should we bring back shields?

Tylon Taylor

should we bring shields back?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. should we bring shields back?

• yes
    • no

Pretty much what the guy above said. 

Shields were taken out of the arena for a reason. 

And hey, they aren't gone anyways you can still use them in the campaign and that should be good enough.

Unless you just want them to add it back as an actual new item. (then it begs the question of what happens to the og sheild THATS STILL USABLE)

hmm, oh I don't know, physical mechs are so op, they aren't dominating the arena rn, let's get something to "turn the tables" a bit for energy and heat mechs, no no phys mechs suck rn shields would put them on par with the other types

#HowAboutNo

I polish rocks

2 hours ago, ChooseGeno said:

hmm, oh I don't know, physical mechs are so op, they aren't dominating the arena rn, let's get something to "turn the tables" a bit for energy and heat mechs, no no phys mechs suck rn shields would put them on par with the other types

#HowAboutNo

I completely agree.  Shields would be for everyone, and only compound the problem.

And with all due respect, shields from the old mech flash game were worthless anyways.  I could beat it on insane without shields.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

And with all due respect, shields from the old mech flash game were worthless anyways.  I could beat it on insane without shields.

What shields are you talking about? Something tells me that you aren't referring to the same shield everyone's discussing about

4 minutes ago, Typhon4273 said:

What shields are you talking about? Something tells me that you aren't referring to the same shield everyone's discussing about

The old mech game:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/449591

I am suspicious that there's some sort of connection between SM and that old game.  But if I'm wrong please tell me.

As for SM, I was referring to shields in SM.  The other game was a side comment.

Los escudos viejos que consumen energía o calor serían totalmente absurdos después de recargarlos. El daño de arma ahora te dejaría sin energy o calor en la segunda ronda. Creo que es por eso que los escudos no se volvieron a emitir.

Pero, podría ser un escudo con otro costo que el de energía o calor, pero ¿qué sentido tiene si ya hay módulos de resistencia?

Edited by Nefertary Meriten-Mut (see edit history)

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

Hmm...

I think I recall the old shields reduced incoming damage but added heat or drained energy based on what kind you had. I didn't like that and never used them. I think if remade a similar way they could work. Moderate damage reduction with the the blocked damage converting added heat or drained energy, there is a cap on how much damage it can block, and it only blocks damage directed towards your health, not heat damage or energy drain. 

This could help out energy and heat players if enough phys used shields. Since physical is so strong, many palyers would likely use these shields, making it easier for heat players to overheat opponents and energy mechs to drain them. However, if the balance changes Gato Games plan on implementing make everything viable, then it doesn't really matter.

51 minutes ago, RaptorKing15 said:

I have a great idea. Heat and Electric can only use shields.

First, still doesn't seem like a good idea for me.

Second, I don't think there's any way to control for that.  How does the game logic work for this?  Just the torso?  Or the entire mech?  Or a certain # items?

I don’t know, man. That’s how long it takes me to do 3v3. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, I play to the bitter end than instant quit. ⚔️

29 minutes ago, Shoultz262 said:

Damn, that's a lot longer than what I take, which is like half an hour at the most.

For 2v2, I take about 30 min. 🤷‍♂️

• 1 year later...