A Notification Dedicated Towards the Overlooked Buffed Torso

Have you guys seen the new Windigo?

... Or perhaps the new Platinum Vests?

But what about the new Naga, the energy opposite to the new Windigo that's lighter and capable of toppling the original energy champion torso known as GrimReaper? It turns out that many people have overlooked this torso when they jumped for the Windigo and Vest buffs, so I decided to make this topic to remind everyone of the new E-M energy contender that's ready to end GrimReaper.

... That's pretty much it.

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 10.20.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 10.22.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 10.22.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 10.25.43 PM.png

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

8 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

No more buffs please.  

Naga was buffed at the same time as Windigo and the Vests but it was overlooked when people started obsessing over a MPV meta.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:26 AM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

capable of toppling the original energy champion torso known as GrimReaper?

Naga is good. It's actually better than grim. Even before buff

GRIM REAPER (329)  879 HP 346 Eng 112 Reg 193 Het  64 Col  22PhyRes 22ExpRes 16EleRes
NAGA        (335)  982 HP 279 Eng 104 Reg 193 Het  72 Col  22PhyRes 22ExpRes 16EleRes

Because it weigh 6 kg more.

Sad fact might be that grim is R-D and Naga is E-D, which justify the act of "pay to win"

Edited by CDR_Xavier
fixed content (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

even though radela keeps saying that "hollow is underpowered now" the real up l-m is archimonde. It desperately needs a buff, but no one even mentions it, as if it didn't exist. Granted its pretty good, but its pretty good at Zark level and not at the "pretty good" that l-ms deserve.

I polish rocks

1 hour ago, CDR_Xavier said:

Naga is good. It's actually better than grim. Even before buff

Naga was always slightly better than Grim, even before the buff.

3 minutes ago, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

That's the thing, everyone supports what they have. 

ABSOLUTELY!!   Which is why I try to refer to my spreadsheet, not the opinions of others.  Math is a lot closer to being objective (even if it's not perfect) than people's opinions.  And it's funny how the main people to complain about some of the nerfs/buffs are those who were negatively affected by them.

2 minutes ago, ChooseGeno said:

even though radela keeps saying that "hollow is underpowered now" the real up l-m is archimonde. It desperately needs a buff, but no one even mentions it, as if it didn't exist. Granted its pretty good, but its pretty good at Zark level and not at the "pretty good" that l-ms deserve.

I recommended a buff of 115 hp to Archimonde elsewhere (no other change in stats).

15 minutes ago, ChooseGeno said:

why not?

because you're scared hollow will become useless but no one mentions archimonde?

No, because 1) the torso buffs were too much [to the point CleverName is saying the vests will replace monkeys as META] and 2) malice beam was buffed too much (it drains more than Hysteria, which should not be due to one being R-M and one being E-M).

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

2 hours ago, ChooseGeno said:

Meanwhile, there's the physical E-Ms that are non-existent. Avenger, Battery Armor, and Interceptor have been wiped from the slate of torsos because of how irrelevant the new items have made them out to be.

Hollow's still hanging in there due to its versatility with its stats but not by much since there's four new torsos stepping on its fingers along side its own siblings as it's hanging onto a cliffside ledge with whatever it has left.

I both wish for and fear the potential that lies behind the buff that brings those three physical torsos back from the grave.

• Administrators

*cries in Nightmare*. 

Go take the stat difference between nightmare vs naga/windigo max and compare it to its weight. If you have a good way to use the extra weight, Nightmare is a very, very good torso. And looks good doing it. 🙂 

Of course a lot of builds are so light its pointless for them, that's fine. No nightmare for you!

People have also talked about Nightmare, though not as much as Windigo and the Vests, but definitely more than Naga.

As for Nightmare, it's basically taunting Zarkares with its similar stats yet way lighter weight... As if the R-M torso was looking for a way to become Zarkares Meta 2.0.

Although, I could perhaps make a topic for Nightmare as well, if that would put your mind at ease, your highness.

Wait... Do you prefer the title of "Lord", "Highness", or "Supreme Overlord Titan of Mass Genocidal Destruction"?

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

6 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

R-M torso

It's C-D. They are the only 6 items that, once acquired, can help serve you all the way up to rank 1. If you do them proper.

The reason we don't have people talking about Mr. Nightmare until the combined mods is because they simple don't offer enough bang because they are light.

Same thing with Mr. Interceptor and Mr. Sith.

Because the existence of heavy mods (that pack more punch), it becomes viable again to use these lightweight torsos. But the heavy mods are premium, so f2p people (like me) won't be switching anytime soon.

6 hours ago, Alexander said:

*cries in Nightmare*. 

Impressive. Perhaps this is the motive behind introduction of heavyweight mods? (beside to end the tale for counters)

6 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Avenger

I was going to use Avenger for my phys, but I rushed ahead and got Naga and Rusty Energy for my energy. I don't need a 4th myth.

On 1/5/2021 at 11:26 AM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Have you guys seen the new Windigo?

Holy this these stats look outrageously OP. At least, from what they once were.

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

IF NIGHTMARE GOT BUFFED, SITH MUST GET BUFFED TOO!

Completely untrue.  The game is working fine as it is right now, there's no "must" or "need" about this.  You're free to express your opinion and disagree with me, but I'm against any more except possibly hollow spectral armor.

And even then, I'm tempted to (on my OWN thread about HSA) say nevermind.

EDIT: like it or not, there is a premium tier.  It makes no sense to buff any non-premium torso to premium levels.  That's not to say we're punishing F2P people for being poor or something.  If they work hard and save their tokens, they can get premium packs, too.  But since there is a premium tier, I don't think any non-premium item should get buffed to premium levels.  That's just me.  HSA is already premium so buffing it a tiny bit is fair because it's always lagged behind the other monkey torsos, so it's more about keeping the game philosophically congruent.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

15 hours ago, CDR_Xavier said:

Holy this these stats look outrageously OP. At least, from what they once were.

This alone got a laugh out of me because it caught me off guard. I also thought you said "Holy shit these stats look outrageously OP.", which comes to show how immature I am when it comes to cursing as comedy. 

15 hours ago, CDR_Xavier said:

It's C-D.

Or I could simply say non-premium since that's pretty much the title given to all non-wallet things... No, that's not snarkiness speaking.

15 hours ago, Sparks said:

IF NIGHTMARE GOT BUFFED, SITH MUST GET BUFFED TOO!

If sith gets buff then buff interceptor

If interceptor gets buffed then buff archimonde

the list goes on

14 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Completely untrue.  The game is working fine as it is right now, there's no "must" or "need" about this.  You're free to express your opinion and disagree with me, but I'm against any more except possibly hollow spectral armor.

And even then, I'm tempted to (on my OWN thread about HSA) say nevermind.

EDIT: like it or not, there is a premium tier.  It makes no sense to buff any non-premium torso to premium levels.  That's not to say we're punishing F2P people for being poor or something.  If they work hard and save their tokens, they can get premium packs, too.  But since there is a premium tier, I don't think any non-premium item should get buffed to premium levels.  That's just me.  HSA is already premium so buffing it a tiny bit is fair because it's always lagged behind the other monkey torsos, so it's more about keeping the game philosophically congruent.

Bro

why

what about archimonde? You say that you care about the value of p2w items, but if do you, then your top priority should be buffing the desperately bad archimonde, and not fussing over HSA.

HSA can wait. Archimonde needs to be buffed, its about as good as zark right now, and like you say, "p2w needs to be better than f2p"

I polish rocks

14 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Nightmare is in a torso family, which is a group of torsos that are similar in appearance and stats but have stat altercations based on their element that cause them to be different from other variants.

Hollow Spectral Armor is essentially the balance between Rusty Energy Armor and Fractured Armor... But people hate it for being balanced, so they went to the FHA and flipped the bird to HSA while giving REA a slight slap on the wrist because today's meta requires HP and Cooling.

... BUT that is just my opinion. Feel free to correct me and/or avenge Archimonde.

Merged Extra

An addition to what I said about Nightmare in case you didn't know how torso families work:

If Nightmare gets buffed, Interceptor and Sith are likely going to be buffed as well since they're all suffering from the same issue of being low HP rucksacks.

Oh, and the same applies to HSA... If Hollow gets buffed, the two thanos torsos are gonna have to get buffed to avoid potential favoritism claims 

Just now, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

Well it's a good thing that alex confirmed himself that the nightmare torso will never get buffed.

Well that's a relief... For a second there, I thought I just saw a red Interceptor that was asserting dominance over Zarkares.

3 hours ago, ChooseGeno said:

HSA can wait. Archimonde needs to be buffed, its about as good as zark right now, and like you say, "p2w needs to be better than f2p"

You said "and the list goes on and on."  THAT is why I am against it.  The requests to buff things never end.  It's a vicious circle.  When we buff Windigo, all the Zark owners complained.  Then the Archimond owners.  If we buff Zark tomorrow, Archimond owners will ask for it.  Then when we buff Archimond, Grim Reaper owners will want a buff to Grim Reaper.

There is a point where it's wise to notice a cycle and break the cycle.

3 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Nightmare is in a torso family, which is a group of torsos that are similar in appearance and stats but have stat altercations based on their element that cause them to be different from other variants.

Sure, I get it, and that was basically my point with Hollow Spectral Armor.

However, I'm now against more buffs.  There's no point: it's a never-ending vicious circle.  And he who complains the loudest wears the phattest crown.

Let's put it this way: even if they decided to buff the battery armor series, I'd still ask them not to buff the energy version, because it already sucks so bad.  Sometimes it's best to let bad things die.

With all due respect, I think the better path for players is to save up their tokens and open premium packs until they get three of the following top-tier (now) torsos: the monkeys, Nightmare, Lightning Platinum Vest, Molten Platinum Vest, or Windigo.

I'm saying this in general, not at you necessarily: Don't set your sights low, buffing a torso because you like it that isn't in META, just to then complain when it needs a buff.  We've known for a long time that the monkey torsos are the best, despite the power of the recent buff to the others.  If anything, now there are MORE top-tier torso options.  So my advice to people is pick one and upgrade that, or keep opening premium packs until you get one of them.  Because, in my opinion, any upgrades above level 1 legendary for the lesser torsos are a waste of time.  The only reason to upgrade the lesser torsos to level 1 legendary is to use them to mythical a top-tier torso.

I'm not saying this as someone who thinks they're better than anyone.  I did exactly this: I kept the torsos I liked despite people telling me to get the monkey torsos.  Heck, I used a FHA monkey to upgrade my Grim Reaper, again, despite people telling me not to.

Then when my Grim and Zarkares and Avenger reached their limit in the arena, I realized other people were right.

If someone wants to use Zarkares, go ahead, I'm not judging you.  I'm just saying the reality of the game right now is that there are better torsos.

And I don't have to be rank 1 in the arena to know this.  It's not freaking rocket science.  I can to read the META that CleverName was so nice to provide us and see it for myself.

So as someone who was stubbornly clinging to Grim Reaper, I'm going to say it: if you want to improve, reach for the best items, because time spent upgrading things that aren't top tier is wasted time and resources.

I could've been rank 10 a month ago had I kept the monkey torsos I erroneously used to mythical lesser torsos.  I thought, "cool, they have resistance and heat/energy stats that are better, they must be better."  I was dead wrong.

That's part of why I developed that spreadsheet, and why I ask people questions on here and in Discord: because stats on paper can be wrong.

Sorry for the long rant, but seriously, NO.  I can complain about how the MiG-17 needs a buff in some online fighter aircraft game and how the F-4 sucks, but in the end, the F-4 is a better aircraft, and I should switch to flying that.  (That's an old-school Chuck Yeager's Air Combat joke.)

20 hours ago, SawzAll said:

You said "and the list goes on and on."  THAT is why I am against it.  The requests to buff things never end.  It's a vicious circle.  When we buff Windigo, all the Zark owners complained.  Then the Archimond owners.  If we buff Zark tomorrow, Archimond owners will ask for it.  Then when we buff Archimond, Grim Reaper owners will want a buff to Grim Reaper.

There is a point where it's wise to notice a cycle and break the cycle.

Sure, I get it, and that was basically my point with Hollow Spectral Armor.

However, I'm now against more buffs.  There's no point: it's a never-ending vicious circle.  And he who complains the loudest wears the phattest crown.

Let's put it this way: even if they decided to buff the battery armor series, I'd still ask them not to buff the energy version, because it already sucks so bad.  Sometimes it's best to let bad things die.

With all due respect, I think the better path for players is to save up their tokens and open premium packs until they get three of the following top-tier (now) torsos: the monkeys, Nightmare, Lightning Platinum Vest, Molten Platinum Vest, or Windigo.

I'm saying this in general, not at you necessarily: Don't set your sights low, buffing a torso because you like it that isn't in META, just to then complain when it needs a buff.  We've known for a long time that the monkey torsos are the best, despite the power of the recent buff to the others.  If anything, now there are MORE top-tier torso options.  So my advice to people is pick one and upgrade that, or keep opening premium packs until you get one of them.  Because, in my opinion, any upgrades above level 1 legendary for the lesser torsos are a waste of time.  The only reason to upgrade the lesser torsos to level 1 legendary is to use them to mythical a top-tier torso.

I'm not saying this as someone who thinks they're better than anyone.  I did exactly this: I kept the torsos I liked despite people telling me to get the monkey torsos.  Heck, I used a FHA monkey to upgrade my Grim Reaper, again, despite people telling me not to.

Then when my Grim and Zarkares and Avenger reached their limit in the arena, I realized other people were right.

If someone wants to use Zarkares, go ahead, I'm not judging you.  I'm just saying the reality of the game right now is that there are better torsos.

And I don't have to be rank 1 in the arena to know this.  It's not freaking rocket science.  I can to read the META that CleverName was so nice to provide us and see it for myself.

So as someone who was stubbornly clinging to Grim Reaper, I'm going to say it: if you want to improve, reach for the best items, because time spent upgrading things that aren't top tier is wasted time and resources.

I could've been rank 10 a month ago had I kept the monkey torsos I erroneously used to mythical lesser torsos.  I thought, "cool, they have resistance and heat/energy stats that are better, they must be better."  I was dead wrong.

That's part of why I developed that spreadsheet, and why I ask people questions on here and in Discord: because stats on paper can be wrong.

Sorry for the long rant, but seriously, NO.  I can complain about how the MiG-17 needs a buff in some online fighter aircraft game and how the F-4 sucks, but in the end, the F-4 is a better aircraft, and I should switch to flying that.  (That's an old-school Chuck Yeager's Air Combat joke.)

I don't particularily like archimonde, but I really do insist that it be buffed, since lots of people overlook it.

I polish rocks

22 hours ago, SawzAll said:

When we buff Windigo, all the Zark owners complained.

Yeah minus the fact they are both E-M and therefore should have the same drop rate. If anything, I'd say Windigo has a better drop rate for some people. By buffing certain items it keeps a rotation going. One item is very good for a while, then a buff to a different item to make that better than the last. This made Windigo the best F2P torso for phys and heat.

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

13 minutes ago, ramzy ez said:

why you mad your malice beam was buffed too XD

I'm not mad.  Just my opinion: when you buff one thing, you essentially nerf the others.  I would not have made Malice Beam drain more energy than Hysteria, but that's just me.  Still, I'm sure we can all comment on how we would've done something differently, so it's really not important at this point.