Forum Tournament - Police Mechs 🚓🚓

Pavke

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Deimos said:

I'd actually prefer that, only people who have a passion for competition would join so It'd be a lot more fun, then again you'd be the one whining since it wouldn't be many people lmao

I'm simply saying that if you're going to do rewards then at least do them right, not this clear bait which will obviously result in many people feeling frustrated especially since the initial premise made it seem there would be a lot more than just 5 packs.

Same, I do generally encourage refraining from rewards when possible - obviously it doesn't matter to Gato how many people join 😛

Marija and Pavka wanted to give participants something nice. I think almost 10% getting a benefit from a raffle is higher than you'd reasonably expect from a raffle, but that's me. I don't usually expect to win those... 

I hoped players would appreciate their attempt to give them something nice while still keeping it fun, but if more people feel the way you do, obviously they'll learn and the mistake won't be made again.

25 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Same, I do generally encourage refraining from rewards when possible - obviously it doesn't matter to Gato how many people join 😛

Marija and Pavka wanted to give participants something nice. I think almost 10% getting a benefit from a raffle is higher than you'd reasonably expect from a raffle, but that's me. I don't usually expect to win those... 

I hoped players would appreciate their attempt to give them something nice while still keeping it fun, but if more people feel the way you do, obviously they'll learn and the mistake won't be made again.

I'm talking about the people making the tournament, might as well cancel it if not enough people join. Let's be real, that's why the rewards exist in the first place. 

Over 60 people participated and the random rewards are less than 10%, a single pack will not make a difference for the majority of people so I don't see what's the argument against a reasonable amount of people getting one if you're going to do it in the first place.

Idrc either way, I simply want a certain level of quality from a "community" tournament and being stuck halfway in the middle isn't it.

That being said I obviously appreciate the work @Pavke and the rest of the team put in, don't think they have the say in how the rewards are gonna go so this is in no way directed at them.

• Community Team
19 minutes ago, Deimos said:

That being said I obviously appreciate the work @Pavke and the rest of the team put in, don't think they have the say in how the rewards are gonna go so this is in no way directed at them.

Hi,

It actually was me who picked the rewards, packs were my idea. I hoped people would appreciate it, I certainly would if this was an option back in the old tournaments. I started off as a player as well,  I still am one so I just thought like one. 

The amount of people who join the tournament really doesnt matter much to us, in fact its much more work if more people participate in them,  I just wanted to make it worth for everyone, sort of like a way of still possibly getting something even if they dont win, but the idea of the tournament was fun and strategy, not rewards. Rewards are there to I guess boost the morale. 

We will see for the future tournaments, this one was the very first one like I said, so we did learn a great deal from it and we are still learning 😄

You and everyone can always DM me your ideas, I mentioned before and Im reminding you again 🙂

Elcent is the best.

Alright listen people, y'all keep complaining and shit over a game. You never get anything good from prem packs not to mention how long it takes to save up for one. It's like any competition, did any of the Olympians complain if they didn't get a medal? No, I though so. Everyone gets so excited because they hear "people who did not win still have a chance to win a free premium pack"
Well, look on the bright side, I have a solution! It's called 💥 grow up 💥🌚

I guess I'm late to the "tournament is over" party, but gg and congrats to the winners. It was nice to have some positive interactions with players I didn't know.

Also, please don't turn this thread from a lighthearted tourney conversation into toxic complaints about the rewards, or complaints about the people complaining about the rewards.

Let's not ruin the fun vibe of the tournament.

7 minutes ago, Spoon said:

Alright listen people, y'all keep complaining and shit over a game. You never get anything good from prem packs not to mention how long it takes to save up for one. It's like any competition, did any of the Olympians complain if they didn't get a medal? No, I though so. Everyone gets so excited because they hear "people who did not win still have a chance to win a free premium pack"
Well, look on the bright side, I have a solution! It's called 💥 grow up 💥🌚

Good one. Try saying that to the slaves. Want freedom or basic human rights? Grow up. We didn't progress as a species because we were satisfied with our current conditions, we fought and still fight to make them better.

17 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Good one. Try saying that to the slaves. Want freedom or basic human rights? Grow up. We didn't progress as a species because we were satisfied with our current conditions, we fought and still fight to make them better.

Don’t bring slavery into this 🤦‍♂️ Slavery and a video game are two very different things, 

1 hour ago, Deimos said:

Deimos, with all due respect, touch some grass, man. I hate to be this harsh, but you aren’t being the valiant warrior of the people you think you are. You’re coming off as petty, that’s it.

The rewards for a tournament have never been this high, and may get higher if we can get constructive about it. I’m sorry, but whining about how people who didn’t even place aren’t having their fair share of the rewards in the tournament is not a hill you want to die on.

Edited by Coddiwomple (see edit history)

Going nowhere with all the intent and purpose of going somewhere.