Most underrated torso?

Darktide

For me, it’s likely avenger, the value of the resistances and how easy it is to obtain one from a premium box makes it really good for being an epic base. 2nd most health with likely the highest resistance of any torso ever makes it a force to be reckoned with. I’ve even built a hugger featuring it…

5E1ADFF1-115E-4519-9CFC-65D5F58649BB.jpeg

Avenger is a bad physical torso. here is why:

very trash heat cap and cooling

extra weight

below average energy cap

and the resistances are below  average

and no it's not underrated. it's trash. that's why peopke don't use it. 

and second, physiscal huggers to NOT work at all

here we have wingido, one of the best non-premium heat torsos, along with naga 

and here we have avenger. 

Screenshot_20210717_110831.jpg

Screenshot_20210717_110845.jpg

Edited by Obis
Adding something (see edit history)

Just now, Spam said:

I’d say zarkares, when it was first introduced it was a really good torso, but I guess now it’s outdated😢.

I still see a lot of zarkares users in ranks 11-9

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

17 hours ago, Darktide said:

with likely the highest resistance of any torso ever

Actually, that would be EFA (34/34/34) and the MPV and LPV (77/22/31 or 77/31/22 depending on which).   

I think EFA is the most underrated torso.  I love EFA.  It's got high resistance in all categories (but not as high in physical as the MPV/LPV).  If your build can support energy-free, it's a good substitute for MPV/LPV in energy-free builds, even though it's not perfect.  It has the highest heat resistance of any torso in the game, too.

EFA plus savior resistance and (for example, heat damage) desolation and heat bomb can be quite formidable in middle ranks.  Like I said, EFA isn't the top torso, but it's still very good.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

3 hours ago, Spam said:

Ik, but now everyone is moving over to windigo.

Its actually quite heartbreaking to see one of the best torsos get replaced by its little cousin.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:03 AM, SawzAll said:

Actually, that would be EFA (34/34/34) and the MPV and LPV (77/22/31 or 77/31/22 depending on which).   

I think EFA is the most underrated torso.  I love EFA.  It's got high resistance in all categories (but not as high in physical as the MPV/LPV).  If your build can support energy-free, it's a good substitute for MPV/LPV in energy-free builds, even though it's not perfect.  It has the highest heat resistance of any torso in the game, too.

EFA plus savior resistance and (for example, heat damage) desolation and heat bomb can be quite formidable in middle ranks.  Like I said, EFA isn't the top torso, but it's still very good.

I would argue for sith. Good res, low hp unfortunately, but good base stats as well, and very light, makes it very easy to make good rounded builds with it

3 hours ago, The Great said:

I would argue for sith. Good res, low hp unfortunately, but good base stats as well, and very light, makes it very easy to make good rounded builds with it

it just has decent stats, not good cuz the energy cap is a bit low and the resitance is okay, the weight is good, too but the hp is a big weakness

a grimraper with a better hp but lower energy, thats sith