In Memory Of

rc

I want to honor the fallen forum members that didn’t make it thru their forum ban. The harsh reality of this forum...

As far as I know, they didn’t deserve a forum ban. With that said, every time someone gets ban, we lose a voice in the forum. As it is, we lost a lot of people after the transfer from the old forum. This forum is a pale shadow in comparison to the old forum in activity and usability.

May they find a better life without this forum.

pressf.jpg.3087e56b21b84949d618f2fe1fdc8208.jpg

F

Edited by rc (see edit history)

6 hours ago, rc said:

As far as I know, they didn’t deserve a forum ban.

But the question is, DO you know?  Because if not, you might be stirring up trouble for no worthwhile reason.

6 hours ago, rc said:

This forum is a pale shadow in comparison to the old forum in activity and usability.

To me, the usability on the new forum is higher.

I think a lot of why people didn't join the new forum is because they knew there would be stricter controls over the toxicity.  But I can't read their minds, so I don't know.

But the old forum was easily more toxic.  So really, good riddance.

Back to your thread's intent: I'm not taking any "moment of silence" for people who got banned.  I don't wish them well, but I don't wish bad upon anyone either.  It just is.

Also, FYI, I am not completely sure whether you're serious or joking.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

34 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

But the question is, DO you know?  Because if not, you might be stirring up trouble for no worthwhile reason.

I think a lot of why people didn't join the new forum is because they knew there would be stricter controls over the toxicity.  But I can't read their minds, so I don't know.

Back to your thread's intent: I'm not taking any "moment of silence" for people who got banned.  I don't wish them well, but I don't wish bad upon anyone either.  It just is.

Doubt that's the reason, the real reason is prob instead of going through getting used to a new forum etc.,t ehy just found it as a good time to quit.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:11 AM, rc said:

I want to honor the fallen forum members that didn’t make it thru their forum ban. The harsh reality of this forum...

As far as I know, they didn’t deserve a forum ban. With that said, every time someone gets ban, we lose a voice in the forum. As it is, we lost a lot of people after the transfer from the old forum. This forum is a pale shadow in comparison to the old forum in activity and usability.

F

F

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

On 6/5/2021 at 5:44 AM, SawzAll said:

This topic isn’t the place for toxicity. This topic is about honoring those that got banned. If you don’t like it, then I see no reason why you need to bomb my topic with your negativity.

I respectfully ask you treat other people’s topics with respect instead of adding toxicity. Notice you’re the only one here with a negative attitude.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:11 AM, rc said:

F

When I saw this topic, the memories of the long bans that I've experienced came back to me..

To say the least, those bans were a lot more uncomfortable to sit through than I originally expected, especially the month-long ban that I sat through back on the Tactisoft forums.

Rest in Piece to the fallen ones (who didn't deserve the sudden end to their runs). May their names maintain their meanings on these very forums and live on for as long as these forums continue to live.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

19 hours ago, rc said:

This topic isn’t the place for toxicity. This topic is about honoring those that got banned. If you don’t like it, then I see no reason why you need to bomb my topic with your negativity.

I respectfully ask you treat other people’s topics with respect instead of adding toxicity. Notice you’re the only one here with a negative attitude.

I'm not being toxic or bombing your topic.  People are acting like this is honoring fallen soldiers or something.  I don't see how that's logical.  But do whatever you want.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:44 AM, SawzAll said:

You're the only person stirring something up for no reason. Rc is right, the old forum was much more active. But with activity comes a higher probability for toxicity. People didn't join the new forum for more reasons than just, "stricter control," that's ridiculous. There's hardly any difference, you get warnings, like you did on the old forum. I had an account banned for absolutely zero reason on the old forum, and I know other people that have as well. 

It's partly a joke to take a "moment of silence." Obviously no one is going to do that.

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

Before I begin, I apologize for the replies being clumped together. I intended to address each person individually rather than in one large, ungainly post. It’s one of the shortcomings of this forum. My replies will be in the following order: Whiteout, Turtle, and then SawzAll.

>

On 6/6/2021 at 4:28 PM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

When I saw this topic, the memories of the long bans that I've experienced came back to me..

Ah, I remembered your suspension on the old forum. If I’m not mistaken, it was due to posting a photo on the old forum in regards to a Super Mech’s in-game advertisement of a girl wearing a bikini. You can see that at the beach! Besides, it’s an in-game advertisement! Lol!

When I think about the reason behind your suspension, I question the justification for some punishments. Seriously, a forum suspension for posting an in-game ad of a girl wearing a bikini!

On 6/6/2021 at 4:28 PM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Rest in Piece to the fallen ones (who didn't deserve the sudden end to their runs). May their names maintain their meanings on these very forums and live on for as long as these forums continue to live.

I appreciate your words. Thank you for contributing to this topic in honoring the fallen forum members.

>

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

It's partly a joke to take a "moment of silence." Obviously no one is going to do that.

Hey, Turtle, does that photo mean a “moment of silence”? I thought it means pay respect to the fallen with an “F”. That’s why I chose that photo.

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

I had an account banned for absolutely zero reason on the old forum, and I know other people that have as well

I was thinking that as well. I sympathize with you and the others who were unjustly punished. I appreciate your positive contribution to this topic.

>

10 hours ago, SawzAll said:

People are acting like this is honoring fallen soldiers or something.  I don't see how that's logical.  But do whatever you want.

Lol! You don’t have to take everything literally. The fact you even mentioned fallen soldiers makes me think you’re literally treating this topic as such.

Just because I used a photo with soldiers in it doesn’t mean it’s about soldiers. However, the meaning of the photo hold true with this topic, which is respecting/honoring the fallen forum members. That’s the intent of this topic (respect/honor), not the fallen soldiers!

10 hours ago, SawzAll said:

People are acting like this is honoring fallen soldiers or something.  I don't see how that's logical.  But do whatever you want.

Does life have to make sense?

Edited by rc (see edit history)

1 hour ago, rc said:

Hey, Turtle, does that photo mean a “moment of silence”? I thought it means pay respect to the fallen with an “F”. That’s why I chose that photo.

Haha it does, if you press F you actually just touch the casket lightly I believe, as to pay your respects. 

4 hours ago, Turtle said:

Haha it does, if you press F you actually just touch the casket lightly I believe, as to pay your respects. 

When you mentioned, “touch the casket lightly”, I was curious on the events of that cutscene in the game, so I decided to watch a video on it.

I saw no mention of a “moment of silence”. Instead, as stated, it only shows press F to pay respects, which the characters in the game did.

Sorry, man, you got it wrong. Just watch the video for confirmation.

A solemn and beautiful scene, I couldn’t ask for more when it’s my time for a funeral service.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:38 PM, SawzAll said:

I'm not being toxic or bombing your topic.  People are acting like this is honoring fallen soldiers or something.  I don't see how that's logical.  But do whatever you want.

We don't have to understand some things, we just have to accept them.

On 6/9/2021 at 7:12 AM, PaintedAshwithSnow said:

What actually you expected?.. last few months done a lot of hits on community. And  i'm isnt mean gato or ts.

Apparently he thinks of people who were critical of the regime. It was people who helped a lot with this game, or in some other way tried to point out and uncover certain bad things in the game. It is clear that certain rules are written. But sometimes the problem is that people are wrong about criticism and toxicity. I think Marija is being pushed by people who are close to GATO to give a lifetime ban. I also think that she has to fight hard to defend her autonomy. I also think the owner doesn't have time for this game so there are a few people who take care of everything. But maybe I'm wrong. Just take it as a consideration. Btw. I love Al Pacino, watch an excerpt from the movie.

33 minutes ago, Malthael said:

I think Marija is being pushed by people who are close to GATO to give a lifetime ban

Why not just ask her?

And if the "rules are written" like you claim, how is it Marija's fault when people break them?

With all due respect, if people can't read the rules and follow them, it won't matter who's in charge of bans.

That's like the hackers who blame @Marija for banning them, or whoever else.  My response to those types of people is "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."  (Stupid games = hacking, etc.)  If people break the rules, they have no right to complain when they're enforced.

I have zero sympathy for trolls and hackers.  In the real world's workplaces, people who break the rules often get fired.  This is how life is.  If they can't tolerate that, they might need to get their heads checked.

I know the internet is a place where people often forget they're talking to real people on the other end (unless this is Yahoo chat, in which case 1% of people are actual real people lol).  Social media is quickly becoming the most anti-social way to interact with other human beings.

So for anyone on this "in memory of" list who got banned because they hacked, I say "may their memory rot."

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Why not just ask her?

And if the "rules are written" like you claim, how is it Marija's fault when people break them?

With all due respect, if you can't read the rules and follow them, it won't matter who's in charge of bans.

That's like the hackers who blame @Marija for banning them, or whoever else.  My response to those types of people is "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."  If you break the rules, you have no right to complain when they're enforced.

I have zero sympathy for trolls and hackers.  In the real world's workplaces, if you do stuff like this, you get fired.  This is how life is.  If you can't tolerate that, you might need to get your head checked.

I know the internet is a place where people often forget they're talking to real people on the other end (unless this is Yahoo chat, in which case 1% of people are actual real people lol).  Social media is quickly becoming the most anti-social way to interact with other human beings.

So now I don't know if I wrote it grammatically incorrect or it was written in Chinese Mandarin, but where do I blame Maria? I am just praising her for not being forced to force snitchers and people who are relational and demanding people like Grosbos, Nefertary, etc (let's be honest) a lifetime ban. Only thanks to Maria are they banned only for a certain period of time.

I have zero sympathy for trolls and hackers.  In the real world's workplaces, if you do stuff like this, you get fired.  This is how life is.  If you can't tolerate that, you might need to get your head checked.

You convicted himself. If you were in Maria's place, you would give them a lifetime ban. Thank God you're not in her place.

Don't take everything as an attack on the game, on Alex, and don't put yourself in a position where you have to comment on everything and solve everything. I basically love you, but you can't wait for everyone to nod at you. Try to think about whether you are always right in everything. After all, your view of things is as subjective as mine. It is neither better nor worse. Learn to live with it. It will be easier for you to live.

Edited by Malthael (see edit history)

2 hours ago, SawzAll said:

So for anyone on this "in memory of" list who got banned because they hacked

You could be banned on the old forum for little to no reason. You wanna explain to me what "!" means for a permanent forum ban? I'm assuming you should know.

This topic originally had nothing to do with hackers. You're the one who brought up cheaters

Edited by Turtle (see edit history)