Energy weapon is not balanced in lower rank?

Exquisite Phosphorus

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Exquisite Phosphorus said:

I don't know how you guys play but energy mechs is not balanced in lower rank. They make your heat and phys mech that use energy look like a piece of shit. I am really tired of quitting battles because I can't win, so I decided to quit and go back to playing war robots(LoL).

I do understand your concern but it is about progress. Now, all depend of your mech set up till now. Sure malice can harm and hot flash at low ranks even at high ranks and I suffered the same back in my early play times.  If you have to go as counter to fight phys and heat then go for it till can get better set up.  I played and still playing balanced never played counter till today but can be a solution and there is no shame for it. It is game strategy and resources availability. 

Also, match maker it does abuse sometimes and I have same issue at high rank big time against my set ups. You are not the only suffering due to top rankers also many of them have the same issues trying to move up and unable to do it and stuck with same players that harm more their mechs or position to start including floor mats. 

20 hours ago, Exquisite Phosphorus said:

I don't know how you guys play but energy mechs is not balanced in lower rank. They make your heat and phys mech that use energy look like a piece of shit. I am really tired of quitting battles because I can't win, so I decided to quit and go back to playing war robots(LoL).

Yeah energy is really op in lower to mid ranks and it was also op in low to mid ranks before it got buffed, lately I've been having trouble against dual malice build even with 430 energy cap and 180 regen using my physical mech. 

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

1 hour ago, Spam said:

Yeah energy is really op in lower to mid ranks and it was also op in low to mid ranks before it got buffed, lately I've been having trouble against dual malice build even with 430 energy cap and 180 regen using my physical mech. 

Before buff and my other mechs used to be like that. The buff is compensating a bit against new modules. Before new modules malice was a pain with old modules against my mechs so I had to go and use Mercy even so with EMP was hard to get wins. 

I think it does affect more at lower rank due to they do not have new modules generally speaking

23 hours ago, Exquisite Phosphorus said:

well, here's the thing. you can't have your cake and eat it [too]. 

energy builds are a pain in the ass in low ranks, but as you get higher, they become less of a pain. still a pain, but not as much. most people in mid ranks thinks energy is weak... because it is somewhat is against all the boilers and dual frantic. 

from my personal experience after playing for like 5 years... is that energy premiums don't drop as often as heat or phys premiums. which means, if you want to build a good looking and functional energy mech for higher ranks, it'll take a lot more work than ... say a phys mech or heat mech. also, i'm not trying to say that dual malice is bad.... it's just, you don't get that golden glow whenever you attack. 

Edited by AftoKrator (see edit history)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

7 hours ago, Spam said:

I'm trying to make my physical mech as energy-free as possible for that reason (it's maxed EMPs that are the  real problem for me).  

On 31.08.2021 at 08:48, Exquisite Phosphorus said:

Я не знаю, как вы играете, но энергетические мехи не сбалансированы на более низком уровне. Из-за них ваше тепло и физический мех, использующий энергию, выглядят как кусок дерьма. Я действительно устал бросать битвы, потому что не могу победить, поэтому решил бросить и вернуться к игре в боевых роботов (LoL).

12 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

well, here's the thing. you can't have your cake and eat it [too]. 

energy builds are a pain in the ass in low ranks, but as you get higher, they become less of a pain. still a pain, but not as much. most people in mid ranks thinks energy is weak... because it is somewhat is against all the boilers and dual frantic. 

from my personal experience after playing for like 5 years... is that energy premiums don't drop as often as heat or phys premiums. which means, if you want to build a good looking and functional energy mech for higher ranks, it'll take a lot more work than ... say a phys mech or heat mech. also, i'm not trying to say that dual malice is bad.... it's just, you don't get that golden glow whenever you attack. 

Weird I only get energy premiums.

image.png.a7dc2806a86b9a9dcd26963187c52df4.png

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

On 8/31/2021 at 9:48 AM, Exquisite Phosphorus said:

"Dude I'm bad at this game it's all your fault so I quit"