Should Flaminator be buffed?

Spam

Should Flaminator and Hot Flash be buffed?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Flaminator be buffed?

• Yes
    • Yes ,but not this way
    • No

Flaminator is a good weapon but nobody uses it because it is out classed by its L-M counterpart (Hybrid Heat Cannon).

So in order to make Flaminator better I think it could use a buff,

Flaminator

Add more heat damage or Heat cap damage than Hybrid Heat Cannon

so it would look like this

image.png.f778a4a3d16111a9f680e4edf6a8645c.png       or this      image.png.093d1156fbef9099ddd3e91747bf00e7.png

Edited by Gautham_Rajkumar (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

• Spam changed the title to Should Flaminator be buffed?
  • 1 month later...

There was a post, in the old Forum, regarding the Flaminator, and a debate regarding it's energy cost, one or more saying it was too high. I don't know one way, or the other, as I never really used the weapon, but I thought I would just mention it.

32 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

It cannot be enhanced since premium availability. Also, Flaminator even with the current modules around and having a proper set up it does pack a punch and no even is the necessary the premium to do the job. I have loses against with good players and set up. 

image.png.b3b8fc02d34c261aea3c097eab88850f.png

image.png.7fc2981eba984ff3638b5728a121d57d.png

I guess

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

On 3/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, Spam said:

Flaminator is a good weapon but nobody uses it because it is out classed by its L-M counterpart (Hybrid Heat Cannon).

Flaminator

image.png.f778a4a3d16111a9f680e4edf6a8645c.png       or this      image.png.093d1156fbef9099ddd3e91747bf00e7.png

They're too high at all so why just buff it dmg a little bit and it heat damage to 100?

3 hours ago, OKI DOKI said:

It cannot be enhanced since premium availability. Also, Flaminator even with the current modules around and having a proper set up it does pack a punch and no even is the necessary the premium to do the job. I have loses against with good players and set up. 

image.png.b3b8fc02d34c261aea3c097eab88850f.png

image.png.7fc2981eba984ff3638b5728a121d57d.png

Yeah

Hcaptcha scam

On 3/26/2021 at 11:42 AM, Spam said:

Flaminator

Flaminator is good enough as it currently is. You just need to have a proper setup in order for it to work.

Also- Did you seriously just make a buff topic because Hybrid Heat Cannon, a premium version of Flaminator, is a better version of Flaminator?

Just asking because Flaminator and Hybrid Heat Cannon both struggle against energy builds due to their high energy cost but that's why they're combo'd with lower energy cost weapons like Corrupt Light or used on builds with good energy costs for when they're dual wielded. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

On 3/26/2021 at 4:42 PM, Spam said:

Flaminator

tbh, savagery and corrupt r useless, flam is useable in cooling destroyers.

In addition, ofc its worse than its l-m counterpart, look at the e-m vs l-m drainers 🤦‍♂️

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

21 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

In addition, ofc its worse than its l-m counterpart, look at the e-m vs l-m drainers 🤦‍♂️

Rapid Destruction is worse than Spartan Carnage.

It needs a buff.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 10:42 AM, Spam said:

but nobody uses it

First off, I'm rank 3-5 and I use it right now on my boiler.  Not trying to be rude or anything, but "nobody uses it" is incorrect.

It's not logical to say that there's "nobody" using any weapon.  So long as there are human beings playing SM, there will always be someone using every weapon, even if it's only one person using it.

With all due respect, I don't think it needs a buff.  I think it works great.  Buffing it puts it in danger of being more powerful than hybrid heat cannon, it's premium counterpart (sort of).

image.png.43630de41e720ce9ab9951f77cd023e6.png

As it is, HHC is just strong enough to justify being premium.  If you buff Flaminator, you'd have to buff HHC so that it's premium status is worth it.  But I would argue the opposite: that because Flaminator is already pretty close to the stats of a premium item, it should not be buffed.

So yeah, not trying to be rude or anything, and I appreciate you putting in a suggestion, but I think Flaminator is fine.  I can get rank 4 in 3v3 and 2v2 with my heat boiler.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, Canucklehead said:

There was a post, in the old Forum, regarding the Flaminator, and a debate regarding it's energy cost, one or more saying it was too high. I don't know one way, or the other, as I never really used the weapon, but I thought I would just mention it.

My experience is that the energy cost is both good and bad.  It's good when fighting heat vs heat because Flaminator won't heat me up while using it.  It's a liability when fighting against energy, though, obviously.  So that's why I run Corrupt Light + Flaminator so that their pros and cons are balanced together.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 5/4/2021 at 4:22 PM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Rapid Destruction is worse than Spartan Carnage.

It needs a buff.

Do you want to see a r-m rapid????????(spartan+rapid)

On 5/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, Tirreggregars said:

I won't say this you u say "savagery", it's a good top weapon when you not have burning shower and the "4-8 night eagle heat version"

Hcaptcha scam

On 5/4/2021 at 3:59 AM, Tirreggregars said:

Yeah this and other comments is why I ignore you on the forum.  Just every once in a while when someone quotes you, I feel compelled to reply because of the damage your comments might cause.

Savagery is not useless.  It does a lot of heat damage, and you still see it in rank 4-5 battles.

Corrupt is not useless for the same reason.

Flaminator doesn't do cooling damage so on a cooling destroyer it's supplemental.  But you could substitute corrupt light for flaminator on any of those, so I'm still trying to understand why you think this way.

There are several problems with calling any weapon useless:

1. Usefulness depends on build.  Ever get your butt handed to you by someone using Sorrow?  Exactly.
  2. Usefulness depends on rank.  But rank in this game depends mainly on your luck or money (i.e. the items you have) and your build.  If you are rich and have all your stuff divine, you can make it to rank 1.  However, tactics and build will determine if you make it to top 10.
  3. Usefulness also depends on your inventory.  If savagery is all I have, but I find a way to make it work for me, it's useful.
  4. Sometimes such weapons are substitutes for items on META builds.  Like Flaminator for the HHCs on the META list boiler.  Works like a champ for me because I don't have 2 x HHCs.

But you said the same thing about Reckless Beam and I still see people in ranks 4-5 using Reckless Beam.  I wouldn't do that, but they're doing it and apparently it's working for them.

So please stop saying things are "worthless" because:

1) there's a use for them somewhere and

2) you might make newbies feel inferior just because they found a use for something you falsely claim is worthless.  

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...