Top Clan Politics

Atusiff

10 hours ago, OKI DOKI said:

I can recommend one great TOP clan.😃 Just kidding. 🤡 In RF you have cool guys. Why to leave the Nobel Warriors?

Play solo like me. I was solo all the time and developed as top with many myth parts. Never had clan drama. 🤡

Or you can join a clan that don't have drama.

Like, if we think of clans like the knights of the round table, they weren't perfect, but there wasn't a lot of drama usually.  Or if we think of clans like a military unit, even if they aren't perfect, usually there's a lot of cohesion and caring for each other.

That's what clans should be.  That's what Reign has been to me, and what I try to do in my own clan.

Why would you stay in a toxic clan?

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 10/23/2021 at 10:12 PM, SawzAll said:

It would have if I had stayed, yes.  It's not hard to see the 5% increase in damage and armor that having divine premiums would bring.  Like, all premiums, from MPV to Mercy to Distance Shredder.  Think about it.

To be fair, if the portal we just had is something Alexander keeps doing, what I said about clan rewards may change.

But the fact that you're saying this and you have been playing SM this long tells me you're biased. Because I know you've won matches by 1 hp or less than 100 hp. That extra 5% a divine gives you can very much spell victory in a game where weapons are RNG based.

Fairly ignorant thing to say. Any player facing me often knows that i lag quite big behind when it comes to quantity of divined L-M item (in use). So when it comes to divined advantages/disadvantages, i more often lay on the disadvantaged side.

Fyi.

On 10/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, Lord Gorgon said:

Fairly ignorant thing to say. Any player facing me often knows that i lag quite big behind when it comes to quantity of divined L-M item (in use). So when it comes to divined advantages/disadvantages, i more often lay on the disadvantaged side.

Fyi.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With all due respect, I'm not the only one who's tried to tell you this.  And whether you or I liked or disliked CleverName is irrelevant: having entirely divine mechs is a huge advantage.  Think about how many times you've won or lost a game by less than 100 hp or less than 100 damage and you see my point.  Whether we agree or not, CleverName proved that having the ability to divine everything you have gives you a very clear advantage.  And being 5% faster in sprint speed in the Olympics will mean you win gold.  As you get into the very top of the game, every single hit point and every single damage point matters.

Bottom line, me and several other top ranked players (1-5) have told you that having tons of divines DOES make a difference.  You are legendary for your skill in 3v3 heat, and you're probably better at playing this game than I am, but this is one place you're incorrect.  Sorry man.

Besides, I hear from some people that you have divines.  If you think they're not relevant, why do so many of your weapons glow?

Ok, so do a test.  Go an entire month without using any divine items and catalog your fall from rank 1.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

19 hours ago, SawzAll said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With all due respect, I'm not the only one who's tried to tell you this.  And whether you or I liked or disliked CleverName is irrelevant: having entirely divine mechs is a huge advantage.  Think about how many times you've won or lost a game by less than 100 hp or less than 100 damage and you see my point.  Whether we agree or not, CleverName proved that having the ability to divine everything you have gives you a very clear advantage.  And being 5% faster in sprint speed in the Olympics will mean you win gold.  As you get into the very top of the game, every single hit point and every single damage point matters.

Bottom line, me and several other top ranked players (1-5) have told you that having tons of divines DOES make a difference.  You are legendary for your skill in 3v3 heat, and you're probably better at playing this game than I am, but this is one place you're incorrect.  Sorry man.

Besides, I hear from some people that you have divines.  If you think they're not relevant, why do so many of your weapons glow?

Ok, so do a test.  Go an entire month without using any divine items and catalog your fall from rank 1.

The team i use at the moment has, per build:

- divine torso

- divine legs (E-M)

- divine drone

- 2 divine modules (over 8 L-Ms)

And thats all. Thats very very low density compared to the guys i face. I still perform nicely.

Besides, you keep mentioning HP or dmg as the big advantage of divine tier; weapon dmg rng spread is often around 200 (for usualy used weapons), thats 50% of the top dmg value. An edge of 5% dmg through divination accounts for nuts against rng. Same goes for divined mods, against rng, +30 hp accounts for nuts.

Real edge of divination lays in side stats, that arent subject to rng; mostly counts for heat up and energy drain stats for weapons. Cap and cooling/regen for modules.

Id advise you talk with experimented people around you before busting horse shet to me. Makes you look like a fool.

Edited by Lord Gorgon (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Lord Gorgon said:

Id advise you talk with experimented people around you before busting horse shet to me. Makes you look like a fool.

I never said side stats don't matter.  I said divines matter for HP and damage.  They also matter for side stats, sure.  But still, you're arguing against math and reality itself.  The same phenomenon exists in Borderlands 3 with people farming bosses until they get the weapon with the exact anoints and effects they need to put them over the top.  The same effect existed in the Mechwarrior games.  And in Battletech (clan versus inner sphere).  And in D&D (getting special imbued weapons).

Watch the olympics, like the sprints and other races.  A mere second faster would get one person a gold medal over another.

I've won several arena matches by less than 10 hp.  Divines absolutely matter, no matter what the item (except things like double teleport).

I definitely know I'm not the one looking like a fool.  I'm not ranting and raving against mathematical realities.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

Interesting conversation for the readers. Good points around. 

Hmm, I am a tester and I have collected information for 2 years that I won't share the numbers. I do collect from videos from my fights with the parts prepared for it on purpose of data collection. 

My charts are accurate since are real data obtained from the game.

The bandwidth  on my charts has been set per weapons actual ranges and selected the mean for it. That is taking all factors of the weapon stats. 

The mean from Myth and Divined of course shifted because the range is different. This is done since my start in the game from Epic parts to divined. 

The consideration is the output power points considering the type of torso and shields played. Using different accounts testing against each other and testing on the arena is been interesting. The low, mid, high output power fluctuation in some points of the charts are out of scale with or without shields tested same torsos.

The data indicate that divined status it does have an edge due to the mean is higher by default. The data points for type of mech weapon and against the other 2 types for test do not lie. Divined status add margin edge. 

The difference it is in the pilot movement and starting point using same type or different type of mech and combos. 

Regardless data, there is not much science here to understand that divined status is better but  not mean the player can't win against. Like I said, the starting point, type of mech etc plus player movement is the factor to win but the game sure recognize the extra power of divined power. 

Testing same mechs in full divined vs no divined same mechs my divined mech against not divined always won the fight by margin. 

The margin factor to win against divined is real. That happen to me in real combat against just to say Clever. My losses in the more recent fights against him where pure margin base loses and sure he knew how to play well his mechs. 

I entered those data on my charts as independent chart and adjusting the range to my own mech set up and status at that moment vs full divined set. I recalculated reducing the percentage to match output by older data average and if the mechs had the same set up I will win the match. Sure with some factors errors but tested in different conditions assuming all parts stats. It is very hard to determinate but basic analysis indicate that possibility beyond 50%. The statistical process control chart it does no lie so far in my constant test I do every week. 

Anyway, it is interesting the conversation around. 

16 hours ago, SawzAll said:

I never said side stats don't matter.  I said divines matter for HP and damage.  They also matter for side stats, sure.  But still, you're arguing against math and reality itself.  The same phenomenon exists in Borderlands 3 with people farming bosses until they get the weapon with the exact anoints and effects they need to put them over the top.  The same effect existed in the Mechwarrior games.  And in Battletech (clan versus inner sphere).  And in D&D (getting special imbued weapons).

Watch the olympics, like the sprints and other races.  A mere second faster would get one person a gold medal over another.

I've won several arena matches by less than 10 hp.  Divines absolutely matter, no matter what the item (except things like double teleport).

I definitely know I'm not the one looking like a fool.  I'm not ranting and raving against mathematical realities.

Reality is you mentioned that biggest advantage being in a top clan lays in S+ clan war box.

Of course a fully divined mech retains a massive advantage against a mech with 0 divined item. However, a mech having an edge of 2, 3 or 4 divined item against an oponent doesnt account for much.

Hence, collecting s+, s, or even a boxes doesnt make much of a difference.

Biggest advantage of joining a top clan is not facing your clanmates.

*inserts baguette*

On 11/4/2021 at 8:42 AM, Lord Gorgon said:

Biggest advantage of joining a top clan is not facing your clanmates.

What planet do you live on? I still fought my clan mates when I was in Reign. I didn't join a clan not to fight a certain group of people. I joined because I respect them and wanted to be a part of them.

I think you have this problem where you think everyone thinks and feels like you do. That's not logical, sorry. If you want to get closer to the truth, ask people why they joined their clan.