why did you choose your name?

MasterChief

in game name: I thought it was "cool"

forum name:  its a reference to "Eyes Wide Shut" which is in term a reference to "Traumnovelle" ('Dream Novel') in which "Fidelio" is a reference to Ludwig van Beethoven's only opera originally titled "Leonore, oder Der Triumph der ehelichen Liebe". I thought that so many layers of unoriginality was paradoxically original; a subtle reference to the fact that my 'unique' personality is a clumsy mash-up of various personality quirks I have discovered from other people and found 'funny' resulting in a locus of identity which is itself post-ironic commentary on the stagnancy of Art and the increasingly frustrated need for escape into fantasy in modern society which "Traumnovelle" projected and predicted of the future - a likely reason for Eyes Wide Shut's cult success and Hollywood revered oddity status despite the film's repellent yet alluring inaccessibility. also I didn't want to use "Misfit" or "bazinga" again.

Edited by Fidelio (see edit history)

I use OKI sine the 1970's in arcade initials or name when game finished saving your scores and came from an old tv show from the 50's using Okie Dokie as like saying ok, understood etc. I use same version as OKI or OKI DOKI or OKIE DOKIE. Will say I use that for over 40 years in some games but also I use few others. 🤣 

11 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

I use OKI sine the 1970's in arcade initials or name when game finished saving your scores and came from an old tv show from the 50's using Okie Dokie as like saying ok, understood etc. I use same version as OKI or OKI DOKI or OKIE DOKIE. Will say I use that for over 40 years in some games but also I use few others. 🤣 

damn oki, how old are you?

One Mech to rule them all

Just now, MasterChief said:

damn.... thats 40 more than me :V

just a little bit more game plays experiences. 🤣

giphy.gif&ehk=MYP%2BCD45qPh6mn2YD54F5NrM

one of my fav games 

d9W9AKSS8KUvfSYI=

This is how you play in today's environment

giphy.gif&ehk=Tgxe5n614dAxipfMyzpHti9Ua9

When I was young starting no much difference having my old console in the sense having similar stuff of course just the beginning

OIP.WMdxVfvmR_oHkEw5wZJUaAHaE8?w=231&h=1

Then mixed with arcade even older games than those in the gif and when teen those what you see there.

cjk4WSxDWqnIQhrG3PCTCsheZBkBOHRBpJo=

Of course I used every console till recently not the latest release since I am playing basic now in comp but I have boxes of my originals consoles all of them saved plus memory cards etc like this and everything that came after of corse going to video games centers to check the girls. was hard to get places since my father was moving often.

SdDlUIUSuJulCM=

Now this is me after so many years playing. Hope you do not end like that. Trust me, you won't like. 😔

76iv.gif&ehk=Ew2lNvtsfhsaI1ss2h9gY%2BnZN

15 minutes ago, JamAnime said:

So MasterCkief, you are 14 then.

he does have a picture

19 minutes ago, MasterChief said:

perhaps. or im 15 but only through 14 summers.

you may never know

and how old are you, @JamAnime?

or will that remain undisclosed

he said his age many times in the past.