Item limit  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Item Limit be changed?

• Yes - and the suggestion made make sense to me
    • Yes - but I have a different suggestion that I've written as a comment
    • No - I enjoy having an item limit

• Administrators

Hello fellow mech pilots!

As you all know the grind can be a lot in the game and therefore I would like to a range of topics over the next few weeks to create suggestions to improve this. Please keep in mind these suggestions are only my own opinion and not that of Gato Games. Of course if you also have suggestions please feel free to make them below but please keep on topic! Each of these threads will be dedicated to a certain area to ensure the discussion is focussed on a key area. If your point is not to do with the key area then feel free to make your own thread!

Item Limit

The item limit was added as we moved to reloaded and hit a lot of players hard. It has never been liked and has even ruined some accounts due to having tens of thousands of items. 
Now that we have gotten used to the item limit it does have some large negatives:

• In a game that certain items are hard to find it forces you to chuck away the ones you do have. 
  • To boost up items you have to do multiple iterations of buying - boosting - even when you have the money to do so.
  • You can only buy 5 slots at a time and the cost increases every time. 
  • Forces pilots to hoard boxes unable to open them due to a full inventory and may not have the time/money to boost. 

But it also has some positives:

• Loading your inventory takes less time.
  • New players are forced to learn about boosting.

Overall I feel the item limit is just too restrictive when it doesn't need to be. I also expect the server work from a few extra item slots would not be a massive impact to the game. Therefore I would like to recommend the following changes to reduce this impact:

• Change inventory increase size from 5 to 25 in terms of slot size.
  • Change inventory cost from to be half the current cost per 5 slots. 
  • Add an inventory limit of X spaces (suggested 1000). Anyone that reaches above this due to the above changes would get premium boxes equating to the amount of reds you would be owed. 
  • Give players an extra 50 slots per 50 levels. (50, 100, 150, 200, 250) 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Burn Baby Burn said:

maybe we could get portal with inventory space prize?

Sounds like a good idea up front but penalises anyone that can't play that day or is a new player that starts the day after. Much better a system that would benefit all forever more. 

9 hours ago, SawzAll said:

It sounds like a good idea but I can't really decide.

Could you expand on this? What exactly are you trying to weigh up and are finding difficult to make a choice on? Interested to hear your thoughts considering everyone else has liked the proposal. 

10 hours ago, Atusiff said:

With only 245 slots at level 250, I think a little more would be a nice addition.

I didn't even realise it was as low as 245... this change would mean all those players are now at 445 and could buy some extra slots at a reasonable cost 🙂

6 minutes ago, Elcent said:

Could you expand on this? What exactly are you trying to weigh up and are finding difficult to make a choice on? Interested to hear your thoughts considering everyone else has liked the proposal. 

I think mainly because I don't understand.

But from what I do understand, I can't project the ramifications in my mind.  I can't imagine the changes it would make to the game.  So I'm also unsure.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

14 hours ago, Elcent said:

I didn't even realise it was as low as 245... this change would mean all those players are now at 445 and could buy some extra slots at a reasonable cost 🙂

That's what I have at least. I've only bought one or two inventory increases so I think most other players my level have more.

follow me.

Though I only have problems with inventory space when saving up gold for divining an item on my main account, I can't say the same for a legacy account that I co-pilot.

The legacy account in question has around 250 items and is only level 35 but has an inventory limit of 210, so it can't receive any reloaded items apart from the Nightmare torso that it currently has. To say that it's a problem is a serious understatement because a God Mode build can't get halfway through Frozen Abyss without dying since most of the legacy weapons on the account (i.e Lava Spray, Sparks, Needle Blaster) can't deal enough damage to defeat physical enemies.

So, I agree that the inventory space should receive a buff, especially since I saw how difficult it is to get items when you got a mass of legacy items that you can't and don't want to get rid of.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

23 hours ago, Getsu6057 said:

i like having an inventory limit but i would like to be able to upgrade it with gold

That's a great idea i think

On 1/30/2021 at 6:47 AM, Elcent said:

Overall I feel the item limit is just too restrictive when it doesn't need to be. I also expect the server work from a few extra item slots would not be a massive impact to the game. Therefore I would like to recommend the following changes to reduce this impact:

• Change inventory increase size from 5 to 25 in terms of slot size.
  • Change inventory cost from to be half the current cost per 5 slots.

This is way too big, i agree with what you said but they shouldn't change that much. i would change increase size to 10 or 15, with the same cost. 

• Add an inventory limit of X spaces (suggested 1000). Anyone that reaches above this due to the above changes would get premium boxes equating to the amount of reds you would be owed. 

I don't understand what is your third point though. What are the reds?

This would be a problem to calculate what is the cost of your next upgrade with this idea though. if you bought one upgrade of 5 slots and then it switches to 10 slots, what will be the cost of the next upgrade? this could make inventory cost inequalities between players. 

Edited by LittleFox (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree having an inventory limit is good, it loads faster and reduces server storage strain.

But the restrictions are too small for higher level players, where it starts is fine but the increases for level ups are too small and far between. the amount of increase for buying more is too small and/or too expensive.

(Also paint/color kits should stack in one slot like Divine relics do, that would save space.)

5 for 25 is just the start, it gets more and more expensive... I spend tons of time and fodder merging purples into legendary fodder which I may never use just to have enough breathing room to try and level up my actual crap. I've been pretty disciplined about not feeding away purples as leveling fodder, but it's becoming a painful discipline.

The OPs suggestions work, assuming appropriate refunds and retroactive applications of upgrades are given/handled.

fuuu.png

Another idea to help free up inventory would be to add other ways to spend your inventory, maybe simply for tokens...

Something like:

(not sure if these numbers are fair/good, just demonstrating the idea...)

Legendary (upgraded) = 60 tokens
Legendary (default/premium) = 200 tokens

Edited by Chicken Dinx (see edit history)

I think it is a good point. I had mention the same thing in the previous forum more than once.

This is my max out current inventory image.png.c98c3a21bc284c019a9fe80d29599d55.png

This will be my next cost to get another 5 slots 

image.png.16d504483320840d6af406fdd8e078a1.png

My acc it is a L250 acc image.png.0c3719521b67e7d74e3b208aba8ac9ce.png  completed just in months farming hard.

My focus from start the game 10/19 was to go for fuel increase and fuel regen and increase inventory space to progress in the game regardless low power to advance in the free way using campaign tokens for it. 

The key to move fast was 24/7 grinding and I am close enough till today doing the same and adding space. I do have over 300 myth-legend and the rest are epics saved to make future parts out of them and others to make legends to meat them making myth parts. 

Eating parts because lack of space it wasn't  and it is not that appealing so I keep adding space for control and not to dump parts that might take time to get them back because the game sometimes give a lot and then stops and no more of same part and having reserves of them it is crucial in my case as fast myth and legend maker. 

Right now if I want o add more space it is very costly. 

For a sustainable company income it does makes sense since it is a business and need to force the players to spend tokens fast so can spend more money to get more buying because people wants to advance fast if is possible. For free to play to get enough space and to progress will have to eat the few tokens saved for long or lose a possible offer that can use those tokens for it. 

Even the game provide space till reach L250 it is very low with some 10 slots and others at 5 slots but it is very limited and buying at lower moment it is not that costly and can be managed but still cost too much for free player on tokens even it is not much the first 25 adds by tokens. 

Sure the game need to give more slots passing level and cost to buy need to go down to make it more attractive for those paying.  Not having space normally eat too much good parts that might need later or for different test for possibilities making mechs.

Even 1000 of room if you check Clever what had to do with his account it does tell you that space it is in need for a long term player dedicated in full. He had to eat divined parts tons of them to have more room. 

We need space and price to be cut down for sure but people need to understand that the owner need to make some money too. 

Some good ideas already mentioned can be put in place in a way that GATO can profit in some way and we can get the room less costly.

Well put Elcent

How did I miss this. This one comes up a lot. I even posted so many in the old forum. There should be a ARENA SHOP Buy for the item slot. Like an extra 10 for every buy slots. Then price rises after each buy.  High prices would be awesome also.

lvl 1 = 2

lvl 2 = 4

lvl 3 = 8

lvl 11= 2048

Make that 110 after finish. Get some extra slots.

Then in the titan shop, you also can buy slots for 10 for 1000

There is also more cons on limitation. Unlike Clever who upgrades using maxed items and rare legendary, other players like to save unused items, that have been Maxed out and rare legendary items that have not been maxed.  That ads up little by little.  You are basically forced to buy inventory slots with tokens, when you have items you don't want to get rid of.

Edited by JamAnime (see edit history)

• 1 month later...