New Game Mode: Survival Mode

SawzAll

Does survival mode sound like a good idea to you?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Does survival mode sound like a good idea to you?

• Excellent idea!
    • Good idea!
    • I can tolerate this idea!
    • Maybe
    • I sort of don't like this idea
    • I don't like this idea
    • This is a horrible idea

I have an idea for a new mode of play in this game that would require a complete change of tactics and build.

So far, arena favors mass damage because you have one chance to beat your enemy.

RAID favors single use heat bombs to be able to overpower your enemies.

Campaigns, as they are now, favor resistance and limited use items because you get your uses back with each enemy.

What about survival mode?

Basically this mode would be like a campaign mission but it would be one mech on a 3x3 square.

When you beat the first mech (think 1v1 first mission on normal), it immediately spawns another in-game.

The enemies get harder as you go.

Your rewards are based off of how many waves of enemies you successfully kill.

This would be different because mechs with limited use items would die quickly once they run out of shots.

It might even be best for F2Ps because lots of non-premium items are unlimited use.

It would require a different kind of mech build than the arena or raid.

So say I defeat 10 enemies, my rewards are based off that.  One can play survival mode once a day.

This would provide another source of game reward.  You wouldn't be competing against other people, really, but against yourself, seeing how many waves you can beat.

With this also comes the "best survival mode score of the week" where the player with the highest number of waves that week would get honorable mention and a specific reward.

What do you think?

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

@SawzAll

I think this is a great idea, I was waiting for you to make a topic. I think it would be interesting, just as a game mode, not portal, costs 10 fuel to enter, but based on waves, so Wave 1 has 3 enemies, Wave 2 has 4 and the yconsstently get stronger. Also, just on a separate note, I think it would be cool if you could team up with 2 other mechs, either random or "Friends" (would have to be added), and fight them all together. 

This would work that at the end of each match you can exchange health with other members. This means that you three get 3 turns while the opponent only gets 1 after each of your turns. This would also encourage a multitude of strategies, for example a highly mobile support mech with tons of hp, whose sole purpose it is to get out of range of the enemy mechs, and to donate his health at the end of each wave. 

How the movement would work would be, you have 1 enemy in position 7, you are at position 2, you then use, as your second action point, space invader moving you to position 5 and the enemy to position 8, then team member change happens, and your next team member replaces you, spawning at the same position you were at before, whilst the enemy stays the same and acts as if nothing had happened.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

8 hours ago, Ad1tya said:

Make survival mode an event (like a portal or something) and im in for this idea

If it's ok with everyone, I'd actually like this to be the 4th option in the campaign menu selection (i.e. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, Survival).  It would be one map, one mission that looks futuristic (think in various anime where they stumble upon an ancient super-advanced civilization) and that one mission is the survival mode.  I'd rather not add a button to the main menu, as that seems almost full of buttons already.  I'd also rather not make it an event, but more like its own thing.  I'd say it could be a button next to the RAID button, but honestly I think there are too many buttons, so that's why I'm thinking campaign menu.

Or it could be one of the modes in the RAID (if RAID had a menu like Campaign).

But if there's no other way than to make it one of the portals, I don't mind.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 2/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, SawzAll said:

If it's ok with everyone, I'd actually like this to be the 4th option in the campaign menu selection (i.e. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, Survival).  It would be one map, one mission that looks futuristic (think in various anime where they stumble upon an ancient super-advanced civilization) and that one mission is the survival mode.  I'd rather not add a button to the main menu, as that seems almost full of buttons already.  I'd also rather not make it an event, but more like its own thing.  I'd say it could be a button next to the RAID button, but honestly I think there are too many buttons, so that's why I'm thinking campaign menu.

Or it could be one of the modes in the RAID (if RAID had a menu like Campaign).

But if there's no other way than to make it one of the portals, I don't mind.

I think it should have it's own modes, easy hard and insane. There would have to be a rework of the buttons with the campaign button becoming "Offline", then when you press that you get 2 options "Campaign" and "Survival", I would still like to see 3v3 survival mode, but adding different difficulties would render it less tedious for stronger players which have to fly through the first levels every time.

Ik I'm reviving this but it seemed to die out and it's a great idea so idc.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, SawzAll said:

I have an idea for a new mode of play in this game that would require a complete change of tactics and build.

So far, arena favors mass damage because you have one chance to beat your enemy.

RAID favors single use heat bombs to be able to overpower your enemies.

Campaigns, as they are now, favor resistance and limited use items because you get your uses back with each enemy.

What about survival mode?

Basically this mode would be like a campaign mission but it would be one mech on a 3x3 square.

When you beat the first mech (think 1v1 first mission on normal), it immediately spawns another in-game.

The enemies get harder as you go.

Your rewards are based off of how many waves of enemies you successfully kill.

This would be different because mechs with limited use items would die quickly once they run out of shots.

It might even be best for F2Ps because lots of non-premium items are unlimited use.

It would require a different kind of mech build than the arena or raid.

So say I defeat 10 enemies, my rewards are based off that.  One can play survival mode once a day.

This would provide another source of game reward.  You wouldn't be competing against other people, really, but against yourself, seeing how many waves you can beat.

With this also comes the "best survival mode score of the week" where the player with the highest number of waves that week would get honorable mention and a specific reward.

What do you think?

How about we reward first wave with 2 good epics and 200k or is that too much and  wave 10 3 milll and 3 legendary and 20 epics 40 rares 100 commons 🙂