Quick Question

What exactly has changed since gato took over from TS?

same old overpriced token packages

same old crappy drop rates

same old gap between the have-its and have-nots with no legit free method to progress past a certain barrier

as far as I can tell, the only difference is the name of the company showing up on spender’s bank statements.

am I wrong?

The change are a lot, specially the new forum and special offers really payoff.

And yes the offers are overpriced, same as always🤭.

But I still can't find difference other of it, or maybe other of it remain the same.

What the point?

21 minutes ago, Energy Reaper said:

The change are a lot, specially the new forum and special offers really payoff.

And yes the offers are overpriced, same as always🤭.

But I still can't find difference other of it, or maybe other of it remain the same.

the offers are the same as before lmao. new forum is kinda.. I mean even if it was a significant improvement on the last forum, its not going to make a diffence to the huge problems in game which have existed for years now.

the balance changes were nice, in fairness. BUT the major issues with the way TS handled the game have still not been adressed. and as far as I can tell... they're not going to be. I mean feel free Gato team, if you're reading this, enlighten me with your vision for change and I'd love to hear it. but the team went silent after about a month? same communication issues as with TS.

I really hope the big vision with which they aquired supermechs was not simply to slap a couple of balance changes onto the sinking ship and ride the "new management" hype-wave as far as it would take them just to squeeze an extra couple of years out of it. However, I haven't really been given much, if any, reason to believe otherwise.

idk, man. I warned people to measure their expectations foir the Gato revolution... and yet I still find myself disapointed none the less.

M

3 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

I really hope the big vision with which they aquired supermechs was not simply to slap a couple of balance changes onto the sinking ship and ride the "new management" hype-wave as far as it would take them just to squeeze an extra couple of years out of it. However, I haven't really been given much, if any, reason to believe otherwise.

idk, man. I warned people to measure their expectations foir the Gato revolution... and yet I still find myself disapointed none the less.

M

Yup. Same glitchy servers, same offers and weekly "events."

New boss, same as the old boss.

we got some balance updates, alex said more are coming , they dealt with hackers/glitchers, pretty sure we had a relic portal and the last 2 offers they made have been pretty great. Also i heard somewhere that they are gona make item offers only have meta items? not sure how true that last one is but if it is i think it's pretty cool.

gato has been working hard, they are looking for more people to hire as they dont have enough rn. Alex has said he's working on a way for people to disable base on their own. Gato is fixing the mistakes that TS left behind. you might not notice much going on but Alex is helping people move from kong to sm. So to be fair gato has done a lot. Banning players (TS left behind), fixing bugs like raid and multi tabbing which they are still working on(TS left behind), Moving players from kong to SM, making a new forum, making a new discord server, making better events like the 250 tokens one, and i even heard they are trying to release meta item offers like the swoop offer. So lets be fair Gato has done a lot and fixed a lot of things TS left behind 

i forgot to mention they are also trying to learn and fix the drop rates 

Edited by firewater789 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, firewater789 said:

gato has been working hard, they are looking for more people to hire as they dont have enough rn. Alex has said he's working on a way for people to disable base on their own. Gato is fixing the mistakes that TS left behind. you might not notice much going on but Alex is helping people move from kong to sm. So to be fair gato has done a lot. Banning players (TS left behind), fixing bugs like raid and multi tabbing which they are still working on(TS left behind), Moving players from kong to SM, making a new forum, making a new discord server, making better events like the 250 tokens one, and i even heard they are trying to release meta item offers like the swoop offer. So lets be fair Gato has done a lot and fixed a lot of things TS left behind 

Preach.  I get sick of the same old haters with "omg Gato isn't doing anything."  Bull.

Did Tactisoft create a Discord server to talk to us directly?  Heck no.

Gato Games has taken over.  If you're only saying the same negative things about Gato Games as you did about TactiSoft, you are living in a dream world, Neo.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 3/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, firewater789 said:

Well, I certainly hope we shall start seeing the fruits of their labour then.

I like Alex (even though we have a love-hate relationship at times (*mwah*)) so I believe he wants to do what's right - I just hope that the team will not become overwhelmed by the task at hand. I hadnt considered the workload of kong and base disabling, you're right, credit is due there.

hopefully once thats all sorted we can get to adressing the serious issues still left behind.

save us senpai, Alex.

you're our only hope O7

In general, progress is slow, and I understand that they have a lot of big tasks at hand but making better events more than once a week would also be possible, and whilst I'm grateful for what they've done, making better events, unless I'm very mistaken, takes 3 minutes so it would be very possible. Also, the balance update was decent at best, it just made swoop op, and vests op, both l-ms and they only affect a small part of the player base

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

• 6 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, SawzAll said:

Preach.  I get sick of the same old haters with "omg Gato isn't doing anything."  Bull.

Did Tactisoft create a Discord server to talk to us directly?  Heck no.

Gato Games has taken over.  If you're only saying the same negative things about Gato Games as you did about TactiSoft, you are living in a dream world, Neo.

talk to us directly and make a discord server? Are you kidding me even if you tell them your converns they don't give two pieces about you

On 10/3/2021 at 5:48 PM, The Lurking Legend said:

talk to us directly and make a discord server? Are you kidding me even if you tell them your converns they don't give two pieces about you

Alexander cares to fix things.  He's not perfect but he's better than TactiSoft.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

looking at these comments from months ago, i can say the golden days after transition are long gone.

alex spawned item portals for us to sell us on the idea that noticeable change was coming. oh yeah, "change" did occur, but not for the better.

the meta is still as stale as ever. there are 20x more prems to get to even have a shot at the top spot. with the absence of an emergency nerf towards TS' releases of the 'final frontier' of modules (protectors, duals), the progression strat has devolved back to the old "roll or remake" cycle. thats the same one that prompted reloaded to happen. EXCEPT remaking isnt easy, so nobody is incentivized to stay unless they roll luckily from the first few packs.

alex's ideology of "never nerf" has failed the game yet again. reloaded-squared is coming, and cousin_joe will be held correct to his prediction of "oooooOoooooOOOooey bigger-er-er number."

p.s. alex is quick about banning cheaters, so at least ill give him credit for that. idk if he really is making backend improvements though, despite the lip service.

• Administrators

Riiight, this topic is rather old at this point and I see no point reviving it considering it’s been well-answered and ran its course months ago. Just going to be a pointless discussion independent of the question from here on out….

Believe as you will, like the game and play, or don’t like the game and don’t play. We’ll do what we do and won’t what we don’t. 

We think we came a long way but, only you can judge that individually. 

However, one minor clarification seems to be needed once again: We do not see a need for another reloaded and don’t plan one. There’s a few important modules to high ranks, but we stick them in deals a lot so they’re not inaccessible. Anyone can get those deals, even as F2P, with a bit of patience. The idea that we’ll invalidate everyone’s hard work just to lower some numbers is silly. Balance is in our view way better than it was before and we will build on that if needed. Please don’t spread fake expectations. 

Edit: Sort of sad nobody seems to have noticed the game rarely ever goes down anymore 😞