Top Clan Politics

Atusiff

I have too many words right now.

I'll start from when I first joined a top-ish clan, Bound To Black. Even then there were some politics and clan rivalries, even if it was just for jest. Our leader left the clan momentarily for a medal with a top clan, but when he came back the clan had already begun crumbling. It was about that time I joined WLGang, a very promising clan. WLGang was a good clan because of it’s community and member-derived descisions.

But be wary of top clans, you may want to join them for their rewards, but they are taxing. Most players who have entered the clans do not leave the same. In a top clan, you have all eyes on you. Top clans are pressured by the community to do things that they would not do before, and the individual is affected by this choice. As well as, for a top clan to stay top, they have to focus on purely AP, which turns the players into mindless arena machines.

Each top clan has their own politics, whether kept private or public. In fact, WLGang has an archive of some of the politic's they've had to deal with before.  I do not want to be a part of clan politics any more, so I will have to retire from WLGang and all top clans,

Thank you for reading this.

Spoiler

With that, I still want to be in a clan.

My only two requirements are that it is 1) a clean clan; if it partakes of any cheaty business or shady politics, I will leave.

and 2) It has a strong community. I've been in community-based clans such as BTB and its 12 full forum lounges, and WLG with its 4M+ discord messages. I have high standards.

PM me if interested

Edited by Atusiff (see edit history)

follow me.

From what I still know the clan Immortal Blades might be something for you Atu. I was in it as well for about 4-5 months before I eventually joined WLGang. They have their own Discord and should be around top 50 in clan arena ranking. Furthermore a lot of active/semi-active forum members are in the clan, and the clan even has its own club on this forum.
The leader of the clan, Shoultz262, wanted the clan to become a chill, laid-back clan without too much drama or aiming for top ranks. I think you will feel welcome there.

You can ask Shoultz on the forum if they still have a spot, or I can DM you his discord. 

Sad to see you go m8, but I understand your choice. I've been having some same thoughts lately because of lack of time.

Legacy Messiah | Reign Forever | Rejoined March 2020

6 hours ago, Atusiff said:

I have too many words right now.

WLGang is by far the best clan out of the top clans....

The clan is also relatively clean....

But ... top clans ... are taxing.

Top clans are pressured by the community....

... for a top clan to stay top, they have to focus on purely AP...

... I do not want to be a part of clan politics any more...

Reveal hidden contents

With that, I still want to be in a clan.

My only two requirements are that it is 1) a clean clan; if it partakes of any cheaty business or shady politics, I will leave.

and 2) It has a strong community. I've been in community-based clans such as BTB and its 12 full forum lounges, and WLG with its 4M+ discord messages. I have high standards.

PM me if interested

This is difficult to answer all in one post, but here's my reply:

First, I get it, you're burned out.  Sorry that happened to you.  Yeah, top clans are taxing.  But there are some problems I'd like to address.  I am not pointing a finger at you or anyone, but here's my 2 cents.

Sub-point to #1, I find it a waste of time to play any game more than one hour a day.  Do I?  Yes, sometimes I do, for the sake of my clan, and my allies while I was in Reign.  (I was only there 3 weeks to learn.  I don't promote myself over my clanmates.)

Sub-point to #1, this game gets monotonous real quick.  Alex has done things to try to break up the monotony, like arena pads and such, but yeah, the game is monotonous.  A game like, say, Borderlands 3, has a lot more variety.  That's just how things are right now.  (I am not dissing SM so much as I am saying we need SM 3.)

Second point, saying WLGang is by far the best clan, that's not scientific and you can't measure it.  How do you know which clan is best?  And how can a clan be the best for everyone?  And what's up with saying WLGang's hands are "relatively clean"?  Do you know other clans or only what WLGang members told you?  Starting a moral statement like this on a game like SM, with how rampant boosting is, even among the "relatively clean" clans, is like one pig in a mud puddle claiming to be more clean than the pig that's next to him in the same mud puddle.  I get it, you like WLGang, and I'm not here to change your mind.  But that's the problem with boosting: now that everyone's painted themselves into a corner with boosting, which is the opposite of being chivalrous, now "everyone's doing it" and no one wants to be the first clan to stop doing it.  I would imagine there are very few clans that don't boost within the top 50 clans.  And then of course there's the hacking thing: tabbing was only recently fixed, and some of the top clans were engaging in tabbing, or so I hear.  But of course, ban waves, etc.

And yes, top clans are taxing.  But with all due respect, compared to the other games on the market, it's like people are spending hours fighting over who gets to be the captain of a ship that's not in the top 10.  I am not dissing SM, but it's not the top game out there, and a fair and balanced check versus the 8 or so factors that make a game great reveals that SM is rather lacking.  Don't get me wrong, I offered to help with some of these to make SM better, but oh well.  *shrug*

As for top clans being pressured by the community: pressured to do what?  To be top clan?  Screw that.  They should exist to be chivalrous and fair, a community of soldiers out there trying to do their best.  Pressured to get rewards?  Screw that, that's the type of thinking that fuels people trying to cheat or boost their way to the top.  We are what we do.  Those who do things that are not chivalrous make themselves a reputation.  I'm not jealous of their position.  I'm not saying WLGang is hacking or cheating, but I'm not saying they aren't.  I'm not here to take sides.  I'm here to point out that clans have become what their leadership and their members wanted to be.

As for how clans become top clan in this game, sure, maybe that can be addressed.  Maybe the focus should be on being involved rather than just tons of AP.  But at the end of the day, the problem may also become that there is not another way to judge the clans in terms of top clan.  What else is there?  Doing community service and mailing signed affidavits to Alex?  Heck no.  I think the current SM system might overly reward people who reach top rank and stay there (i.e. aren't involved, but just do enough to get rank 3 or higher).  But how else are we going to do this?

As for clan politics, I'm surprised clan politics are even a thing on this game.  I'm sorry, but I spent as much on this game as a refurbished PS4 with Borderlands 3.  Which made me question why I spent so much in the first place.  Not dissing SM, and I'm not trying to discourage people from spending money on SM.  But at the end of the day, I felt like this was not cost effective.  So why is there even clan politics?  To me it's like people fighting to be the captain of a small boat that has a small hole in it.  First off, SM is a "small boat" among yachts like GTA, Payday, BL3, and others.  Second, it has a small hole: it can be maintained, but I don't think SM 2 (which is what we're playing basically: reloaded) has much of a future.  I am not saying the franchise is bad: we can make SM 3 and continue this game's legacy, sure.  But flash (or action script) isn't going to last forever.  And no game lasts forever, either.

So I'm trying to encourage you.  Don't fixate on SM.  Take a break.  Get some sun.  Find a clan that's more about people than about winning.

EDIT: also, in Alex's defense, making a game that is perfectly balanced is VERY DIFFICULT.  Even games that get close to balance among player classes like TF2 and BL3 are constantly putting out hotfixes to tweak stuff.

EDIT2: to be fair, even if SM2 (SM right now) is a small beat up boat with a hole in it, we CAN keep bailing the water out and row the boat towards the solution (i.e. SM3).

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

We all want top clan rewards but don’t realize what it takes to be in one beyond just being able to rank high.

the game should bring you joy. The time you spend thinking about the game should be about building and strategy not pressure from the clan. 

life is too short and full of enough stress. Do what you need to in order to spend your time playing and thinking about the game a joyful experience!

7 hours ago, SawzAll said:

But that's the problem with boosting: now that everyone's painted themselves into a corner with boosting, which is the opposite of being chivalrous, now "everyone's doing it" and no one wants to be the first clan to stop doing it.  I would imagine there are very few clans that don't boost within the top 50 clans.  And then of course there's the hacking thing: tabbing was only recently fixed, and some of the top clans were engaging in tabbing, or so I hear.  But of course, ban waves, etc.

You can literally see this happening as previously unknown people and such are suddenly in the upper ranks. There's a YouTube vid on how to do it and it's been spelled out step by step.

This and the recent hacks/cheats have made me not even care about ranking up anymore. Rank 1? Meaningless. Medals? Meaningless. Thanks, a-holes!

Brought to you by asshats to reelect AssClown to the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

I think that the game give opportunities to decide what direction a player want to go. Some players are pro medals and that it is not useless. It is a way to play the game to have a pixel like everything here it is. That require to have a mind set for that particular direction and to achieve that so the game give some ways regardless some aspects as "cheating" in the game. This is an example of few days ago. image.png.0789da9f2dd11ef88c6fc090e36b30ed.png

Many players have same direction and join to similar group of people. It is up to the person to find happiness in the game and not to pay attention to others what they say. In the end it is the player own direction to choose according game possibilities. 

I am example of it. I never set my mind to be a top player. Do I am one? No. Many will say I am but I am not. To me a top player is a person consistent on the rank and the desire to be there all the time. 

Can I still play at R1 all seasons? My answer is yes even with the outdated mechs I have according mech changes trough mechs set ups. Do I care to be R1? My answer it is NO. 

When I joined to play this with family request my focus was to do the basic. Farm to progress, level up, fight titan, collect tickets, do raid, pvp and enhance account arena stuff plus campaign. War was not possible been solo player. 

Since I started to play this game, many people asked me to join or to open my solo clan to be my clan mate. I rejected all of them from rank 25 and I still do. Why? very simple, I want to play my game as I can and as I will no matter what who say something.

First it is my time and it is my acc that I work hard no one else. Not my children, not my lady no others. My fun it is to make parts. What parts I want? I just want to make parts. I do not care. I want to farm and little by little see the progress for fun. Do I have to pay? No, I was playing free then just decided to get some. 

Been in a clan it is been subject to internal rules and  regulations stablished according the clan changes normally based on members added.

If a person it is not ready for a clan membership so is better stay out or to search for a clan that satisfy the basic need as the pilot feels better to be with. 

I feel fine in CANDELA INC. Sure, we had drama too and we drop and we rise too many times. Why I am there? Very simple, it was an honest request for very long to join the clan when the clan even still in the formulating and having hard time when I was a brand new player in the 20's rank. The leader kept asking me becoming friends from my start in this game. I always rejected to join. Sure it can be seen in my progress thread. 

Why I joined? Well, I decided to help in a temporary way but under my own stipulations. Why? Simple, it is my time and my acc to play as I want to play on my way. I was accepted to help move up the clan in a hard time. 

I commit to my words and I then decided to support in a temp way to see the clan stable and healthy as promised to my friend. I do not jump here and there. My words and promise to support the clan is there. If the clan keeps their words as I was accepted and conditions and if I keep my own as basics then there is no reason why to abandon the clan.

So far so good. They honor their words to me as I do for them. To me they are my friend that little by little I learn to care for them and for the clan. When a member walk away or is booted or else I am not a person who does not give an S. I actually care about them when in and when out. 

The game provide the opportunity to make friends that can last, have fun and reduce stress as a distraction like any other game generally speaking. 

First, search for what was the pilot motive to play this game. Go back in time and search for that feelings. I know my own, I wanted to make parts and farm for it and the other stuff but not ranks and clans or drama from them.

This is my kid time, I am an old person. I want to enjoy the fun to see a part changing color like a little kid without offence to those here. I want to see the gold number moving up when I farm. I like to test parts not developed at any rank and many at R1 can see me playing against them with R10 mechs for my own fun testing and get destroyed and see the mech pieces. 

Top clans require some basics that not all players are ready for it or not interested but some are focus to be there. There is a level of respect to the tops whatever they do to stay there, to those in lower but still top and to those I bit further down in the way they play regardless whatever other person say against the clan as constant offences to each other. Sure not fun for me that part. 

Why I still play in CANDELA? Promise. Apart of that it does fit to my play ways. I can move up and down at any time. I support the direction when is needed. They play TITAN. I want to play TITAN and always did as solo player. I want to do Raid and still do. I want to play WAR. I want to make wins if possible to collect gold to enhance account. I want to be there because I have friends. They trust me, care and we have fun talking to each other. The clan tops members are real tops. They can do whatever easy. They stay in the clan because they can play as they want too. That is cool. I think they enjoy basics of the game plus they have some goals of rewards that is basic of the game as incentive.

What is my vision as player? I am not a ranker. I am a part maker farming for it. I want to make many parts for fun even I end up not using the part. Will some day get a medal? Hmm, I doubt about it since it is not in my radar and do not play for it. Sure I was able to get already some having high AP in all seasons when I decided to play for R1 full stars for fun but dropping to help the team.  Sure I will make an strong account for sure. 

Right now my focus is to play R3 or lower for test back to my own normal play time as before decided to test my person if playing serious can get reach top spot and I did so no issues to wonder about it for curiosity.

Clan politics always will be there. House politic like living with parents and siblings etc.

Top clans can be good or a course but it is the way of the members decisions how to make the clan and set direction and there is nothing wrong on it. People choose.

The game is fun but also not that easy to progress. People gets tired of the game. It does consume too much time for sure. Players need to rest a bit and forget about the game. Sure some don't. 

To have fun people need to keep their play ways. I do according time availability that it is almost nothing or better say I should not been playing this because I have no time for it. 

Just enjoy they ride playing your way.  Lets go to FARM🤣

image.thumb.png.8e48f21683548de5fe67693ffc5c7da8.png

Top clans are full of noobs that are busier trying to manipulate arena than trying to play the game properly.

Rewards obtained by top clans are not very different than regular clans. Joining one of those is usually an ego matter more than anything else.

Edited by Lord Gorgon (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Lord Gorgon said:

Rewards obtained by top clans are not very different than regular clans. Joining one of those is usually an ego matter more than anything else.

AHAHAHAHA

My experience and the opinion of other people disagrees with what you just said.  My clan got to about #85 in the game and the rewards were still A/B/C/D box, not very impressive.  Twelve months in my own clan got me 5 legendary ascension relics.  Three weeks in Reign Forever and I got 5 legendary ascension relics.  Top clans get nice rewards, and that's exactly why people want to be in them.

The rewards are very different.  It's not about ego, although that is part of it.  It's about rewards.  You can't get ascension relics anywhere else that I know of other than clans.

Sorry man, you're wrong.

I agree with the Mechzilla fix here: make ascension relics the same as other items in terms of premium packs and boxes.  If people can get ascension relics at roughly the same scarcity as premium items in premium packs, this will take a lot of the incentive to be in a top clan away.  Until the tabbing fix, that was going on in top clans, based on reports from people who left those clans.  I'm not mentioning names.  And I wouldn't be surprised even if some top clans are still cheating and we just don't know how it's done.

Then there's also boosting.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

AHAHAHAHA

My experience and the opinion of other people disagrees with what you just said.  My clan got to about #85 in the game and the rewards were still A/B/C/D box, not very impressive.  Twelve months in my own clan got me 5 legendary ascension relics.  Three weeks in Reign Forever and I got 5 legendary ascension relics.  Top clans get nice rewards, and that's exactly why people want to be in them.

The rewards are very different.  It's not about ego, although that is part of it.  It's about rewards.  You can't get ascension relics anywhere else that I know of other than clans.

Sorry man, you're wrong.

I agree with the Mechzilla fix here: make ascension relics the same as other items in terms of premium packs and boxes.  If people can get ascension relics at roughly the same scarcity as premium items in premium packs, this will take a lot of the incentive to be in a top clan away.  Until the tabbing fix, that was going on in top clans, based on reports from people who left those clans.  I'm not mentioning names.  And I wouldn't be surprised even if some top clans are still cheating and we just don't know how it's done.

Then there's also boosting.

Yes, im sure your ranking took a dramatic step up after being able to divine 1 more LM item per year.

Massive advantage indeed.

*inserts baguette* *inserts thumbs up*

4 hours ago, Lord Gorgon said:

Yes, im sure your ranking took a dramatic step up after being able to divine 1 more LM item per year.

Being in a top clan that gives you one S box a week is phenomenal. I can attest to this being in a top 30 clan getting A/B boxes and a top 5 clan getting S/S+ boxes both for approximately a year.

Though I do agree with you that top players become noobs. With my experience, the lower ranks show a lot more strategy than the mid-high ranks do.

follow me.

4 hours ago, Lord Gorgon said:

It would have if I had stayed, yes.  It's not hard to see the 5% increase in damage and armor that having divine premiums would bring.  Like, all premiums, from MPV to Mercy to Distance Shredder.  Think about it.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, Lord Gorgon said:

To be fair, if the portal we just had is something Alexander keeps doing, what I said about clan rewards may change.

But the fact that you're saying this and you have been playing SM this long tells me you're biased. Because I know you've won matches by 1 hp or less than 100 hp. That extra 5% a divine gives you can very much spell victory in a game where weapons are RNG based.