Arena Reward petition

Mr Cat

On 10/17/2021 at 10:22 AM, Mr Cat said:

Petition to add 1 token to arena rewards. Hey hey hey 1 token per fight might not seem much but if you do all 5 arena fights that’s 5 tokens! 7x5 = 35 extra tokens every week!!!

9928681E-1FC0-433D-B1F9-98DA8F170973.png

1 still not enough, i want 2 :3

people should really consider having a token converter, cuz after all, tokens are the highest currency, in-game ofc, and everything can technically be converted into tokens. 

just remember to set a conversion limit and it time limit to prevent abuse

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

5 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

people should really consider having a token converter, cuz after all, tokens are the highest currency, in-game ofc, and everything can technically be converted into tokens. 

That means, coins for tokens, items for tokens??? Like that? 

6 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

then how you can convert golds, items and levels into tokens??

and having converter for what reason?

Edited by SC2A (see edit history)

Hcaptcha scam

6 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

token conveter is a bad idea my friend

8 minutes ago, SC2A said:

then how you can convert golds, items and levels into tokens??

1 kg gold can buy 8 milion tokens 

I can agree here, 1 or 2 tokens per win for the 5 daily wins shouldn't be a lot to ask.

I would argue that it should be like 5 tokens, but whatever.

As it still seems to take people a year to reach top ranks (paying) or longer (not paying), tokens for the 5 daily arena wins makes sense to me.

In terms of general game design, I question a game that takes people longer than a year to reach top ranks.  I think this would help fix what I view as a problem with SM: it shouldn't take F2P players more than a year to reach top ranks.  Maybe it should take F2P a year to reach top ranks (like exactly a year, playing the game one hour a day every day).  Then P2W status would be to get to top ranks faster than a year.

With other games I've played, it's taken less than a year to reach a level at which you don't feel you are limited by a lack of items or weapons.  Like TF2.  Like BL3.  DLC or payment should only be for the impatient, in my opinion, and there are plenty of people who are impatient so business should still be good 🙂

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

7 hours ago, SC2A said:

it takes 10 months to a player can get top ranks if they're farming 6 hours per day

and of course, it's almost impossible

But think about that.

That's 1,826 hours.

If you take the example of an adult that has other commitments who can only do 2 hours a day, if we do math, it will take them 2.5 years.

Whereas the wife and I beat BL3 on easy in 1 month, and will beat it on Normal in 1 month, and then move on to mayhem levels just to get some nice weapons (all of which drop at mayhem level 5).  So for Borderlands 3 it would take 7 months to reach the maximum of what the game allows (comparable to being rank 1).

Let's be honest: in today's modern societies, not many people have the patience to grind on a game for 2-3 years.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk.  I'm saying this so that we start thinking about how we can improve SM.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:26 AM, SC2A said:

because a lot of people have random useless things flooding their account.... especially arena coins for those who have maxed their arena shop. 

kinda useless just sitting there anyways

maybe convert extras to gold, even... at least gold have more uses

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

On 10/25/2021 at 8:06 PM, AftoKrator said:

because a lot of people have random useless things flooding their account.... especially arena coins for those who have maxed their arena shop. 

kinda useless just sitting there anyways

maybe convert extras to gold, even... at least gold have more uses

I completely support this.  If anything, I think the arena buffs should be increased.  Even if the next level on items other than the HP buff cost 1000 arena coins, or whatever 2x the previous buff cost was in coins, I think it's better than not having it.

As for XP, I am tempted to say XP should become gold when you farm the campaigns at campaign rank 250.  Sort of like energy drain becoming damage when you drain your opponent dry, so XP should become gold.  It makes farming worth it.  I note that there are some top rank players who have said they don't farm the campaign any more now that they are at level 250.

If this thread gets enough views (highly unlikely) then there is 0.000000001% chance we might get tokens for arena fights lol

On 10/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, boomboomsticks said:

so if you get 2 for every time you win 2x5 = 70 so you could be buying a premium box every week or more which is too fast imagine everyone getting 1 legendary or epic every week i think thats too much.

1 token per fight seems good to me, unless you don’t want to add tokens?