Favorite food of Alex?

Ass salt annihilator

Question

19 answers to this question

• Administrators

Some interesting responses, others a bit harsh .... xD

To answer the question, it's a toss up between 3 things:

Carbonara pasta (pasta alla carbonara) ~ La ragazza col mattarello

A proper spaghetti carbonara with guanciale and absolutely no cream is delicious, rich, flavorful and creamy. The rich egg, fat and cheese would grow boring, but the delicious salty guanciale keeps it exciting at all times - which is why you must cut it into bigger chunks than on this picture, and not too many of them. The guanciale serves to keep your pallette awake, not to flavor the entire meal. 

For the vegetarians in this thread, you can probably replace the fat by another type and the guanciale by practically anything else salty. Nuts might honestly work so long as cooked fairly softly. I've made nut-based pasta's before and they work well. For vegans, you're fresh out of options - no egg is no dice.

The Most Amazing LasagnaA proper lasagna bolognese is delicious, sweet and savory with cheesy goodness to boot! 

It's one of those dishes you eat so often of poor quality, you think it has a certain homely, reliable flavor but isn't very special. Until you have a proper one in italy that is and you discover it is an assortment of delicious flavors that differs a bit with every bite as the center is cooked slightly differently from the rest of the lasagna. 

Now, when I make it at home, I lack some italian ingredients. A killer tomato paste is hard to find at home, so is great quality pasta (unless you have space for your own machine, which I do not :(). In fact, even the tomato's used to make a killer tomato paste/bolognese are practically impossible to find here, but you can find a canned one that is extremely good if you live in the USA. I heard nothing but positive things about San Marzano tomatoes in a can, but we don't have those here.

So my trick at home is to use a little bit of sambal, which slightly drowns out the poor quality tomatoes and offers a sweet yet spicy twist to it that works well with lower quality ingredients!

Bucatini Pomodoro - Cheftini

A quality buccatini pomodore is a bit of a national treasure, a very sweet dish with some salty goodness from the grated cheese. The thicker pasta really helps provide a nice bite!

In Pienza, at probably my favorite restaurant ever, they had a local special. A pici (similar to buccatini) with garlic foam, tomato sauce. It was divine and honestly made me beg my companions to try it themselves - best meal I had in my life. I am yet to successfully recreate it but once I've some time and space for a pasta machine, I will. 

Now as you may have noticed, I quite like my italian pasta's. I am a somewhat picky eater and I find pasta is provides what I need in addition to being quite delicious. I imagine though some of you may be disappointed to not find any dutch food in here, so I will offer my favorite dutch meal and probably the only one genuinely I love.Lekker eten met Marlon: Stamppot boerenkool met roomkaas

Farmer's Kale with sausage and gravy is a a dutch speciality, though I usually choose to eat it without the gravy as its a bit much for me.

It's extremely savory/umami and when piping hot will make you feel fulfilled in ways that are hard to imagine. 

If cooked properly, the mashed potatoes and kale mesh into one soft substance. You don't taste any fibers from the leaves or tomato - there's no unpleasant texture - it's basically just mashed potato texture. It's extremely healthy and easy to make. 

Hope that answers it for everyone!

i personally think that he would probably have some eggs on toast(maybe with ham or sausage), some coffee, work for a while, have more cofee, skip lunch, come home and have some food, wait a few hours(probably working at home) and then eat dinner, attempt to relax, fall asleep, and repeat the schedule. i personally think that alex lives in a house, not an apartment.

One Mech to rule them all

19 minutes ago, Alexander said:

A proper spaghetti carbonara with guanciale and absolutely no cream is delicious, rich, flavorful and creamy. The rich egg, fat and cheese would grow boring, but the delicious salty guanciale keeps it exciting at all times - which is why you must cut it into bigger chunks than on this picture, and not too many of them. The guanciale serves to keep your pallette awake, not to flavor the entire meal. 

For the vegetarians in this thread, you can probably replace the fat by another type and the guanciale by practically anything else salty. Nuts might honestly work so long as cooked fairly softly. I've made nut-based pasta's before and they work well. For vegans, you're fresh out of options - no egg is no dice.

The Most Amazing LasagnaA proper lasagna bolognese is delicious, sweet and savory with cheesy goodness to boot! 

It's one of those dishes you eat so often of poor quality, you think it has a certain homely, reliable flavor but isn't very special. Until you have a proper one in italy that is and you discover it is an assortment of delicious flavors that differs a bit with every bite as the center is cooked slightly differently from the rest of the lasagna. 

Now, when I make it at home, I lack some italian ingredients. A killer tomato paste is hard to find at home, so is great quality pasta (unless you have space for your own machine, which I do not :(). In fact, even the tomato's used to make a killer tomato paste/bolognese are practically impossible to find here, but you can find a canned one that is extremely good if you live in the USA. I heard nothing but positive things about San Marzano tomatoes in a can, but we don't have those here.

So my trick at home is to use a little bit of sambal, which slightly drowns out the poor quality tomatoes and offers a sweet yet spicy twist to it that works well with lower quality ingredients!

A quality buccatini pomodore is a bit of a national treasure, a very sweet dish with some salty goodness from the grated cheese. The thicker pasta really helps provide a nice bite!

In Pienza, at probably my favorite restaurant ever, they had a local special. A pici (similar to buccatini) with garlic foam, tomato sauce. It was divine and honestly made me beg my companions to try it themselves - best meal I had in my life. I am yet to successfully recreate it but once I've some time and space for a pasta machine, I will. 

Now as you may have noticed, I quite like my italian pasta's. I am a somewhat picky eater and I find pasta is provides what I need in addition to being quite delicious. I imagine though some of you may be disappointed to not find any dutch food in here, so I will offer my favorite dutch meal and probably the only one genuinely I love.Lekker eten met Marlon: Stamppot boerenkool met roomkaas

Farmer's Kale with sausage and gravy is a a dutch speciality, though I usually choose to eat it without the gravy as its a bit much for me.

It's extremely savory/umami and when piping hot will make you feel fulfilled in ways that are hard to imagine. 

If cooked properly, the mashed potatoes and kale mesh into one soft substance. You don't taste any fibers from the leaves or tomato - there's no unpleasant texture - it's basically just mashed potato texture. It's extremely healthy and easy to make. 

haha, funny also my favorite food is coca cola zero, chips lays and sasuage and mushroom soup aaand a minced meat 🙂

also your funny favorite food is tokens

Edited by Michal_Gorski2022 (see edit history)

We would have to do an off-topic topic about food and recipes. I don't eat meat, but I like good food and I´ve some recipes of my own.

Here it isn´t difficult to find Italian food, half of our population is descended from Italians, so pasta, sauces and pizza in all its varieties is very common. In addition, our climate is very similar to the Mediterranean climate, so the ingredients are grown very easily.

Personally, I adore Catalan food, very well seasoned. The more fire the better.

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

2 hours ago, Alexander said:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who was very strict with his tastes, I love that I feel a very specific flavor in something, (literally so much that I learn to cook thanks to my mother), in case I fail in what I like it, I am dedicated to being a chef or critic of other chefs' flavors, my palate is masterful!!!

Electrick010®