New item request: Energy Voltage Reducer

SawzAll

Should we add an energy version of Vandal Rage?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add an energy version of Vandal Rage?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Do you like the proposed stats?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Should an electric Vandal Rage do as much damage as proposed? Less? More?

• Should do more damage than the proposal
    • The proposal is good
    • Should do less damage than proposed.

This poll is closed to new votes

I am being told there is already a sprite for an energy version of Vandal Rage, so I propose this new item.  This was Stefix5000's idea from the discord.....

Possible names: Rogue Anger, Ice Dagger, Electric Fence (lol), Electric Blue (tribute to The Cranberries), Proton Ax (tribute to Wasteland DOS game), Proton Knife, etc.  Reply if you have a better idea for a name.

EDIT: due to "VR" being stamped on the side, probably Valiant Rancor should be the name, or something that has the initials V.R.

My proposed stats:

Weight: 41 kg

Electric Damage: 161-211

Energy Damage (drain): 50

Regen Damage: 80 or 90

Energy Resistance Drain: 22

Range: 4-5

Pushback: 1

Uses: 1

Energy cost: 25

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

It's a good idea... But what about the threat that Valiant Sniper poses against it? It's gonna be a 4-5 range weapon with 1 knockback, so it's gonna have to compete against Valiant... That, and people will be more drawn to Valiant's high drain and 2 uses for only 31 energy cost.

Would the item be positively be received like the standard Valiant Rage upon being released as a tool usable by pure and hardcore drainers?

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

• 3 weeks later...

Like I said, the sprite already exists.  Thanks, @Raul for your help today!

This config fought the META boiler config (see that thread) and was able to survive thanks to the energy Vandal Rage (I'm calling it Ice Dagger temporarily).  I would strongly recommend this new item get introduced to help level the playing field for energy. 

image.thumb.png.ab56282f763862e509f988e5709300e9.png

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

Like I said, the sprite already exists.  Thanks, @Raul for your help today!

This config fought the META boiler config (see that thread) and was able to survive thanks to the energy Vandal Rage (I'm calling it Ice Dagger temporarily).  I would strongly recommend this new item get introduced to help level the playing field for energy. 

image.thumb.png.ab56282f763862e509f988e5709300e9.png

I think ice dagger would be more likely to be a short range weapon, even though you can throw daggers

I guess it would be a nice L-M

What about "depression shot" 😄

23 minutes ago, TheLord said:

No, it's weak really needs more regen damage

But still good idea, thats why I give my opinion about it

Agreed, with ppl having 600 cap and 350 or 400 regen, it woudln't do much

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

2 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

Honestly, while it's a good idea, it's pointless. No one would use this, when vandal already does everythign thsi woudl.

You don't know the future, so how can you say "no one would use this"?

And if you think vandal does everything this would, then you didn't read the stats/topic.  This is a proposed energy version.

Everyone I know who has tested it in WU so far has said it would be great.  But feel free to vote however you think you should.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

Just now, SawzAll said:

You don't know the future, so how can you say "no one would use this"?

And if you think vandal does everything this would, then you didn't read the stats/topic.  This is a proposed energy version.

Sry meant valiant my bad haha did I seriously write vandal hahaha. I can't predict the future, but I can use facts to attempt to, and this item would be pointless, since in energy it's a race to get energy to 0, not to get regen to 0, since by the time you sue this weapon you've wasted a turn, by which time you've been energy broken.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

42 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

Sry meant valiant my bad haha did I seriously write vandal hahaha. I can't predict the future, but I can use facts to attempt to, and this item would be pointless, since in energy it's a race to get energy to 0, not to get regen to 0, since by the time you sue this weapon you've wasted a turn, by which time you've been energy broken.

It's not a valiant either.  Valiant does mainly energy damage.  This would do mainly regen damage, similar to how you usually don't overheat people with vandal rage.  Mainly what you're doing is damaging (with vandal) their cooling so they have a harder time preventing you from shutting them down.

20 minutes ago, Shoultz262 said:

Like what he said above, unless they make it ridiculously powerful by doing like 100+ regen dmg, it won't work. Might as well not have a energy vandal rage since it's pointless because of this. Also, not everything needs a different element counterpart.

If you want, hit me up on discord, I can give you the WU config.  I found it to be surprisingly effective, but I'd like more people to test it and tell me if it needs to be stronger or weaker.

1 hour ago, Tirreggregars said:

Agreed, with ppl having 600 cap and 350 or 400 regen, it woudln't do much

no dude, don't murder us 

Ice Dagger + Valiant 
Ice Dagger + Bunker
Ice Dagger + EMP (both overloaded and normal)

These are really strong combos, Even if y'all wanna buff it don't make it past 60 regen damage

Just now, SawzAll said:

It's not a valiant either.  Valiant does mainly energy damage.  This would do mainly regen damage, similar to how you usually don't overheat people with vandal rage.  Mainly what you're doing is damaging (with vandal) their cooling so they have a harder time preventing you from shutting them down.

If you want, hit me up on discord, I can give you the WU config.  I found it to be surprisingly effective, but I'd like more people to test it and tell me if it needs to be stronger or weaker.

Yes, but val deals regen, res and eng damage, with low cost and low damage. the difference being, in the turn u use the energy vandal, the opponent automatically regens, whilst while you sue a vandal, they dont automatically cool, adn r forced to use an action point if they wish to. With something like 70 regen damage it would be op at lower rnaks and still shit at top. It generally wouldn't work

Just now, Ad1tya said:

no dude, don't murder us 

Ice Dagger + Valiant 
Ice Dagger + Bunker
Ice Dagger + EMP (both overloaded and normal)

These are really strong combos, Even if y'all wanna buff it don't make it past 60 regen damage

still val works better in all those combos.

Generally, it is too broken at lower ranks, and weak at top, it shouldn't be made!

13 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

Yes, but val deals regen, res and eng damage, with low cost and low damage. the difference being, in the turn u use the energy vandal, the opponent automatically regens, whilst while you sue a vandal, they dont automatically cool, adn r forced to use an action point if they wish to. With something like 70 regen damage it would be op at lower rnaks and still shit at top. It generally wouldn't work

But you're not comparing them equally.  Valiant Sniper doesn't do very much regen damage at all.

image.png.945289977a9f24683d45bcd4fb94acb5.png

(Arena buffs are off).  As you can see, Valiant Sniper is much more about doing energy damage.  (I'm only temporarily calling it Ice Dagger: we can change the name, I don't mind.)

Clearly Ice Dagger is more about regen damage and resistance, just like Vandal.  For example:

image.png.78a0b86e50e072a97d5959ad81281289.png

I have both of these weapons on my heat boiler mech right now.  Vandal isn't about doing tons of heat damage, and it's only one shot.  Its job is sort of like a resistance drainer to armor, but instead it "tenderizes" my enemy by reducing their cooling.

That's what my proposal is for: a weapon that is one shot that "tenderizes" your enemy by reducing their regen.

You wouldn't want to go into battle with two Ice Daggers any more than you would want to go into battle with two Vandal Rages, at least in my opinion.

That's why Vandal + Savagery is a thing.

That's why the META boiler has a Vandal Rage, but only one of them.

That's why I think Ice Dagger would be a good idea.

Feel free to disagree with me, but I need to ask: have you even attempted to test this?

If not, feel free to hit me up on the official discord, I can send you the WU config so you can play with it.

• SawzAll changed the title to New item request: Energy Valiant Rancor
3 hours ago, SawzAll said:

But you're not comparing them equally.  Valiant Sniper doesn't do very much regen damage at all.

image.png.945289977a9f24683d45bcd4fb94acb5.png

(Arena buffs are off).  As you can see, Valiant Sniper is much more about doing energy damage.  (I'm only temporarily calling it Ice Dagger: we can change the name, I don't mind.)

Clearly Ice Dagger is more about regen damage and resistance, just like Vandal.  For example:

image.png.78a0b86e50e072a97d5959ad81281289.png

I have both of these weapons on my heat boiler mech right now.  Vandal isn't about doing tons of heat damage, and it's only one shot.  Its job is sort of like a resistance drainer to armor, but instead it "tenderizes" my enemy by reducing their cooling.

That's what my proposal is for: a weapon that is one shot that "tenderizes" your enemy by reducing their regen.

You wouldn't want to go into battle with two Ice Daggers any more than you would want to go into battle with two Vandal Rages, at least in my opinion.

That's why Vandal + Savagery is a thing.

That's why the META boiler has a Vandal Rage, but only one of them.

That's why I think Ice Dagger would be a good idea.

Feel free to disagree with me, but I need to ask: have you even attempted to test this?

If not, feel free to hit me up on the official discord, I can send you the WU config so you can play with it.

Yes, but energy and heat are different, same reason it is possible to run a build with 70 regen and 800 cap. Because you do not miss a turn and you do not have to waste action points if you get broken. Energy is about quickly depleting the energy supply, not destroying the regen, you do not have time for that.

1 hour ago, Tirreggregars said:

Yes, but energy and heat are different, same reason it is possible to run a build with 70 regen and 800 cap. Because you do not miss a turn and you do not have to waste action points if you get broken. Energy is about quickly depleting the energy supply, not destroying the regen, you do not have time for that.

I know they're different but I still think it could work, and I have others who agree with me.

So please stop telling me it can't work.  It can.  Tell me how to make it work.

One recommendation I got so far is to increase regen damage to 90.