Increasing Rewards for Top Players

WarrMachine

This thread is a copy paste of a reply I made back on the old forum, on a thread about helping SuperMechs improve. You can find the original post here, at least until the old forum dies. I've gone back through the post and believe all the ideas have stood the test of time, so I'm reposting it here. Thanks in advance for reading.
___

In my opinion, one of the best ways to improve the player experience while increasing retention and revenue is to greatly increase the reward for top clans and players. Below I’ll elaborate a list of changes that will provide incentive for everyone to keep playing and paying. First off and most importantly, provide the top 6 clans with rewards instead of the top 3. It’s always baffled me that the top 6 clans get recognized in game but only the top 3 get rewarded. Increased reward range to top 6 offer huge incentive for a wide variety of clans (which encapsulate a larger margin of the p2w playerbase) to play and spend more to get better at the game.

Top 3 clan rewards changed to the following:

• 1st - 3 Epic Power kits and 5 Premium boxes ( + Gold Clan Medal)
  • 2nd - 3 Epic Power kits and 4 Premium boxes ( + Silver Clan Medal)
  • 3rd - 3 Epic Power kits and 3 Premium boxes ( + Bronze Clan Medal)

4th, 5th, and 6th placed clan rewards get added as follows:

• 4th - 2 Epic Power kits and 2 Premium boxes
  • 5th - 2 Epic Power kits and 1 Premium box
  • 6th - 1 Epic Power kit and 1 Premium box

This offers at least some incentive for lower ranked clans to grind their way up and have a chance at some rewards, as opposed to getting top 6 for nothing. I’d also like to see increased rewards for the top 3 players, as the gold rewards seem a little low given how much gold it actually takes to upgrade items. Top 10 players rewards are also added as follows.

Top 3 player rewards changed to the following:

• 1st - 5,000,000 Gold ( + Gold Solo Medal)
  • 2nd - 2,500,000 Gold ( + Silver Solo Medal)
  • 3rd - 1,500,000 Gold ( + Bronze Solo Medal)

4th through 10th player rewards get added as follows:

• 4th and 5th - 1,000,000 Gold
  • 6th through 10th - 500,000 Gold

It’s really that simple. I’ve come across a lot of players who are in this position of ‘good, but not great’ and have diminishing incentive to play the game. It’s somewhat depressing watching their efforts go to waste without any reward, and no chance to break into the top 3 clans/players. You don’t even have to increase the drop rates for these rewards to provide a huge incentive, although I’m sure we’d all appreciate it if a ‘% chance of a L-M item not currently in inventory’ feature was added. Just my 2 cents.

What?? This has to be a joke....

We have a major problem for a "top player" who was benefited with a private agreement to divinized his main account and his alts and you want to improve the rewards to the "tops" ... please!

Do you really think this encourages the game and is good marketing? This only increases the rift between the elite and everyone else. It´s a way of eternalizing them always on the first positions. With this method of giving the best rewards to the top is that Lyll managed to be for years on the first place. Do you really want to go back to that?

Do you think that only paying players keep the game? Those who keep the game are the f2p who peel their asses watching ads, which is a constant inflow of money. The payer is there today and tomorrow is unknown.

On the contrary, what needs to be done is to improve the rewards of low ranks, so that the f2p player and the noob dont leave the game and so that the p2w has an incentive not to rest on its laurels.

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

4 hours ago, Nefertary Meriten-Mut said:

What?? This has to be a joke....

We have a major problem for a "top player" who was benefited with a private agreement to divinized his main account and his alts and you want to improve the rewards to the "tops" ... please!

Do you really think this encourages the game and is good marketing? This only increases the rift between the elite and everyone else. It´s a way of eternalizing them always on the first positions. With this method of giving the best rewards to the top is that Lyll managed to be for years on the first place. Do you really want to go back to that?

Do you think that only paying players keep the game? Those who keep the game are the f2p who peel their asses watching ads, which is a constant inflow of money. The payer is there today and tomorrow is unknown.

On the contrary, what needs to be done is to improve the rewards of low ranks, so that the f2p player and the noob dont leave the game and so that the p2w has an incentive not to rest on its laurels.

The top three clans are on a different scale compared to the rest. no one can mess with them and get in there way. The only way we can try to balance out the power is to give more clans rewards. Maybe after the top 6, the top 25 clans get something and so on. 

WarrMachine,

I agree with the spirit of what you're saying but my issue with this is this would be another reason for some of the top players to "boost" their friends to help get medals/rewards. We all know someone who has done it/does it.

Brought to you by asshats to reelect AssClown to the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

or instead of this "rich get richer" idea, why not give every clan a premium box per week regardless of their finishing place and have just power kits as the distinguishing factor between the placements?

ex. top 10 gets a max legendary power kit, 11-50 a level 20 legendary power kit, 51-100 a level 1 power kit, 101-250 a level 15 epic kit, 251-1000 a level 1 epic kit, etc etc

resident shelf sitter

On 3/4/2021 at 7:54 AM, trophy435 said:

or instead of this "rich get richer" idea, why not give every clan a premium box per week regardless of their finishing place and have just power kits as the distinguishing factor between the placements?

ex. top 10 gets a max legendary power kit, 11-50 a level 20 legendary power kit, 51-100 a level 1 power kit, 101-250 a level 15 epic kit, 251-1000 a level 1 epic kit, etc etc

Functional and logical but why the f**k would alex implement that, it only loses him money!

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout