F2P "META" Request Thread

SawzAll

Ok, so I was thinking today, because it's a snow day here and I'm bored....

But it got me thinking and I remembered what it was like to be a brand new player.

I love the META but let's be honest: for many, especially F2P, it's probably out of their reach.

Thus, my request to this community is that we create this "F2P META" thread.  Basically, I'd like players with at least arena rank 10 to submit builds they know are good (and have tested in WU) that do not contain any premium items.

I know that WU gives you divine items, and that's fine, but just try to do your best, and please turn off arena buffs.

Basically, let's suggest some good configurations for newbies and F2P.

Please reply with good solid recommendations for newbies and F2P to use.

Please remember, absolutely no premium items.  But I realize that the teleport and grappling hook in WU are only the premium models, so those are ok for the purpose of just showing that the reader needs to include the non-premium versions of those items.

I'll start off.  If you don't like my options, reply and give me better mechs and I'll swap out the photos, or add them.  Again, if a newbie will find it helpful, it's helpful.

image.thumb.png.284a7d08df0c69e72a8de622745d1dcc.png

F2P Boiler.  I only included Flaming Hammer because it's useful in campaigns.  For the arena, substitute a teleporter and basalt dissolver for the hammer if you want, but I like being able to knock people into range 4 for savagery.

image.thumb.png.fdd41f5e641f72dfb3be63844b11e2d8.png

F2P Energy Drainer.  One can substitute Viking Hammer for EMP for campaigns.

image.thumb.png.e1422b74e8f6a84fa35c3fbbfd9e4e18.png

F2P Physical.  I prefer Reckless Beam (unlimited shots, longer range and less randomness) to Frantic Brute, but you can substitute Frantic Brute.  Also, if you prefer, you can substitute Rock Recoiler for War Hammer if you prefer hammers for the campaigns, like I do.  I prefer Annihilation in case you get energy drained.  Other possibilities include a push and pull mech for taking advantage of the resistance breaking pads in the arena:

image.thumb.png.eaf258e1f5acdba721c205dbb696bc18.png

But obviously I left out Annihilation, which would mean this mech is mostly useless if energy drained.  So another possible build:

image.thumb.png.72ed5baf6f42d0f9bd4610ce972a8d10.png

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

A cheap F2W drainer build with a custom twist added on top. It has nothing but F2W items (no premiums). It's also easy to divine as the majority of the items are R-M, so it'll be cheap and simple to max myth and divine them.

What are your opinions on this build?

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 4.00.36 PM.png

Build Update: I changed the build to a more E-M perspective.1620733504_Screenshot2021-02-10at4_14_49PM.thumb.png.fb9a5200b7aa2f8ee37f959e1c1877cb.png

Yet another update...1728039527_Screenshot2021-02-10at4_17_54PM.thumb.png.b3d07348aec578401c5ebb73b11948ab.png

Final Update: I tested it against a Hugger build to see how well it worked... It actually works pretty well as long as you play it cool.625044203_Screenshot2021-02-10at4_22_50PM.thumb.png.07db74aeafe11107ac95059d6d886535.png

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

17 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Ok, so I was thinking today, because it's a snow day here and I'm bored....

But it got me thinking and I remembered what it was like to be a brand new player.

I love the META but let's be honest: for many, especially F2P, it's probably out of their reach.

Thus, my request to this community is that we create this "F2P META" thread.  Basically, I'd like players with at least arena rank 10 to submit builds they know are good (and have tested in WU) that do not contain any premium items.

I know that WU gives you divine items, and that's fine, but just try to do your best, and please turn off arena buffs.

Basically, let's suggest some good configurations for newbies and F2P.

Please reply with good solid recommendations for newbies and F2P to use.

Please remember, absolutely no premium items.  But I realize that the teleport and grappling hook in WU are only the premium models, so those are ok for the purpose of just showing that the reader needs to include the non-premium versions of those items.

I'll start off.  If you don't like my options, reply and give me better mechs and I'll swap out the photos, or add them.  Again, if a newbie will find it helpful, it's helpful.

image.thumb.png.284a7d08df0c69e72a8de622745d1dcc.png

F2P Boiler.  I only included Flaming Hammer because it's useful in campaigns.  For the arena, substitute a teleporter and basalt dissolver for the hammer if you want, but I like being able to knock people into range 4 for savagery.

image.thumb.png.fdd41f5e641f72dfb3be63844b11e2d8.png

F2P Energy Drainer.  One can substitute Viking Hammer for EMP for campaigns.

image.thumb.png.e1422b74e8f6a84fa35c3fbbfd9e4e18.png

F2P Physical.  I prefer Reckless Beam (unlimited shots, longer range and less randomness) to Frantic Brute, but you can substitute Frantic Brute.  Also, if you prefer, you can substitute Rock Recoiler for War Hammer if you prefer hammers for the campaigns, like I do.  I prefer Annihilation in case you get energy drained.  Other possibilities include a push and pull mech for taking advantage of the resistance breaking pads in the arena:

image.thumb.png.eaf258e1f5acdba721c205dbb696bc18.png

But obviously I left out Annihilation, which would mean this mech is mostly useless if energy drained.  So another possible build:

image.thumb.png.72ed5baf6f42d0f9bd4610ce972a8d10.png

Honestly, the module choice is rather bad. You should use on CSU, and 2 energy engines, and one heat engine, with 2 cooling boosters, if you prefer two engines and 1 booster works as well.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

10 hours ago, WarrMachine said:

F2P Phys is definitely the strongest of the 3, but I think this is viable. Maxed with maxed arena stats, this should be a free pass to rank 5. 

spacer.png

I used something similar with cracked plasma cannon, everything else was the same and I must say it worked pretty well. Got its back blown out by some physicals occasionally.

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

1 hour ago, Ad1tya said:

I run the premium version of this build (with monke, backstabbing guardian, plat plates, L-M res and stuff) but this would definitely be a really good build at rank 10
100% recommended 💯

uguy.PNG

What's the point of the eng engine doe?

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

True, am used to seeing it with magma. But normally you don't need the eng booster since monke and windigo have enough eng to fire them against both phys and heat. AN energy mech will break you anyways so it's kinda pointless imo

Just now, Tirreggregars said:

True, am used to seeing it with magma. But normally you don't need the eng booster since monke and windigo have enough eng to fire them against both phys and heat. AN energy mech will break you anyways so it's kinda pointless imo

Ehh no, I run it with magma, And thats enough to kill the opponent if I get drained coz magma+deso+guardian is ez 1k

but I still run an en module...it will come in handy..