rank 5 lock  

17 members have voted

1. 1. does this need changed?

• Make this change
    • Leave as is
    • It needs a different change, let me tell you my idea below

On 5/21/2021 at 12:39 PM, STARWULPH said:

The rank 5 lock needs a revision

I suggest that it be changed to once you reach rank 4 then you cannot fall below rank 5

The lock keeps the best players from doing the sneaky move of dropping into ranks where they can't be defeated and preying on those in said ranks in order to get wins, so it's probably for the best that rank 5s don't get a chance to do that outside of 2v2 season matchmaking, which is a story of its own.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

13 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

The lock keeps the best players from doing the sneaky move of dropping into ranks where they can't be defeated and preying on those in said ranks in order to get wins, so it's probably for the best that rank 5s don't get a chance to do that outside of 2v2 season matchmaking, which is a story of its own.

You are actually making my point here.

As soon as you hit rank 5 you face a wall of smurfs from rank 1-2 who have 900 divine premiums, and your stuck in smurftown for the rest of the week. 

After 40 losses in a row, can't get yer daily's at all how do you feel? too bad yer stuck. just because you can reach R5 does not mean you can compete at R5.

Those smurfs would not be affected by the change, but all the players who suffer from this problem would get beaten back to rank 6 by the smurfs and be able to actually play naturally.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:48 PM, Dark conon mech said:

Yeah im tired of facing smurfs

I would argue that people smurf for reasons other than the rank 5 limit, even if they try unsuccessfully to blame it on the rank 5 limit.

I didn't decide to smurf after i got locked into rank 5 the first time.

In my own opinion, smurfing is an intentional unethical behavior.  Call it cowardice, pretending to be weak, sadism, delusions of grandeur, being controlling, or whatever you want, it's still intentional and dishonorable.

For example, known smurfs like Dewastator harm the game by annoying or demoralizing people. 

I don't think smurfs can blame their smurfing on the game.  But people who could be rank 5 aren't smurfing as hard as people like Dewastator if they avoid rank 5.  I don't see the "could be rank 5" smurfs as being that serious a problem.

And with how many people hate smurfs, why are we doing something "for" the smurfs?

OH and please (original poster) don't use "make votes public."  I'm not scared to vote, but some might not want to vote if their vote is public.  That way you're more likely to get a better vote result.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

14 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Dewastator

omg i fight dewahstator every fcking day and always lose (although there has been a few cases in which i almost win)

but im sick and tired of fighting him (i know as a fact that they are a male, i have talked to a younger sibling of theirs)

Edited by MasterChief (see edit history)

One Mech to rule them all

On 5/23/2021 at 9:09 AM, STARWULPH said:

You are actually making my point here.

As soon as you hit rank 5 you face a wall of smurfs from rank 1-2 who have 900 divine premiums, and your stuck in smurftown for the rest of the week. 

After 40 losses in a row, can't get yer daily's at all how do you feel? too bad yer stuck. just because you can reach R5 does not mean you can compete at R5.

Those smurfs would not be affected by the change, but all the players who suffer from this problem would get beaten back to rank 6 by the smurfs and be able to actually play naturally.

Yes, I started the season straight against an R1 me been R4 🙂 , When I play at low rank at R10 R9 the game match my R10-R9 mech test with L50 full mechs from R6 or no matter what full L50 even low HP against my epic, legend , myth mix. or pure epic legend L1 🙄

On 5/23/2021 at 6:34 PM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

That problem is related to matchmaking as a whole. It matches based of several factors but it somehow manages to come up with something like this as a "good match".

Screenshot_2021-05-12-17-26-01.jpg.9a7975d8b07a404a25928afb0231fe9c.jpg

Note: That was Nullification Falcon's second build. I was rank 9 full stars, too.

In other words, matchmaking needs a tweak or a fix.

matchmaking is 90% your torso and your legs
if both your torso and legs are max myth and you're above rank 10 then anything 3 ranks above or below you is usually free game

I polish rocks

Sure 🙄 eh L1 torso, epic legs L1 or Legend L1. hmm not just torso. the system compensate according modules, weapons and legs plus torsos. When I was low ranker every time I added a level in heat module or energy or else the game added harder and more hp above me. By the way, they game 85% with whom O play in my top match are normally 300 + above my mechs and every time I add more hp then set me up against higher to keep me low and losing even I do not care to lose fights but it is reality against my accounts including position, starting and floor mats positions against normally . 😏

image.png.ac25b4d1c81e1a2dab1c40f608b0ac32.png

On 5/24/2021 at 3:01 AM, MasterChief said:

omg i fight dewahstator every fcking day and always lose (although there has been a few cases in which i almost win)

but im sick and tired of fighting him (i know as a fact that they are a male, i have talked to a younger sibling of theirs)

He quit in some battle(only with weak player)

But if ur very strong, even rank 5 can get beat easily by him

I guess

On 5/24/2021 at 2:50 AM, SawzAll said:

I would argue that people smurf for reasons other than the rank 5 limit, even if they try unsuccessfully to blame it on the rank 5 limit.

I didn't decide to smurf after i got locked into rank 5 the first time.

In my own opinion, smurfing is an intentional unethical behavior.  Call it cowardice, pretending to be weak, sadism, delusions of grandeur, being controlling, or whatever you want, it's still intentional and dishonorable.

For example, known smurfs like Dewastator harm the game by annoying or demoralizing people. 

I don't think smurfs can blame their smurfing on the game.  But people who could be rank 5 aren't smurfing as hard as people like Dewastator if they avoid rank 5.  I don't see the "could be rank 5" smurfs as being that serious a problem.

And with how many people hate smurfs, why are we doing something "for" the smurfs?

OH and please (original poster) don't use "make votes public."  I'm not scared to vote, but some might not want to vote if their vote is public.  That way you're more likely to get a better vote result.

He doesn't dude, then why he only quit when vs me( im scared him a lot lol) 

,this topic will be 50/50 because player when get rank 5 likes fight with r6-7 and r7-6 hates fight r5, :v

what did you guys think huh? Lock it then fight against rank 1?

Hcaptcha scam

7 hours ago, Soviet Union mech said:

He doesn't dude, then why he only quit when vs me( im scared him a lot lol) 

,this topic will be 50/50 because player when get rank 5 likes fight with r6-7 and r7-6 hates fight r5, :v

what did you guys think huh? Lock it then fight against rank 1?

I don't know if I can agree.  When I encounter him, he's rank 7-9.  I never encounter him at rank 5 or higher.  I think this person's behavior is intentional.  If I remember correctly, I would encounter him before I first made rank 5 and then a few times after I made rank 5 (because I would fall back to rank 7 after the season and have to climb back to rank 5).  I've never encountered him at rank 5 or higher.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

I don't know if I can agree.  When I encounter him, he's rank 7-9.  I never encounter him at rank 5 or higher.  I think this person's behavior is intentional.  If I remember correctly, I would encounter him before I first made rank 5 and then a few times after I made rank 5 (because I would fall back to rank 7 after the season and have to climb back to rank 5).  I've never encountered him at rank 5 or higher.

I never encountered him but I can destroy his physical mech before get lose by energy

Now I can encounter him but HE'S FCKING KILLER EVEN PLAYER WHO IS RANK 3 CAN LOSE HIM

Hcaptcha scam

52 minutes ago, Soviet Union mech said:

I never encountered him but I can destroy his physical mech before get lose by energy

Now I can encounter him but HE'S FCKING KILLER EVEN PLAYER WHO IS RANK 3 CAN LOSE HIM

I bet you would still lose to him, he is also a well known smurf, at least for what I’ve heard.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime