Is Smurfing Wrong?

SawzAll

Is Smurfing (which is intentional, not accidental) Wrong?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is Smurfing (which is intentional, not accidental) Wrong?

• Always
    • Almost always
    • Sometimes
    • Maybe
    • Usually not
    • Never

Smurfing is intentionally losing in the arena to drop ranks so you can destroy and mess with newbies.  Smurfing is intentional.

Now that we've gotten the definition out of the way, is smurfing wrong?  Yes or no?

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

hmm, i'd say in perspective of the newbies being messed with... its seems pretty evil....

I mean, it can go both ways.... either for personal entertainment.... or cause others to potentially fall into depression and quit the game. Depends on what you value. 

Personally, i never felt evil when i dropped my rank for certain purposes (i have my reasons, like getting more straight wins... ), but i do hate those peeps who use rank 1-3 metabuilds in rank 10 arena and totally destroy me in like 3 turns. 

Tbh, its kinda hard for me to say whether its strictly right or wrong, i'd say maybe slightly wrong since you'll be valuing yourself over others around you.  

Edited by Aftokrator_SM (see edit history)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

7 minutes ago, Aftokrator_SM said:

hmm, i'd say in perspective of the newbies being messed with... its seems pretty evil....

I mean, it can go both ways.... either for personal entertainment.... or cause others to potentially fall into depression and quit the game. Depends on what you value. 

Personally, i never felt evil when i dropped my rank for certain purposes (i have my reasons, like getting more straight wins... ), but i do hate those peeps who use rank 1-3 metabuilds in rank 10 arena and totally destroy me in like 3 turns. 

Tbh, its kinda hard for me to say whether its strictly right or wrong, i'd say maybe slightly wrong since you'll be valuing yourself over others around you.  

sir you need to value urself over others to win matches in general

smurfing is always wrong.... dealing with people that have r5 or better builds in r10 arena... it messes me up bro... i mean, who wants to deal with a person who has three max mythed mechs that have well over 2.5k hp and over 500 heat, 250 cooling, 600 energy, and 300 regen on each mech?

One Mech to rule them all

56 minutes ago, MasterChief said:

smurfing is always wrong.... dealing with people that have r5 or better builds in r10 arena... it messes me up bro... i mean, who wants to deal with a person who has three max mythed mechs that have well over 2.5k hp and over 500 heat, 250 cooling, 600 energy, and 300 regen on each mech?

Lol  sawz all has three mythed mechs

5 minutes ago, Aftokrator_SM said:

i mean, i tryed that before, i remember losing at least 10 times on purpose at rank 20, but i never dropped any ranks...

maybe its just that he had a rank 10 mech, but never bothered to do arena

Is clan smurfing wrong cause im rank rank 10 but i stay in clan of rank 18 so i can get better loot and easier clan war battles but at the same time i help my clan alot :))

:)))

2 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Smurfing is intentionally losing in the arena to drop ranks so you can destroy and mess with newbies.  Smurfing is intentional.

Now that we've gotten the definition out of the way, is smurfing wrong?  Yes or no?

Read my last post and decidefor yourself :)))

Sawz is r7 when I met him, I assume he, like most of us, has gone to r5, once the regular r5/3 have left lower ranks to get the better reward, they stay there till the last days cuz they don't like 3v3.

Idk how he has 3 max myth mechs! I don't even have 1, or any myth modules.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

I'd say "almost always" wrong.  Only reason I could see for doing it, other than sheer tossbanditry, would be to get the 10 straight wins achievement by dropping so low that you're nailed on for 10 in a row (unless you hit a fellow smurfer).  I still haven't managed the 10 in a row, so I haven't done it, but I think I'd say that was forgivable, since it's not something you'd do more than once.

while i happen to have 2 full max mythed mechs,(mods not included) nothing gets on my nerves more than seeing a dude with 3 max myth mechs, one of each type, and then he uses the energy and the phys mech, because my main is weak to energy, and my second to phys because i just cant seem to overheat people quick enough

One Mech to rule them all