Every Free Armor: use or food?

SawzAll

Question

So I have an energy free armor. My physical mech has a Zarkares. I have two legendary level 1 desolations and a mythical annihilation and a level 1 epic annihilation.

Is it worth using this torso for a physical mech build with the typical annihilation, Nightfall, night eagle, etc?

Or should it be food to upgrade my Tonto to mythical?

Currently my heat hech is using a level 38 mythical Zarkares.

Screenshot_20201229-160905_Super Mechs.jpg

Screenshot_20201229-161142_Super Mechs.jpg

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

7 answers to this question

Firstly, no. You should not use that torso for your aforementioned builds - stick with Zarkares. 

However, that does not give you the "go signal" to food it. The Energy Free Armor is one of the top tier torsos in this game at the moment, right after the Monkeys. So please, keep it and DO NOT FOOD IT. 

It is very lightweight, has really good HP, and all-round resistance. The catch is though, is it literally doesn't have any energy. The best way to make use of this is running energy free heat mechs (i.e. Magma Blasts with Burning Showers). That's its only downside, very particular builds. 

Although if you want, you could run a Dual Desolation mech - F2P friendliest build you could do. 

I'll leave you these two useful tips: Don't food it and don't put energy modules on it. 

Good luck, pilot! 

• Administrators

It's a super nitch item, only works for very specific builds, but still worth keeping since it's a premium item, and balance changes are comming too, to it can suddenly turn into a great item.

Probably an immediate good replacement for Zarkares too.

Off-beat heat mechs ™image.png Spitfire

Thanks everyone for responding. I ran several simulations in workshop unlimited comparing hollow spectral armor to energy -free armor. Because energy free has better heat statistics and is lighter in weight I found that I was able to just put another Platinum armor module on my physical mech and it would usually be either equal or slightly better than fighting it against the same physical mech but with Holo spectral armor.

So for now I'm going to build some generic legendary items and when I have enough I'm going to upgrade the energy free and then turn it into mythical and use it temporarily in my physical mech because it is technically better than Zarkares.

that way if I get a monkey torso later I can save this armor for an energy free build. But I found that if I just stack the heat and energy modules slightly differently this torso seems to work out good on paper and in WU.

the only person I saw in the top 10 that was using energy free armor was using it as an energy free heat build. I think that it's possible that if I build it right I could do an energy free heat hugger or close to it.

Edited by SawzAll
Spelling (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html