why hasnt frantic been nerfed?

MasterChief

Question

3 hours ago, JamAnime said:

It did get nerf.  You just got unlucky. 

Actually, it kinda got buffed in the way that is now does more min damage, and when you get good heat then it's heat cost isn't even that bad. 

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

It was "nerfed" but that only made it less random.  It still does more average damage than Spartan Carnage (a premium).

I suggest it be nerfed.  Please put a balance change request in to have it nerfed, and please follow the format, to include adding a poll.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

16 hours ago, SawzAll said:

It still does more average damage than Spartan Carnage (a premium).

I suggest it be nerfed.

In regards to Brute, once again, you’re incorrect. Brute has 2 shots while Spartan has 3 shots.

That extra shot makes Spartan better than Brute.

Thus, Spartan a premium weapon, while Brute is a common weapon. Even before the nerf, Brute was always a common weapon.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

2 hours ago, rc said:

In regards to Brute, once again, you’re incorrect. Brute has 2 spots while Spartan has 3 shots.

Thus, Spartan a premium weapon, while Brute is a common weapon. Even before the nerf, Brute was always a common weapon.

Yes, it is been common since I play even way before me.

Below my first mech. Can see something interesting there. 🤣 I won't tell. 🤫

image.thumb.png.a69c55ce847e6dd8c6b5b6a07c54e609.png

9 hours ago, SawzAll said:

It was "nerfed" but that only made it less random.  It still does more average damage than Spartan Carnage (a premium).

I suggest it be nerfed.  Please put a balance change request in to have it nerfed, and please follow the format, to include adding a poll.

No the damage isn't garrented and you can do 100 instead of 500 🙂

10 hours ago, rc said:

In regards to Brute, once again, you’re incorrect. Brute has 2 spots while Spartan has 3 shots.

I said damage, not shots.  And it won't matter because normally they kill you in 2 turns because of the ton of damage they usually do.

And Brute is technically an epic weapon.  The strategy is still "fire your frantics."  And the way to counter them is still to stay out of frantic range.  Boilers don't work as well because most are 3-6 range, so you get shredded before you overheat them, even with a heat bomb (upper ranks).  The way to counter dual frantic is to have more resistance and hit points, and hopefully stay out of range if you can.

I'm not anti-frantic.  My physical mech on my alt has one.  But I still feel it's too much damage for an item that isn't premium.  Sure, I'd rather have spartan carnage, but I don't have one yet.

7 hours ago, Dark conon mech said:

No the damage isn't garrented and you can do 100 instead of 500 🙂

But now, after the nerf, since average damage didn't change but the range of damage did, it's more guaranteed that a frantic will do that higher average damage than spartan carnage does.  The nerf wasn't really a nerf, hardly.  But oh well, feel free to disagree with me.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

I said damage, not shots.  And it won't matter because normally they kill you in 2 turns because of the ton of damage they usually do.

And Brute is technically an epic weapon.  The strategy is still "fire your frantics."  And the way to counter them is still to stay out of frantic range.  Boilers don't work as well because most are 3-6 range, so you get shredded before you overheat them, even with a heat bomb (upper ranks).  The way to counter dual frantic is to have more resistance and hit points, and hopefully stay out of range if you can.

I'm not anti-frantic.  My physical mech on my alt has one.  But I still feel it's too much damage for an item that isn't premium.  Sure, I'd rather have spartan carnage, but I don't have one yet.

But now, after the nerf, since average damage didn't change but the range of damage did, it's more guaranteed that a frantic will do that higher average damage than spartan carnage does.  The nerf wasn't really a nerf, hardly.  But oh well, feel free to disagree with me.

But spartan carnage has consistency how about adding backfire to balance it

3 hours ago, SawzAll said:

I said damage, not shots.

I was implying total damage when I mentioned shots. My point was the total damage for all the shots, not shots by itself, as noted in the quote below:

14 hours ago, rc said:

And it won't matter because normally they kill you in 2 turns because of the ton of damage they usually do.

As in the past and even now, I see no difficulties in dealing with Brute. That sounds like a problem you need to work on.

And Brute is technically an epic weapon.

When I mentioned common, I meant it’s low on the rarity tier, not specifically it’s a common rarity item. Since I own 2 divined Brute, I know of its rarity.

Capture.PNG.c91e32f7b60afe4d8aabd4a398c38c4c.PNG

I added Spartans in the photo to show I’ve experience to backup my words.

And the way to counter them is still to stay out of frantic range.

That’s a losing strategy. All a Brute user has to do to stay in range is use a Rock Recoiler or use utilities.

By you mentioning that, I wonder why you’re even on the Balance Team. Alexander should make a prerequisite before joining the Balance Team, like be rank 1-2. If anyone has the most experience, those people will have a better understanding on the game. Those people didn’t make it to rank 1-2 for nothing (disregarding copilots).

5 hours ago, rc said:

By you mentioning that, I wonder why you’re even on the Balance Team. Alexander should make a prerequisite before joining the Balance Team, like be rank 1-2. If anyone has the most experience, those people will have a better understanding on the game. Those people didn’t make it to rank 1-2 for nothing (disregarding copilots).

Good thing it's up to Alex and not you.  Making it only rank 1-2 means his team would not have diverse opinions.

But seeing that I made rank 3 with 3 stars this week, I don't think it's that important that I be rank 1-2.

What you don't notice, because you're not on the team, is that I'm willing to learn, and that I never assume I know everything about the game.

But from my perspective (had to make sure you see that before you reply), frantic brute is still powerful enough that it can ruin everyone's day, except those in rank 1-2, who are probably in rank 1-2 because they have 3 x fortresses and platinums, etc.  But hey, I could be wrong.

If dual divine frantic can end anyone in 2 turns except people in rank 1-2, and it's not even a premium, in my opinion it's overpowered.

But that's another beautiful thing about the balance team.  We don't have to agree.  We have different perspectives.  Diversity is strength.  But I listen to the rank 1-2's when they talk, and I value their knowledge.

But I can also go on WU and test it for myself.  In WU, the only thing that usually beats dual frantic + claw builds is a build from CleverName's meta listing.  Sure, it's "just WU," but still, I think it's worth pointing out.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:31 AM, MasterChief said:

someone did 600 damage on each frantic... when i was at 31 phys resistance. here's the replay: A4654. i do not understand how they did that much damage.

It has been buffed.before it was only 10 energy 50  heat  now 30 energy 70 heat