A Second Unicorn Portal

A Happy F4ce

Is a Second Unicorn (or Unicorn-style) Portal a Good Idea?   

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like to See a second Unicorn Portal, or something similar?

2. 2. If Yes, What Legendary Drop Rate do you think Is Fair and Reasonable?

3. 3. How many days do you think it should run? (the original portal lasted 5 days)

About a month or so into reloaded, the Developers released a special 5-day portal, the unicorn portal. aside from the perk (a unicorn horn), which I have never recovered from accidentily fusing, the purpose of the portal was simple: to help those who had been dealt a bad hand with their initial boxes to get a head start. the mission was of high easy-light moderate difficulty and dropped boxes with exceptionaly good drop rates (scaled to whether you were playing Normal, Hard or Insane).

image.png.728f7546fb4c77c0f8c8d1d0ab4d1d61.pngimage.thumb.png.94ed93d19a4b7190029c522e1c9d73a5.png

Nobody knows the exact drop rates of the portal, because the past development team were exceptionally mysterious about drop rates in all instances, and it was a very long time ago now so my memory might be off, but I'd estimate something like this:

• Epic - 85%
  • Legendary - 15%

"Sure buddy, and I'd like to throw it to Angelina Jolie tonight instead of my fat wife, I aint getting that either."

okay, so I hear you asking why I think its justified to drop a second unicorn portal now. well, allow me to do so in the form of a numbered bullet point list:

1. A significant period of time has passed since the last portal of its kind, in which time a general feeling of discontent with the gap between those who do not spend or spend modestly and those who have been able to afford to buy every premium item as it came out. this feeling being the justification at the time for the last one.
  2.  we are under new development now, with a team that undoubtedly has its own ideas about the direction they want to take the game, therefore I think its fair that all those who have lived through (survived) the TS years should be granted a good way to "catch up" at least to a certain degree in order that the community as a whole can go forward into the new era excited and ready to experience the new direction. not still tearing their hair out trying to scrape rank 5 because they can't get this or that item that they need from the past era
  3. the perk is really pretty

"Did you really need a list for that, wise guy?"

No, but I figured out how to do it just now and I'll be damned if I don't.

image.png

In terms of the specific drop rate, I don't know if the devs have access to some kind of record of what it was on the original portal. I think the fuel costs were similar to Madboy 2v2 mission. but even just 5% would do a lotta good for a lotta people.

but that's just like, my opinion, man, vote above to express yours 👆

or tell me how much you love or hate the idea down there 👇

OOPSIE DOOPSIE MOMENT REPORT:

the 4th poll option in question 2 reads 25-20%. it SHOULD read 15-20%

apologies

Edited by Fidelio (see edit history)

Realistically, I think there could be more seasonal activities here.

World of Tanks (PC) run (insane) christmas missions for (very) decent rewards in game. tons of credits (gold), boosters (power kit), and some experience kits for the crew (high xp?)

They run this for about four weeks each christmas season since 2018.

Details
2020 July see WoT's 10th birthday and everyone that logged in get 7 free premium tanks (unique tanks that earn 50% more credit and xp than regular tanks, not necessarily overpowering)
There wasn't much thanksgiving, but WoT Blitz (mobile counterpart) have a cash-carrot event about once per month (small rewards without paying $5 for a "pass" and very big rewards if paid). Better than nothing for f2p, if you ask me.
But, aside from that, I genuinely think the premium pass is a very very good bargain. If I play semi-actively I can get approximately 150% rates than from the best offers. If I was less determined F2P I would have purchased it.
Both of following items cost $4.99
(reward from level 17 premium pass: 550 gold, 14K free xp (worth 560 gold + grinding), 900000 credit (worth 2.25K gold), avatar, various boosters (roughly worth 200 gold). Max pass level is 50.)
(reward from "winner's rich loot": 1250 + 750 gold)
The only other event that would persuade me to open my wallet, is Steam Summer Sale.

Yes, we had a free premium pack for this winter, and unfortunately I didn't get it even if I am there on time ☹️

But I believe we can host ,ore of the (actually) rewarding activities rather than simply giving out (small amount of) stuff. It will give a proportional boost to everyone everywhere on the ladder. Well, mostly.

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 11:32 AM, Fidelio said:

About a month or so into reloaded, the Developers released a special 5-day portal, the unicorn portal. aside from the perk (a unicorn horn), which I have never recovered from accidentily fusing, the purpose of the portal was simple: to help those who had been dealt a bad hand with their initial boxes to get a head start. the mission was of high easy-light moderate difficulty and dropped boxes with exceptionaly good drop rates (scaled to whether you were playing Normal, Hard or Insane).

image.png.728f7546fb4c77c0f8c8d1d0ab4d1d61.pngimage.thumb.png.94ed93d19a4b7190029c522e1c9d73a5.png

Nobody knows the exact drop rates of the portal, because the past development team were exceptionally mysterious about drop rates in all instances, and it was a very long time ago now so my memory might be off, but I'd estimate something like this:

• Epic - 85%
  • Legendary - 15%

"Sure buddy, and I'd like to throw it to Angelina Jolie tonight instead of my fat wife, I aint getting that either."

okay, so I hear you asking why I think its justified to drop a second unicorn portal now. well, allow me to do so in the form of a numbered bullet point list:

1. A significant period of time has passed since the last portal of its kind, in which time a general feeling of discontent with the gap between those who do not spend or spend modestly and those who have been able to afford to buy every premium item as it came out. this feeling being the justification at the time for the last one.
  2.  we are under new development now, with a team that undoubtedly has its own ideas about the direction they want to take the game, therefore I think its fair that all those who have lived through (survived) the TS years should be granted a good way to "catch up" at least to a certain degree in order that the community as a whole can go forward into the new era excited and ready to experience the new direction. not still tearing their hair out trying to scrape rank 5 because they can't get this or that item that they need from the past era
  3. the perk is really pretty

"Did you really need a list for that, wise guy?"

No, but I figured out how to do it just now and I'll be damned if I don't.

image.png

In terms of the specific drop rate, I don't know if the devs have access to some kind of record of what it was on the original portal. I think the fuel costs were similar to Madboy 2v2 mission. but even just 5% would do a lotta good for a lotta people.

but that's just like, my opinion, man, vote above to express yours 👆

or tell me how much you love or hate the idea down there 👇

OOPSIE DOOPSIE MOMENT REPORT:

the 4th poll option in question 2 reads 25-20%. it SHOULD read 15-20%

apologies

Avenger was a Unicorn? Since when did that happen?

Also, I really want the portal to be a thing now because of Univenger AND the fact that the horn isn't a rank 1 exclusive item as I originally thought... Then I'll be able to attach horns onto my mechs as I have done with my 2 pumpkins.

Yep, I want this to be a thing.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

• 1 month later...

I am the necromancer!!!

@Alexander, maybe a 2 day easter portal? For Sunday and Monday, with good drop rates, plus an easter perk? Instead of the stupid easter egg pack with paint which is garbage anyways?

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

Alexander pls put this portal atlist a day or half day if you dont give an answer in 24 hours i will consider it that you are ghosting me

4 hours ago, trophy435 said:

i just googled about some national unicorn day and was surprised it was a thing

turns out its on april 9... *hinthint*

I hope they put it super mechs is my favourite and only game i play everyday im never giving up im giving 5 star but they muat add the unicorn portal atlist a day or half day

As for the drop rate for a legendary i choose to have this portal 12 houra and get some perks wether a legendary

Edited by Pink555 (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Pink555 said:

Alexander pls put this portal atlist a day or half day if you dont give an answer in 24 hours i will consider it that you are ghosting me

I hope they put it super mechs is my favourite and only game i play everyday im never giving up im giving 5 star but they muat add the unicorn portal atlist a day or half day

As for the drop rate for a legendary i choose to have this portal 12 houra and get some perks wether a legendary

Do you like toast too?