The difference between the normal and the silver boxes.

iSwarky

Buffing silver boxes   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should silver boxes get a buff in the ways i mentioned?

• Yes, it would be nice
    • Maybe, not sure if its necessary.
    • No, silver boxes are good by itself.
    • Yes, it can be buffed but like this: ... (tell us in the replies)

Yesterday, i opened 3 silver boxes to get 9 commons.

After that, i opened 11 normal boxes and got 4 epics in a row. (what are the chances of that actually lmao)

But it kinda disappoints me that the silver boxes are just normal boxes with a different look. So i made this topic

Just imagine for a second, what if the silver boxes were replaced with normal boxes? It wouldnt be a big of a difference right? 

What im trying to say it, silver boxes are THE EXACT SAME of normal boxes. Just the image is cooler. 

If silver box was actually special by itself and wasnt the same as a normal box, the drops would have been better. It would be different than the normal box.

This raises the question. What can we do to increase the value of silver boxes?

Well we can:

-Make them only drop rare and epic items.

-Make normal boxes not drop epic (kinda bad option but still makes silver boxel special.)

-Make silver boxes' epic chance higher.

-Make silver boxes drop legendaries with a very low chance. (Idk if this is good.)

Should silver boxes get a buff? Let me know in the replies.

Important side note: Yes, i know you can buy them from the shop its the only "difference" between it. What im trying to say is, you are basically buying normal boxes without doing campaigns. The drops are the exact same.

Edited by iSwarky (see edit history)

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

But, but but - silver boxes ar an ambrosial delight well worthy of disabling base for, and posting topics about how requests to disable base aren't being actioned.  Something as wonderful as that surely can't need buffing.  In fact, if they're that good, they need nerfing.

3 hours ago, iSwarky said:

After that, i opened 11 normal boxes and got 4 epics in a row. (what are the chances of that actually lmao)

But it kinda disappoints me that the silver boxes are just normal boxes with a different look. So i made this topic

Just imagine for a second, what if the silver boxes were replaced with normal boxes? It wouldnt be a big of a difference right? 

What im trying to say it, silver boxes are THE EXACT SAME of normal boxes. Just the image is cooler. 

If silver box was actually special by itself and wasnt the same as a normal box, the drops would have been better. It would be different than the normal box.

Well we can:

-Make normal boxes not drop epic (kinda bad option but still makes silver boxel special.)

-Make silver boxes drop legendaries with a very low chance. (Idk if this is good.)

Important side note: Yes, i know you can buy them from the shop its the only "difference" between it. What im trying to say is, you are basically buying normal boxes without doing campaigns. The drops are the exact same.

Silver Boxes need to be change, especially for base users. Once you apply base, you don't get them anymore, except when the day arrives to receive them on your day reward.  So, it should only be epic-myth. No point of getting them, when they are trash for base users.

Just now, Tigergeezer said:

But, but but - silver boxes ar an ambrosial delight well worthy of disabling base for, and posting topics about how requests to disable base aren't being actioned.  Something as wonderful as that surely can't need buffing.  In fact, if they're that good, they need nerfing.

I knew a reply like this was coming... IT IS NOT. About the fact that you can BUY them. IT IS THE FACT that the drops are the exact same of normal boxes. You are basically buying normal boxes when you are buying silver boxes.

3 hours ago, iSwarky said:

I knew a reply like this was coming... IT IS NOT. About the fact that you can BUY them. IT IS THE FACT that the drops are the exact same of normal boxes. You are basically buying normal boxes when you are buying silver boxes.

Yeah, but the second a noob see's that silver boxes where buffed and the non-buffed version was better than than base then they are probably going to think that silver boxes are better then base.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

3 hours ago, Spam said:

Yeah, but the second a noob see's that silver boxes where buffed and the non-buffed version was better than than base then they are probably going to think that silver boxes are better then base.

If they just take their time and read like 5 forum posts, they can easily understand that base is better than silver boxes.

23 hours ago, iSwarky said:

I didn't think I needed to put SARC in big letters.  Hey ho.  

On 9/3/2021 at 1:48 PM, iSwarky said:

Well we can:

Note: Skip to the bottom if you want the TL;DR of the text wall that's directly below this note. Yes, it's a text wall and don't say I didn't warn you about the fact that this is a text wall.

Silver boxes are a genuine method for obtaining upgrade food just the way they currently are. Before you ask as to why I say that, it's because silver boxes come at a price of 6,500 gold and can be purchased in bulks of 5 for 32,500 gold.

That may seem like a lot to pay for a box that'll drop 2-3 items at once with a small chance for epics but keep in mind that silver box drops are immediate and don't require a wait period to get the rewards (like common crafting in base, which takes 30 minutes to craft a single common but it's more cost efficient since you can get 3 commons for 3,000 gold instead of 3 commons for 6,500 gold) and you only have to grind for gold needed to buy the boxes (unlike mix boxes, which you either have to wait 6 hours for in regards to the free box option of the box shop, or have to grind missions for in order to get, which consumes a lot of fuel and is time-consuming to collect enough food that way).

Yes, silver boxes may seem like they're no better than mix boxes but they're a type of mix box that you can simply just buy without working or waiting for. Not only that, silver boxes aren't designed to be used as a source for epic items only (we have premium boxes, rank 10+ boxes, fortune boxes, and premium packs for that sort of thing), so they don't need a buff when they're useful for getting food items immediately. Besides, they're cheap because of that and buffing them would mean that the price for silver boxes would have to be increased, which would make it less enticing to use silver boxes over base in terms of pricing for common items and such.

I apologize for having to write a text wall like this but I felt like getting into detail with this subject so it didn't seem like I was "pro-base" or "pro-silver box" and was simply trying to be biased (both sides have their ups and downs; one is short-term and the other is long-term).

Though, base is honestly something worth investing in only if you're able to get a steady supply of coins from mission grinds (if you still have silver boxes, I suggest you keep the boxes until you're able to, at least, consistently farm Overlord's Den 8 - Bigboy on Hard or Insane since gold payment per run is much better than OD-8 on Normal).

I would continue in detail with that but I'll just end the post here so it doesn't become any longer than what it already is. I hope this helps and answers some doubts/questions.

TL;DR - Silver Boxes don't need a buff, they're good because they're cheap to buy (being the only gold-purchasable box in the game and all), reliable for upgrade food, immediately available, and provide immediate rewards without waiting times or effort in repetitive grinding to get. Also, don't give the 6,500 gold price boxes a chance for legendaries.. Just.. Don't.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Same drops but you can watch an ad to get R-E card when u open a silver box

Also it was exist on legacy SM.. Siver boxes costs less tokens that can drops rare, epics, legy and myth items but were useless all prefer golden boxes (aka premium packs now) 

Side note : getting a myth item on legacy = getting legendary now

Edited by Mr Lord (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Mr Lord said:

Same drops but you can watch an ad to get R-E card when u open a silver box

Also it was exist on legacy SM.. Siver boxes costs less tokens that can drops rare, epics, legy and myth items but were useless all prefer golden boxes (aka premium packs now) 

Side note : getting a myth item on legacy = getting legendary now

Note #2: My bad for the text wall, I got too invested in the post as I typed it, so I ended up making it into this. Another TL;DR will be provided, don't worry.

Yeah, the box system was much more different back then, especially when "item boxes" (basically like the free mix boxes we have now but they were purchasable with gold if you didn't want to wait for free boxes) had a rare chance to drop a legendary item.

Though, legacy had a lot more items than what Reloaded currently has, especially when it came to how all items had  "transformed" variants that were treated as entirely separate entities from the base item, which forced you to throw away an item once you got a better version of it since you couldn't transform it to a better state like you can do now. That, and every better item in the game had some sort of drawback to ground its benefits like, for example:

The Galaxius Models - Had good stats, good HP, had 6 resistance for their respective element, and could be used on a lot of builds despite being legendary torsos but at the cost of being slightly above 400kg in weight, not having any resistances outside of their respective element, and were hard to get because of RNG and the simple fact that legacy had so many legendary items that even betting your life on a legendary drop being the item that you want was an unspeakably and extraordinarily bad idea 

Reloaded, on the other hand, has less items overall than legacy but we didn't have "transforming", "divining", and "premium" items back then, so reloaded legendary items can be held onto for longer and even kept for a seriously long time if it was mythable or a premium item. Due to that, it would make sense that it would be harder to get legendary items from legendary-capable sources in order to keep players from simply breezing through the game just by getting premium legendaries from mix boxes because they got lucky.

That, and we also have deals, arena boxes, and fortune boxes that add onto the legacy-like legendary drop sources that we already have, so, if there was a nerf in legendary drop rates at any point after legacy, it would've likely been done to counteract the increase of legendary item sources.

So, yeah.. Mix boxes being turned back into item boxes, when things are much more different from what they were like back in legacy, is a pretty bad idea, at least to me, that is.

TL;DR: Legacy and reloaded work differently, so mix boxes/silver boxes shouldn't be turned back into item boxes and silver boxes from legacy. The way things are working now wouldn't exactly benefit if those boxes were dropping legendaries, especially when new accounts have base integrated into them upon creation and when plenty of existing former silver box users (myself, included) have already begun to invest into base or have invested a lot of time and work into base to get it to a high level where it can start producing epic/legendary cards. Simply having basic boxes with legendary drop chances would undermine the idea of having/investing in base.

Welp, even the TL;DR is long.. So, to put it simply if you don't want to read the TL;DR either:

Legendary from mix box and silver box bad = bad idea if no changes are made to compensate but they wouldn't be "basic boxes" if they were changed as compensation for the added legendary drop chance.

(This was a reply and yet it somehow managed to be just as long as my original post. I'm either too invested in explanations or I'm just too good at making text walls to the point that it might just be an unhealthy habit.) 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 2:56 AM, iSwarky said:

If they just take their time and read like 5 forum posts, they can easily understand that base is better than silver boxes.

Yes, but people are quite stubborn.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

• Administrators

I asked Sarah in the old forum what's the difference and according to her, the devs said silver boxes have slightly better drop rates than mixes.

And even though mixes have an atomical chance of dropping a legendary, you're lucky to get one legendary from a mix per year, so it's not smart to expect it.

Off-beat heat mechs ™image.png Spitfire

5 hours ago, Raul said:

And even though mixes have an atomical chance of dropping a legendary, you're lucky to get one legendary from a mix per year, so it's not smart to expect it.

Is that referring to mix boxes that are specifically tied to events/portals or the everyday kind of mix boxes?