is this change okay?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. is the change okay?

• the item is fine
    • it needs the buff
    • the buff should be tweaked a bit

I like how the only good suggestion here got lost among the other nonsense 

9 hours ago, WarrMachine said:

Fairly evident that Murmur was designed to be the premier cooling drain drone, for use on boilers. If it were to get revised, I suggest increasing it’s cooling drain to -10 as a starting point and adjusting accordingly. 

There's almost always a happy medium for weapon balancing, just whether or not it gets found is a different story

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:41 PM, MasterChief said:

murmur does cooling damage, right? well, if your a boiler build with no weapons that do resistance damage, what're u going to do? well, i think murmur should have 3 resist damage mythical, and 2 legendary.

Well even if you don't have resistance, a boiler is intended to overheat the enemy.  I've overheated people with my boiler that had a lot of heat resistance.  It just took longer to kill their mech, but I was able to do so.

I think Murmur's thing should be cooling damage, and that the cooling damage get increased.  Probably to 15.

If we go there with heat drones "needing" resistance, you'd have to then buff Nemo and Flamewave to give them resist drain, also.  I don't think this is the solution.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Case in point this morning. Keep in mind my boiler is recoiler, corrupt light, flaminator and Nemo. I didn't even hit this person with my vandal rage. This person may have been relying on their heat resistance. But that didn't save them. Especially when their cooling was exactly 270 and 270 is exactly how much heat damage I can do per turn. Not posting this to brag, just to point out that heat resistance isn't everything. If their stats were better, they would've beaten me. Their resistance just made it take longer.

Screenshot_20210525-092300_Super Mechs.jpg

6 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Well even if you don't have resistance, a boiler is intended to overheat the enemy.  I've overheated people with my boiler that had a lot of heat resistance.  It just took longer to kill their mech, but I was able to do so.

I think Murmur's thing should be cooling damage, and that the cooling damage get increased.  Probably to 15.

If we go there with heat drones "needing" resistance, you'd have to then buff Nemo and Flamewave to give them resist drain, also.  I don't think this is the solution.

15 is too high, at lower ranks with ppl only having 200-250 cooling, thats far too much, 10 to 12 would be more feasible imo

22 hours ago, Username4 said:

15 is too high, at lower ranks with ppl only having 200-250 cooling, thats far too much, 10 to 12 would be more feasible imo

As in 15 at divine.

I take that back, you could make it 10.  But at divine.  So maybe 9 at mythical?  Because honestly why do we even have cooling damage in this game if you can't really make a cooling damage build?  I think Murmur should be the drone for the cooling damage mech.

But keep in mind Nemo does 20 capacity damage at Divine.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

On 5/26/2021 at 7:40 PM, SawzAll said:

As in 15 at divine.

I take that back, you could make it 10.  But at divine.  So maybe 9 at mythical?  Because honestly why do we even have cooling damage in this game if you can't really make a cooling damage build?  I think Murmur should be the drone for the cooling damage mech.

But keep in mind Nemo does 20 capacity damage at Divine.

Yes, 10 makes sense, but at mythical, because divine doesn't change ur stats except damage, and heat damage. 

True but cooling has more value than cap. For example any infinite use top weapon that deals 30 cooling damage instead of cap damage, with otherwise identical stats to hysteria would be op, yet hysteria isn't.

11 hours ago, Username4 said:

Yes, 10 makes sense, but at mythical, because divine doesn't change ur stats except damage, and heat damage. 

True but cooling has more value than cap. For example any infinite use top weapon that deals 30 cooling damage instead of cap damage, with otherwise identical stats to hysteria would be op, yet hysteria isn't.

Yeah and so I picked 10 because I figure since most META-listing builds are about 2:1 cap to cooling/regen.  I figure that would make sense.  But I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion too 🙂 

• 5 weeks later...

Then think of the people with 250 or less cooling, they get wrecked by it and combine it with vandal and anyone with less cooling than 200 is doomed. I'd say 10 cooling damage would be fine, but more than that is op.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime