2v2 is filled with counters

2v2 is unbearable and filled with counters. Its the most cancerous season, but why is that? because we are able to pick the mechs that we want after seeing our opponent's mechs. in 1v1 and 3v3 we cant change the layout to counter the other person but in 2v2 we can. I recommend that we remove the option to pick and choose the mech we want to send in battle. So the first two mechs you have, are the ones that are going to the battle. So it will be much harder for people to counter there opponents. 

Or in my opinion give people the option to run what kind of battles they want, like why do you people above rank 5 have to run certain battles? I still think the old way was better, if you want to do 1v1 only, you can, if you want to do 2v2 only, go ahead, but I also agree you shouldn't be able to change the layout, make it set if you're doing 2v2, the first two mechs are what get used.

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

15 hours ago, firewater789 said:

2v2 is unbearable and filled with counters. Its the most cancerous season, but why is that? because we are able to pick the mechs that we want after seeing our opponent's mechs. in 1v1 and 3v3 we cant change the layout to counter the other person but in 2v2 we can. I recommend that we remove the option to pick and choose the mech we want to send in battle. So the first two mechs you have, are the ones that are going to the battle. So it will be much harder for people to counter there opponents. 

I guess you are losing too much using energy drainage or over heat!.... That is a complaint. Make better build for 2v2.  Have a 2v2 team. 

Edited by JamAnime (see edit history)

3 hours ago, JamAnime said:

I guess you are losing too much using energy drainage or over heat!.... That is a complaint. Make better build for 2v2.  Have a 2v2 team. 

i can easily run a counter and be over with it, but what's the point. its not fun to counter or to get countered.

4 hours ago, Turtle said:

Or in my opinion give people the option to run what kind of battles they want, like why do you people above rank 5 have to run certain battles? I still think the old way was better, if you want to do 1v1 only, you can, if you want to do 2v2 only, go ahead, but I also agree you shouldn't be able to change the layout, make it set if you're doing 2v2, the first two mechs are what get used.

we are not able to pick and choose if we want to do 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 because the wait time to find a match will be over an hour

1 minute ago, firewater789 said:

we are not able to pick and choose if we want to do 1v1, 2v2, 3v3

I understand this, I just think it's sort of dumb. I actually think this shouldn't be incorporated until rank 3. Some rank 5s finally get there one season then have to sit out an entire week because their third mech is not ready to be hammered by the force that is known as top players.

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

15 hours ago, firewater789 said:

we are not able to pick and choose if we want to do 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 because the wait time to find a match will be over an hour

Turtle, firewater hit it on the nail on that explanation.

15 hours ago, Turtle said:

I understand this, I just think it's sort of dumb. I actually think this shouldn't be incorporated until rank 3.

As firewater explained it, rank 1 wait time is ridiculously long because there aren’t that many rank 1 players. So, Tacticsoft lowered the matchmaking down to rank 5 to make the wait time more tolerable for rank 1 players.

15 hours ago, Turtle said:

Some rank 5s finally get there one season then have to sit out an entire week because their third mech is not ready to be hammered by the force that is known as top players.

Then, those players aren’t ready for rank 5 during 3v3 season. They need to step down in rank.

In anticipation for 3v3, that’s why I worked on 3 mechs simultaneously from the very beginning.

Ah, the good old days of rank 6. I miss it dearly.  😘

Edited by rc (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

I like being able to pick. This is a low skill game where basically whoever played the longest/paid the most wins. Picking what mech to use against your opponent is one of the few places you can use strategy to win against someone who has played longer/paid more than you. Nothing feels better than beating a fully upgraded myth mech with my myth torso but legendary weapons and legs just by seeing their build and exploiting their weakness.