Resist Armors (Fanarts #2)

A-RANDOM-NAME

I made my second part of my fanarts and i did make resist Armors. (I'm enjoyed making these :D)

Spoiler

Its based on by a legacy Super Mechs item called Ruby.

(I thought it was fire guardian because i don't really remeber but it seems they told me it was called ruby image.png.584ae4b89a0024b9f8962efd82ae2122.png

image.thumb.png.d86971108a9d17402c1832be0afafc9d.png

Edited by A-RANDOM-NAME (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

Reveal hidden contents

Its based on by a legacy Super Mechs item called Fire Guardian.

Phys: Amber Guardian

Explosive: Ash Guardian

Energy: Thunder Guardian

How about you chill on the weight just a tad?

unless someone's going to use triple L-M prots, (which not everyone has) the low health will make builds with this torso an easy target for people running res drainers.

Maybe 320-40kg?

9 minutes ago, FennekinFyreFour said:

unless someone's going to use triple L-M prots, (which not everyone has) the low health will make builds with this torso an easy target for people running res drainers.

Maybe 320-40kg?

I will changed it sometime 🙂 , thanks for the help

33 minutes ago, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

I made my second part of my fanarts and i did make resist Armors. (I'm enjoyed making these :D)

Reveal hidden contents

Its based on by a legacy Super Mechs item called Fire Guardian.

Nice fan art, but you might wanna leave the stats for other to decide. Nice work though.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

8 hours ago, FennekinFyreFour said:

Maybe 320-40kg?

the word "guardian" is already related to drones, it could cause confusion 😕

Edited by Senkowo (see edit history)

I am Senko the antipathic fox

5 minutes ago, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

It would be OP with the Electric fortress , Plasma fortress , Platinum fortress. That's why i created this torso.

No No NO. 200 res is precisely why the torso should never be created. Not to shoot you down @A-RANDOM-NAME, but it's TOO OP. 

Edited by AftoKrator (see edit history)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

6 minutes ago, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

It would be OP with the Electric fortress , Plasma fortress , Platinum fortress. That's why i created this torso.

Tbh, a torso like this would shift the meta too much, at least imo

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

Stolen from @JamAnime

Just now, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

Yeah i know , i need to nerf this 

Well, tbh if this torso does get added, then the balance team will decide the stats for it, I would recommend just stating what the perks of the torso is ex: high hp, or rep, and then if the torso gets added the balance team will make it good, but not too good.

Stolen from @JamAnime

5 minutes ago, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

i need to nerf this 

make it have no elemental stats (less than 50 for heat, ene, regen, and cooling)

cuz according @SawzAll(the res graph)

Resistance_To_Survivability.png

having high res can literally make the difference between life and death... low stats, not so much 

Edited by AftoKrator (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

make it have no elemental stats (less than 50 for heat, ene, regen, and cooling)

having high res can literally make the difference between life and death... low stats, not so much 

Sadly i don't have enough time for this , i need to go to the school , i will be back like 6-7 hours 😕

14 hours ago, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

Also, since the name "guardian" is taken by drones and these names are kinda lame sounding.... 

I propose: 

Hells Gate (explosive)

Diamond Barrier (energy)

Unbreakable Armor (physical)

... tho tbh, that still sounds kinda lame.... i need some cool stuff like what i used for Spam's fanarts

30 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

Unless it's a heat mech, then heat cap and cooling matter.

24 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

Also, since the name "guardian" is taken by drones and these names are kinda lame sounding.... 

I propose: 

Hells Gate (explosive)

Diamond Barrier (energy)

Unbreakable Armor (physical)

... tho tbh, that still sounds kinda lame.... i need some cool stuff like what i used for Spam's fanarts

Here's and idea, icicle armor(icicle), blood diamond(legacy torso name), and photon resistor(this one's kinda lame).

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

Stolen from @JamAnime

4 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

bro, whats with your spelling

Idk if I should put spaces before parentheses, so to save time and be more accurate(in my case), I just don't add a space.

Stolen from @JamAnime

4 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

i didn't mean that... just the words:

anyway... its not that it really matters. i get what you mean. 

Oops, I guess grammarly and spell check don't work when you type fast 😅Imma fix that now...

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

Stolen from @JamAnime

7 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

Well, to be fair, this chart was created by Eneg(), and it's not completely scientific.  But it seems to line up with my own experience.  In my experience, using a Molten Platinum Vest without resistance, versus a Fractured Heat Armor without resistance, is not good in the arena.  In my experience, to make the vests worth using, you need at least 100+ resistance in all categories, and so the minimum is probably a vest with a Max Protector and a Platinum Plate, or a Defense Matrix.

So, it seems the chart is right, but it's not strictly scientific.

That's why I don't recommend non-premium resistance in the arena, even though it's good in the campaigns.  In the campaigns, your resistance resets with every enemy or group of enemies.  In the arena, it doesn't.

21 hours ago, A-RANDOM-NAME said:

Reveal hidden contents

Its based on by a legacy Super Mechs item called Ruby.

(I thought it was fire guardian because i don't really remeber but it seems they told me it was called ruby image.png.584ae4b89a0024b9f8962efd82ae2122.png

I don't mind power creep.  It's basically the entire concept behind war research and weapons development, something I got to be a part of in the Air Force.

But I feel like this is too much creep.  Maybe the final resistance values could be +10% of what the vests are instead of almost 50%-100% more.

I like the art, though.

So I'm not saying "no", so much as saying I think that any or all of the stats should only be about 10% better than the MPV/LPV/HPV.  (The Physical doesn't have to be 10% better than HPV, it can be 10% better than MPV/LPV.)

The reason is I'm trying to prevent too much rage quit.  There are some F2P out there who will be upset that they got lucky and have 3 x MPVs on their mechs that they spent a lot of time upgrading, only to once again not have the best in the game and be hoping to get the new best thing.

So in my opinion, limiting the improvement over vests to 10% in any/all stats categories would help, in my opinion, prevent too much harm to the F2P players out there.

But I'm just speculating.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

32 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Well, to be fair, this chart was created by Eneg(), and it's not completely scientific.  But it seems to line up with my own experience.  In my experience, using a Molten Platinum Vest without resistance, versus a Fractured Heat Armor without resistance, is not good in the arena.  In my experience, to make the vests worth using, you need at least 100+ resistance in all categories, and so the minimum is probably a vest with a Max Protector and a Platinum Plate, or a Defense Matrix.

So, it seems the chart is right, but it's not strictly scientific.

That's why I don't recommend non-premium resistance in the arena, even though it's good in the campaigns.  In the campaigns, your resistance resets with every enemy or group of enemies.  In the arena, it doesn't.

I don't mind power creep.  It's basically the entire concept behind war research and weapons development, something I got to be a part of in the Air Force.

But I feel like this is too much creep.  Maybe the final resistance values could be +10% of what the vests are instead of almost 50%-100% more.

I like the art, though.

So I'm not saying "no", so much as saying I think that any or all of the stats should only be about 10% better than the MPV/LPV/HPV.  (The Physical doesn't have to be 10% better than HPV, it can be 10% better than MPV/LPV.)

The reason is I'm trying to prevent too much rage quit.  There are some F2P out there who will be upset that they got lucky and have 3 x MPVs on their mechs that they spent a lot of time upgrading, only to once again not have the best in the game and be hoping to get the new best thing.

So in my opinion, limiting the improvement over vests to 10% in any/all stats categories would help, in my opinion, prevent too much harm to the F2P players out there.

But I'm just speculating.

I think vests r op enough already, a torso thats better than vests would be retarded to say the least.