• Leave the Modules (dual and single) as they are
    • Nerf the Dual Modules as Described
    • Buff the Dual Modules
    • Leave them as they are
    • Nerf in Another Way
    • Nerf the Single Modules as Described
    • Leave them as tehy are
    • Nerf in Another Way

I admit I dont understand what you mean .

What I was assuming was to make a filter and get rid of counters from arena which  ruins the 80% of the satisfaction.

What have to do this , with your suggestion ....I cant imagine .

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

On 12/22/2020 at 2:35 PM, CDR_Xavier said:

However, I think that plates should be reconfigured as a neutral (black background) module instead of phys (yellow background) module. This have impact on how bonus from boosting is considered.

Two counter arguments

Heat has all heat related modules and resistances

Energy has all energy related modules and resistances

and

More hitpoints increases the damage you can take which is most effective against physical mechs

More heat and cooling increases the heat you can take which is most effective against heat mechs

More energy and regeneration increases the energy drain you can take which is most effective against energy mechs

I hope i am not misunderstanding what you said

I don't know about nerfing physical so much as buffing energy and heat.

But I will be the first to complain about Desolation.  It's hardly a heat weapon.  It's a physical weapon that pretends to be heat lol.

Even though I may end up being a dual desolation user, and I have two of them, I still thought the goal of heat was to shut down your enemies.

Maybe I'm naive or new or something, but still, wasn't that the point?  If the point is to do more physical damage than your opponent, doesn't that make you a physical mech?

I'm not sure where I stand on this.  I think the better solution though is, instead of nerfing things (which almost always pisses people off) is to buff energy and heat.

And to make Frantic Brute literally a 2-shot Spartan Carnage.  Like, literally all the stats of Spartan Carnage but then change it to two shots.

Then adjust the frantic flame and frantic lightning to basically be the heat/energy equivalent of a 2-shot spartan.  That way people don't complain that only the physical frantic got nerfed.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

12 hours ago, SawzAll said:

And to make Frantic Brute literally a 2-shot Spartan Carnage.  Like, literally all the stats of Spartan Carnage but then change it to two shots.

That’s one of the most interesting ideas for Brute’s nerf.

However, as a dual Spartan Carnage user, I feel its 3 shots aren’t enough, so I compensate with an extra Nightfall to ensure I’ve enough ammo. With a 2-shot Spartan, that would be a useless weapon.

If a 2-shot Spartan (nerfed Brute) exist, I rather use something else, like a Night Eagle. After all, a Night Eagle is 3 shots, hence making it better than a 2-shot Spartan.

If you want to make a comment, please make sure you’re aware of what you’re talking about, talk from experience rather than conjecture. You also need to think thru the damage.

12 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Then adjust the frantic flame and frantic lightning to basically be the heat/energy equivalent of a 2-shot spartan.  That way people don't complain that only the physical frantic got nerfed.

And no one has an issue with heat and energy versions of the Frantic. The simple matter is there are better options than using those weapons. I almost never see those weapons being used in the arena, so there’s no point in discussing a nerf on them.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, Fordekash said:

energy and heat shields

This will be a very good way to balance the physic class since energy and heat almost always end up with extra energy and heat when fighting physics (because physics don't overheat nor drain). Utilizing this spare energy and heat can be a way out.

At least, I can't find a good counter argument against it. The shield slot is there, too, and I haven't see one in almost two years (I saw one around rank 17-20 back when I first joined)

______

yes, a phys mech with shield is on the upper edge against other physics, but the weapons nowadays hit like truck (250+). This will hit big on their heat / energy if it's a 1 dmg per eng/heat ratio so it ask for better mech designs.

but a eng mech can drain it even faster (because dmg caused drain + drain from weapon), and heaters can heat it up quicker.

Edited by CDR_Xavier
merged duplicate (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

2 minutes ago, Fordekash said:

issue new ones

They will. Or they can just re-balance the old ones

In fact, everything about the rebalance looks like nonsense to me. If they rebalance it they should keep the items (item IDs) rather than creating entirely new items (with new item IDs).

But they did (rebalance by creating new items and render the previous items unobtainable), so I guess they will have to create new shields (with new item IDs).

______
How the shields upgrade also is a mystery. Improve damage/cost ratio? That seem rather limited. Improve max damage absorbed (up to, say, 150)? Improve ratio of damage received / absorbed?

It'd be better upgradeable. At least, I think that's what ... say, Alexander would say.

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it