Is Smurfing Wrong?

SawzAll

Is Smurfing (which is intentional, not accidental) Wrong?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is Smurfing (which is intentional, not accidental) Wrong?

• Always
    • Almost always
    • Sometimes
    • Maybe
    • Usually not
    • Never

16 hours ago, Pink555 said:

Lol  sawz all has three mythed mechs

LOL no I don't.  I have mechs that are somewhere between level 1 myth and level 50 myth.  I think the only fully myth items I have right now, other than torsos and legs, are my Distance Shredder, Annihilation, and a Malice Beam.  And right now I'm working on my modules because none of them are max myth either 😉 

2 hours ago, Tigergeezer said:

I'd say "almost always" wrong.  Only reason I could see for doing it, other than sheer tossbanditry, would be to get the 10 straight wins achievement by dropping so low that you're nailed on for 10 in a row (unless you hit a fellow smurfer).  I still haven't managed the 10 in a row, so I haven't done it, but I think I'd say that was forgivable, since it's not something you'd do more than once.

I've thought about that one long and hard.  I can't say it would be completely wrong to do it only to get that achievement.  But I can get 10 wins by chance (right now mine says "9" so I've already gotten close).  And the reward (20 tokens) isn't worth abusing newbies.

7 minutes ago, Turtle said:

In my experience smurfing is 100% wrong. I can't see the argument where it's not wrong. 

Also, I have met Sawz when he was like rank 9, and while his mechs are mythed, it doesn't mean they're necessarily great.

Yep and sometimes I'm busy doing chores while I'm fighting in the arena so I tend to make a bit more mistakes than when I'm focused on it.  But that was never smurfing.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

I feel like people who do it only cheat themselves and kind of waste their time? 

it seems like it would take a while to drop a few ranks. Sure you get a win streak but you will then be back at your regular rank again. 

the way the arena points are tied to rank these days you don’t gain anything. So I voted maybe. Reason being for everyone they crush on the way up they also give free wins in their way down?

13 hours ago, Fordekash said:

So I voted maybe. Reason being for everyone they crush on the way up they also give free wins in their way down?

That probably explains those weird occasions where I've had someone with strong mechs come up against me in Arena, who immediately quits even though he ought to smash me.   Maybe that's people on their way down to smurf at lower ranks. 

47 minutes ago, Tigergeezer said:

That probably explains those weird occasions where I've had someone with strong mechs come up against me in Arena, who immediately quits even though he ought to smash me.   Maybe that's people on their way down to smurf at lower ranks. 

Lol i do that too were i give ppls free wins