Torso Dialogue Idea - Zarkares

Warning: If you have any allergies to the likes of long topics, this is a good point for you to cease progression and escape while you still haven't read this topic. Why? It's a long topic and you might get an allergic reaction from reading it. What's the symptoms? They're quite simply headache, eye soreness, boredom, sporadic spaceouts, 3D word-pop hallucinations, firm belief in worshiping Greedy, and the feeling that you're looking at a long topic.

If you do have such an allergy and do not wish to experience the listed symptoms, turn back now.

If you don't have an allergy of that kind or have that kind of allergy but you're a masochist that loves a challenge and wants to read this anyway, feel free to go on ahead.

But don't say I didn't warn you..

The Introduction

Hello, everypilot, Whiteout here with another topic but with a topic that is much different than the one I created a short while before this one.

For those who already know what this topic is about from reading my Torso Dialogue (Idea) - The Return topic that I made before my silence period, I have actually decided to start the idea and with Zarkares as the first torso to get a dialogue set (at least, a dialogue set that I think would fit Zarkares). Shoutout to @Spam for suggesting Zarkares for the first torso and @Tirreggregars for suggesting Zarkares's personality.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's a link to the original topic that pretty much explains the key points of what this whole thing is about.

And now.. It's time for the first ever dialogue set idea topic to be posted on these forums (if it's not, consider this claim to be a hype strategy).

The Dialogue

Hangar

(Receive) "Who are you supposed to be? My pilot..? I'm afraid you've got the wrong mech. ..Hmm? Wait- What do you mean I don't have a choice?! Urgh.. Fine! I guess I'm stuck with you for the time being.. But you better not be worse with your piloting skills than you do with your looks."

(Viewing) "What're you looking at? Oh? Came to check up on me? Heh.. I knew you couldn't resist my charm. Unlike those toys that you humans call mechs, I'm the real deal. I've got a heart of fire and a hull of solid platinum steel, so your pathetic self can rely on me to get any job done."

(Idle) "Pilot.. Just what in the hell are you waiting for? It's surely worth the wait if you're keeping me from slaughtering weaklings on the battlefield! If it's not worth the wait, get off your sorry behind and let's get going already!"

(Task Received) "What.. Is this supposed to be? A list of errands? Pfft.. I'm not some caretaking drone. Let those lazy rats get their stuff done on their own. Why? Because I've got better things to do, obviously! Like.. Imagining myself tearing a bunch of lowlifes apart in the midst of a battle to the death.. Yeah, that's definitely more important!"

(Task Complete) "Huh.. Is this what we really get for all our efforts..? Lame! I've seen better heaps of scrap from the dryla- Wait- Is that a scrap of titanium?! Give it to me! I crave the shiny artifact of reflections!"

Armory

(Equip; Common Item) "Excuse me- What is this thing? It's pathetic. What do you mean "it's the best you got"? Surely you've got something more enticing than this."

(Equip; Rare Item) "Sigh.. I know that I'm a rare find and all.. But this is not the kind of rare that I was born for. Get the hint already."

(Equip; Epic Item) "Not bad for human engineering but that doesn't make this my most favorite gun. Just saying."

(Equip; Legendary Item) "This gun ain't so bad.. Hell, I might just take this thing for a night on the drylands."

(Equip; Mythical Item) "Woah- How's this thing considered legal around these parts?! Come on, we've gotta show this baby off immediately!"

(Equip; Divine Item) "Field Certified, you say? Heh heh.. May the Blessed Mechs from the Beyond have mercy on our enemies.. Because once I start shooting, they'll be begging for it."

(Equip; Premium Item) "So you've got a taste in tech after all, eh? Hah.. I can get used to this sort of life."

(Equip; Heat Item) "This thing really puts the fire in firepower. Let's give our enemies one hell of a bad time, shall we?"

(Equip; Physical Item) "Oh ho ho! Now this is what I call heavy artillery! .. What do you mean I can't do that? Stop being a drag and let me appreciate this moment."

(Equip; Energy Item) "I know you understand how excellent I am at everything but come on, this type of stuff is better at dropping flies than dropping actual targets!"

(Equip; Drone) "Why did you give me this.. Thing? I doubt it's useful. Eh? Do I know what it's for? Of course I do! It's.. Uh.. Eh.. A..? Sigh.. Ok, fine, I'll give.. Just this once because you asked nicely-"

(Equip; Charge) "I didn't expect to get this but I guess violent ramming is just as good as hot lead.. Now I just need a target to smash into a pulp. Pilot, want to volunteer? I won't hit you that hard, I promise. No? .. Talk about a buzzkill."

(Equip; Hook) "It may be fun to blow some poor scrap heaps up but I enjoy tearing their engines out just as much! Time to shoot something with this thing!"

Mission

(Viewing the Map) "What so interesting about a map? There's far more interesting things to do than to just look at that! .. Huh? It helps us find battles..? Well- Why didn't you say that before gawking at it?!"

(Idling) "What's taking you so long to choose? It can't be that hard to choose a good battle.. I mean, look! There's this weird looking thing that we could pummel into dus- And it mo- Ok, now it's gone.. That could've been something good, you know!"

(Viewing Mission Details) "Not impressed. I've faced far worse and even those things couldn't stop me! .. Alright, maybe I screwed up that one time in the past and almost got myself scrapped.. BUT it's not that big of a deal now that I'm still kicking and feeling alive!"

(Entering Mission; Normal) "Only one step in and this place is already depressing to look at! Where's the challenge?!"

(Entering Mission; Hard) "Not the best place I've been to but these scrap heaps look decent enough for a beating."

(Entering Mission; Insane) "Now this is unfair! How are these heaps allowed to mock my superiority?! Just wait 'till I shred them to pieces..!"

(Mission Victory) "They thought they got what it took to challenge me? Pfft! There's a reason why no one picks a fight with an apex steelborn death machine like me!"

(Mission Defeat) "Pilot.. I've seen a lot of terrible things.. But your skills are definitely one of the worst."

(Revive) "Like a phoenix coming back from the pits of Hell, I've got a second wind and a vendetta with everyone's name on it! So come on and let's get things rolling again!"

Combat

(Entering Combat; Buggy) "Hah! Their first line of defense is this?! This is gonna be too easy!"

(Entering Combat; Tank) "So they're stepping up their game, huh? I was getting bored with those buggies, anyway."

(Entering Combat; Mech) "About time they showed up.. I was about to think that they fled like cowards. Now then, let's get this battle rolling!"

(Entering Combat; Mission Boss) "The head honcho's finally here.. Heh heh.. It's about time I've finally got a chance to show what I can really do! Bring it on!"

(Taking Damage; Minimal) "Hey-! Don't scratch my paint if you're just gonna be throwing petty jabs at me!"

(Taking Damage; Minor) "You call that a hit? I didn't even feel a thing!"

(Taking Damage; Major) "Hggn.. Come on, is that all you got?! I can take a heavier beating than that!"

(Taking Damage; Critical) "You think this hurts me..!? I'm an army of one and I'll keep slaughtering even if I'm outta ammo, so hit me with everything you've got!"

(Destruction) "No- No no no NO! I'm the ultimate tool of destruction-! How is this gonna be the way I fa-!?"

Extras

(Unique 1; Idle while Viewing then Interact with Anything) "Who's the best machine? I'M the best machine! Who's got the best looks? I got the best lo-! Huh-?! Pilot- How long were you standing there?! Forget about what you just say and you better not say a single word about it from now on, got it-?!"

(Unique 2; Hangar after Battle then Idle) "Hah! I still got it! Sure, I might be getting old but none of these toys is gonna top what I've got! Never!"

(Unique 3; Encounter with another Zarkares) "What in the mech-?! How do you look like me?! Why do you look like me?! How dare you copy ME!"

The Closing 

So, what do you guys think about the dialogue options? Good, bad, sounds too much like dialogue? Let me know down below because feedback is appreciated. It really is. Like really really. Yes, it really is. It's so really that I ended up saying really six times in this closing. It's crazy.

But yeah, that's what I've thought up for what I think Zarkares would be like if it had a personality and respective dialogue in-game. I know that there's a lot more possible dialogue options that I haven't done here and that I could've made more dialogue per dialogue option.. But I just wanted to take a simple yet detailed route as I made this list. This dialogue is also what I think, so you don't have to agree with it if you dislike it or simply hate it for the fact that it's a topic with words on it. You could also try and create your own list of dialogue if you feel like it and you don't want to read the dialogue lists that I create. It's all for the hell of it, after all.

With that out of the way, this is the end of the topic. Stay safe and stay frosty out there, pilots, because you might never know when a Greedy is lurking under your bed.. Until next time-

This is Whiteout the Word Creator, signing off.

P.S - Did I mention that this is what I think? Also, yes, it's a long topic. A long topic indeed.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

3 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

... it's longer than i expected, but nice story. how long did this take you?

It took me around 25-40 minutes.

25 minutes ago, adc said:

nice story bro

Thanks

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

What sort of voice should I read this in?

Probably the stereotypical "cocky and cool anime guy with a raspy voice" type of thing

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

On 8/26/2021 at 3:10 AM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

It took me around 25-40 minutes.

Thanks

Probably the stereotypical "cocky and cool anime guy with a raspy voice" type of thing

You’re a fast typer that would have taken me days. Much more text that I thought but vey entertaining, 1 suggestion though, what adult an encounter with saber tooth or windigo?

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

9 hours ago, Spam said:

what adult an encounter with saber tooth or windigo?

Perhaps that'll come in another dialogue topic..

But that's all I'ma say. Enjoy this cliffhanger of a teaser.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, boomboomsticks said:

i feel this would be more like brutalitys attitude the players who use brutality are super toxic and all about themselves 

but this was well written

can you do windigo? my first mech uses a windigo i feel like his personality would be like humble/modest  but kinda sad

I can do Brutality or Windigo next. 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

I can do Brutality or Windigo next. 

It's tough to decide,  but maybe brutality because it just keeps getting worse as torsos are buffed, and also used to be one of the best torsos.

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

1 hour ago, Spam said:

It's tough to decide,  but maybe brutality because it just keeps getting worse as torsos are buffed, and also used to be one of the best torsos.

How convenient of you to suggest Brutality while I was in the midst of making a Brutality dialogue topic. Lol.

Anyway, it's done now, so feel free to check it out.