Rank 2 without L-M resistance modules?

Fordekash

Hey does anyone regularly hit rank 2 in the arena without the L-M resistance modules (Ultrahot, supercharge and mighty)? I was around day one of the reboot and still have not received any of these L-M resistance modules. I have formed the opinion that I'll be stuck in Rank 3 until I get them. Do you top rankers agree or am I just making excuses for myself?

would be nice if i would trade five of the eight rolling beast i have for one resistance module.. or five or the eight deleriums 🙂  

It's possible but it's extremely difficult if you think you can get there without premiums in general.

You can thank the Combined Storage Unit for being E-M and the Combined Engine Unit (and friends) for being L-M-ly powerful.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

I did get the max protector earlier this year when it was on sell. I used it a few times on energy free but find the monkey toros works better with zero resistance.

I also agree with the other comment about a lot of platinum plates. If I had like 9-10 I think I could make something work for 3v3 but I only have three

Nevermind, you can in fact reach rank 2 without premium resistance modules, but only as a energy mech since both meta heat and physical mechs need resistances. My energy build was able to get rank 2 this season, without using resistances or platings.

This might not be possible though unless you can make a very good energy mech.