I heard people saying that Corrupt light is trash. Is it true?

Its just a rumor that has spread through angry rank 11 tears.

It is good. People say its bad because mfs dont know how to balance their heat/energy so they get fricked by those weapons.

Think of it as the cod gun (Aug A3) from CS:GO. People on the ranks of DMG or LEM (which can apply for the ranks of 11-10) was wanting the aug to get nerfed where it wasnt op. People were bad, they were getting mad about the gun and they were wanting it to get nerfed because they died to it. Not because its op.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

Β 

PS: The noob was me.

13 hours ago, STARWULPH said:

Windigo was buffed a little while back making it one of the best torsos in the game.

Β 

oh oke thanks

13 hours ago, iSwarky said:

Its just a rumor that has spread through angry rank 11 tears.

It is good. People say its bad because mfs dont know how to balance their heat/energy so they get fricked by those weapons.

Think of it as the cod gun (Aug A3) from CS:GO. People on the ranks of DMG or LEM (which can apply for the ranks of 11-10) was wanting the aug to get nerfed where it wasnt op. People were bad, they were getting mad about the gun and they were wanting it to get nerfed because they died to it. Not because its op.

I dont play COD but ok. Corrupt light's main problem is it needs a lot of heat. bring a heat bomb or energy break them and its done tbh. Like in arena rn, divine malice beams everywhere. so my alt dies to it

PS: my alt runs dual corrupt light

9 hours ago, Killer gamer 22322 said:

oh oke thanks

I dont play COD but ok. Corrupt light's main problem is it needs a lot of heat. bring a heat bomb or energy break them and its done tbh. Like in arena rn, divine malice beams everywhere. so my alt dies to it

PS: my alt runs dual corrupt light

Long story short, you have my full permission to use this weapon. It isnt bad. People might say its bad because they dont know how to balance their heat.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

Β 

PS: The noob was me.

corrupt light is good item for raid, portals and campaign as Fordekash mentioned. The item is good item for new players and can be obtained from rare to epic and forgot if can be from common. I developed my first from rare status. The item carry me to top rank without resist or full modules set. Now, the game changed with the use of the new modules making it a bit more harder but at lower ranks still good to move up and some top players combine some mechs using the item and kill my mechs with my current primaries. Sure it is not an item to be call it top weapon now but in my time neither but it was good to get at top and stay there.Β 

Corrupt will help to overheat your opponent for sure and your Flaminator will help to overheat and to damage healthΒ  plus help to counter balance yourself not to get overheated in the use of heat weapons.

You can max them if you have a good idea of what kind of mech you will build and if you are limited in options and budget and no it is not a trash item. It does require to balance modules to be use. If player do not use modules properly then they kill them self.Β 

Below OKI first myth mech and set up. For top players and others will say trash but with that baby and the second plus the phys mech later on I sustained R3 every season and touched base always R2 any season sure not now. What does I mean it is an item that still have punch to get you to R5 if you are at low. The key is modules. When I was making my own I had no modules available and no max out the few I had and of course I overheated all the time and no resist making mech weak plus arena shop items were in the low been new account. Took me a year or so to get arena shop items to be max out without missing a single day 5 wins. At higher rank more silver coins grants give the 5 wins but at lower ranks are very low like 2 coins making the development very slow.Β 

image.thumb.png.80a3064811adc4ea00d784eb8a80cdf1.png

image.thumb.png.0dda9ae44e8897d91b677e99e5e7c692.png

image.thumb.png.359e28e4556ff9f021fbb7db87f481c2.png

image.thumb.png.6a57b1068b5dba44c24e8d7be7c88368.pngΒ 

Β 

10 hours ago, Fordekash said:

I run corrupt light with a malice beam. The build is r5-r3 any week.

Β for campaign, raid, portals, corrupt light is a must have item. I have two.

max your self at least one and judge for yours.. that’s how I ended up with two πŸ˜€

I have one mythical in my main, and 2 legendary level 33 corrupt lights in my alt lol

9 hours ago, OKI DOKI said:

corrupt light is good item for raid, portals and campaign as Fordekash mentioned. The item is good item for new players and can be obtained from rare to epic and forgot if can be from common. I developed my first from rare status. The item carry me to top rank without resist or full modules set. Now, the game changed with the use of the new modules making it a bit more harder but at lower ranks still good to move up and some top players combine some mechs using the item and kill my mechs with my current primaries. Sure it is not an item to be call it top weapon now but in my time neither but it was good to get at top and stay there.Β 

Corrupt will help to overheat your opponent for sure and your Flaminator will help to overheat and to damage healthΒ  plus help to counter balance yourself not to get overheated in the use of heat weapons.

You can max them if you have a good idea of what kind of mech you will build and if you are limited in options and budget and no it is not a trash item. It does require to balance modules to be use. If player do not use modules properly then they kill them self.Β 

Below OKI first myth mech and set up. For top players and others will say trash but with that baby and the second plus the phys mech later on I sustained R3 every season and touched base always R2 any season sure not now. What does I mean it is an item that still have punch to get you to R5 if you are at low. The key is modules. When I was making my own I had no modules available and no max out the few I had and of course I overheated all the time and no resist making mech weak plus arena shop items were in the low been new account. Took me a year or so to get arena shop items to be max out without missing a single day 5 wins. At higher rank more silver coins grants give the 5 wins but at lower ranks are very low like 2 coins making the development very slow.Β 

image.thumb.png.80a3064811adc4ea00d784eb8a80cdf1.png

image.thumb.png.0dda9ae44e8897d91b677e99e5e7c692.png

Β 

Ahh. the mech in the second pic is a weird hybrid lol. Also, Corrupt light imo runs best with a cooling break weapons like a hammer. Idk not sure

1 hour ago, Killer gamer 22322 said:

I have one mythical in my main, and 2 legendary level 33 corrupt lights in my alt lol

Ahh. the mech in the second pic is a weird hybrid lol. Also, Corrupt light imo runs best with a cooling break weapons like a hammer. Idk not sure

yes but if not hammer available 🀣 use what you have to keep moving on.

• 3 months later...

Corrupt Light isn't bad, it's just that it's an elemental weapon.Β 

The majority of elemental weapons are weak to things known as premium dual modules.

Corrupt Light is one of those elemental weapons.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 10:03 AM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Corrupt Light isn't bad, it's just that it's an elemental weapon.Β 

The majority of elemental weapons are weak to things known as premium dual modules.

Corrupt Light is one of those elemental weapons.

Ah understood

On 2/24/2022 at 8:23 PM, Energy Boi said:

e

Very late replyΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

e

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

23 minutes ago, Spoon said:

It's garbage. If your opponent has good res, you will barely do any damage. Also, most people in top ranks have good stats and theres lots of counters in 1v1 and 2v2

Yeah bruv but the one asking is in lower ranks, so it's still viable from ranks 20-11, after that though it begins to decline in usefulness

19 minutes ago, Corvus said:

after that though it begins to decline in usefulness

hmm. still good if used correctly. especially paired with a divine swoop and divine sorrow.Β 

i almost got triggered by some stupid troller this morning. my phys mech with 500 cap and 250 cooling died to a dual corrupt light build (with the stuff i mentioned above too ofc).Β 

tbh, really depends on how you use it. i usually use corrupt light + hybrid cannon. simply because i have one so why not use it.Β 

On 11/14/2021 at 9:44 PM, Killer gamer 22322 said:

Also, is Windigo or Zarkares better for a boiler mech

windigo. windigo got a buff a while back. even if it's slightly lower of absolute heat stats, zark is too heavy and not as worth it when it comes to other stats.Β 

Β 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, OKI DOKI said:

really lovely hybrids. (not the monkey on claws. the other two).Β 

------------------------------------------------------

also, why are we necroposting in here?

Edited by AftoKrator (see edit history)

Discord:Β Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt:Β Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

19 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Yeah bruv but the one asking is in lower ranks, so it's still viable from ranks 20-11, after that though it begins to decline in usefulness

yeah the only reason it works in lower ranks is because most of the lower ranks dont think about mods. Everything should be upgraded rather evenly yet for some reason thats not taken into consideration much

2 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

hmm. still good if used correctly. especially paired with a divine swoop and divine sorrow.Β 

i almost got triggered by some stupid troller this morning. my phys mech with 500 cap and 250 cooling died to a dual corrupt light build (with the stuff i mentioned above too ofc).Β 

tbh, really depends on how you use it. i usually use corrupt light + hybrid cannon. simply because i have one so why not use it.Β 

windigo. windigo got a buff a while back. even if it's slightly lower of absolute heat stats, zark is too heavy and not as worth it when it comes to other stats.Β 

Β 

really lovely hybrids. (not the monkey on claws. the other two).Β 

I really like dual sorrow (sadly I dont have any accs with dual sorrow)
I do think sorrow is better than corrupt light because it doesn't cost any energy and it will do against energy mechs sine most times energy mechs have more ene than heat. It definitely gets people off guard. It's still a r1 buildΒ 

10 minutes ago, Spoon said:

Everything should be upgraded rather evenly yet for some reason thats not taken into consideration much

hmmm. exactly.Β 

back when i first started my alt / now main account, i only thought about dmg. to the point where i was using mythical weapons and an unupgraded torso and legs up in rank 14. and then, some dude who had a similar thought with dmg first killed me just by a few hp and i realized hp is important too. so i maxed my torso (which was an MPV at the time). and then legs shortly after. it was only recently when i thought of upgrading modules.Β 

Β 

Here's how i think most newbs think of it:Β 

it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too onerous to upgrade all 8 of them (modules) at the same time and they give little stats after each upgrade.Β 

probably because that's my way of thinking a year ago

Edited by AftoKrator (see edit history)

Discord:Β Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt:Β Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

2 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

hmmm. exactly.Β 

back when i first started my alt / now main account, i only thought about dmg. to the point where i was using mythical weapons and an unupgraded torso and legs up in rank 14. and then, some dude who had a similar thought with dmg first killed be just by a few hp and i realized hp is important too. so i maxed my torso (which was an MPV at the time). and then legs shortly after. it was only recently when i thought of upgrading modules.Β 

Β 

Here's how i think most newbs think of it:Β 

it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too onerous to upgrade all 8 of them (modules) at the same time and they give little stats after each upgrade.Β 

probably because that's my way of thinking a year ago

yeah man you dont got an upgraded torso you honestly have nothing. Anyone can easily HB you and you can say bye bye to the win. Even if they're E-M mods, mods are just as important as your weapons

11 hours ago, Spoon said:

It's garbage. If your opponent has good res, you will barely do any damage. Also, most people in top ranks have good stats and theres lots of counters in 1v1 and 2v2

Stats are the prime reason why it's barely usable in the top ranks. While explosive resistance does cut Corrupt Light base damage significantly, Corrupt Light isn't about explosive damage (Dawnblaze exists for that "3-6 infinite use explosive weapon" role).Β 

A target with high resistances can still be taken out if their cooling isn't able to take the punishment or their cap is low enough to where they'll be struggling to fight back without overheating or shutting down in the process and losing valuable damage opportunities in the process.

However, with dual modules, mechs can have good stats, HP,Β  and resistances simultaneously, which are detriments to boilers as a whole since they aren't damage-based (their damage can be tanked easily), they can't resistance-break per shot (most boiler weapons do cap or cooling damage, which does absolutely nothing to lower target resistance), and targets with high heat stats can easily brush off the heat damage that they receive (rounded mechs with regular heat mods have decent heat stats but very moderate HP, so base damage from boiler attacks could actually kill them if they're heat-stunned enough; Heat Counters, on the other hand.. Yeah, boilers can't do anything to those things, even if the counter has regular mods).

So, Corrupt Light is usable but, like the other used-to-be-reliable-in-arena boiler weapons, dual mods made it obsolete as a standalone boiler weapon in the higher ranks.

10 hours ago, Spoon said:

yeah the only reason it works in lower ranks is because most of the lower ranks dont think about mods. Everything should be upgraded rather evenly yet for some reason thats not taken into consideration much

10 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

Lack of consideration or simply because the drop chances of E-M stat modules are lower than the drop chances of Nightfall for low level players.Β 

I mean, seriously, what's up with drop rates making those items rare to where you'll likely get your first E-M stat mod around the midway point of level 60 or 70, with that first E-M stat mod not being an engine or a booster but rather a Combined Storage Unit?Β Β 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success.Β 

I agree. Starting for the first time or starting a new account is awfully hard. the game gives crappy drops on a regular basis, let alone in rank 25-18. Lower ranks see dual corrupt light as an easy item to get that does a lot of heat damage, giving them the upper hand. people should just make dual malice instead since its such a good build