. but 104 eng cost is hefty

0B478AF9-1B50-4D5D-A589-B2A20543688D.thumb.jpeg.e1cfeebe884a805d56837664f9b48a27.jpeg

I flex him because he managed to go to rank 14 AND have his mech look decent. Kudos.

(realistically, I think he's just a nub player that purchased a "upgrade kit" for a few $$$$. Nobody goes around like that with legy dual vandal)

me: "Wow. Dual Vandal. That's very ambitious."

Those two vandals are legendary too. I'm sure he'll like a hammer and a savagery, but he is using all 6 slots too. I hope he won't, eventually.

Ok I died. The only reason is because it's a myth hybrid and mine is a legy flaminator.

And also I found funny: his hp is solely from the better leg and torso. he is also using one plate like I am, but no res

what a garbage build (only 111 cooling!). looks intimidating, much to the size of Brutality I guess.

Edited by CDR_Xavier
added content (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

29 minutes ago, CDR_Xavier said:

Ok I died. The only reason is because it's a myth hybrid and mine is a legy flaminator.

And also I found funny: his hp is solely from the better leg and torso. he is also using one plate like I am, but no res

what a garbage build (only 111 cooling!). looks intimidating, much to the size of Brutality I guess.

I'm at an arena rank where NOT having about every item at mythical status results in losing.  Right now I'm working up a magma recoiler and firefly drone, and they're legendary.  So far it hasn't hurt me too much because my torso, legs, corrupt light and savagery are mythical.  And I have two mythical heat engines.  But I am working very hard to mythical the firefly and magma recoiler quickly.

I may replace my mythical flaming hammer with a chaos bringer for a short time only because hammers are heavy and I want to ultimately have a Terror Blade.  But I'm being careful because, though arena rank isn't everything, I'd rather not lose a lot, as I like to earn my daily tasks (3 wins a day).

Screenshot_20201231-234751.png80th max myth.

Important links:
Base disable (only one per person, not one per account): Create New Request - SuperMechs Community
Junior mod applications: Create New Application - SuperMechs Community
Item artist applications: Create New Record - SuperMechs Community 

Spoiler

Why are you looking at this? Go check out the next post.