The problem with Heat Bombs

RaptorKing15

In the arena I'm seeing a lot more Heat Bombs than usual. It probably deals with the fact that it does over 485 heat dmg and the cost is almost 100 less. Besides, it does a lot more than EMP, which has well rounded Electric dmg and cost. 

Here is my Heat Bomb stats.

340 or 350 heat dmg

15-20 Explosive dmg

Cost would be 320 or 325.

EMP can send someone into cascading no-energy because you recover energy at the end of turn. With heat, you vent excess away at the start of your turn, and can double vent (if no shutdown) and still get a drone shot. Getting energy zero-ed (unless no energy build) is far more traumatic, and should be harder to get to an maintain.

1 hour ago, RaptorKing15 said:

In the arena I'm seeing a lot more Heat Bombs than usual. It probably deals with the fact that it does over 485 heat dmg and the cost is almost 100 less. Besides, it does a lot more than EMP, which has well rounded Electric dmg and cost. 

340 or 350 heat dmg

15-20 Explosive dmg

Heat Bombs are annoying, yes, but that doesn't make them a problem. Heat Bombs are mainly used to stun an opponent to allow the user to attack but that opening is dependent on two things:

Can the target cool the heat damage in a single cooldown?

And...

Can the user cool the heat cost in a single cooldown in order to be able to attack again in one turn?

If the target is capable of cooling down in one point or if the user shuts themselves down due to the heat cost overloading their cooling, the Heat Bomb's use was barely worth it since the target only lost a single action point rather than a turn or a set of turns.

The whole point of Heat Bomb is to cripple the target but that's it. It can't do it twice since it's only 1-use, meaning that the user has to hold off on using the Heat Bomb until the right moment to avoid wasting the shot and allowing the target to avoid a shutdown.

My suggestion to avoiding Heat Bomb shots is to:

Force the Heat Bomb user into a constant state where they're always on the brink of overheating, which makes them hold off on using their shot unless they want to risk a shutdown due to their own heat overloading them (heat-specific).

Constantly force them out of 2-4 range and attack with 3-6 and/or 4-8 range weapons as Heat Bombs are 2-4 (excluding Overheated Heat Bomb, which is 3-6 and costs backfire). Range controlling keeps them from using the Heat Bomb and forces them to move into 2-4 if they want to use it, making them spend a point in the process.

Or...

Energy break them to disable their energy-dependent boiler weapons to keep them from adding onto your heat levels after the bomb shot to give you time to recover (Energy-specific; only works with Corrupt Light/Flaminator/Savagery builds).

Apologies for the long post but I just needed to explain a bit about how Heat Bomb is not an overpowered weapon.. I mean, seriously? It costs as much heat as it deals to your target, so you're not getting out of using it unscathed if you don't have the heat stats to withstand the shot's heat cost.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

3 hours ago, RaptorKing15 said:

340 or 350 heat dmg

15-20 Explosive dmg

I think it is totally reasonable to have Heat Bomb do more heat damage than heat cost. Otherwise you would end up overheating yourself as well. The purpose of Heat Bomb isn't to be a main weapon but to get your opponent's heat, but to bring their heat to their capacity. 

Heat bomb being stronger than EMP needs fixed though...

1 minute ago, Rauls Pet said:

Yes in the old forum, before meta. Now a buff wouldn't be so unnecessary. 

Yes, it still would, for mid and low rank players buffing it would drop most of the rank 10 players to rank 12 or worse. I would have lost so many battles is it had better drain, pair a legendary one of these with a legendary malice or fot flash and they will keep you energy broke for a while, and that's rn, buffing it would be suicide imo.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

3 minutes ago, Spam said:

Yes, it still would, for mid and low rank players buffing it would drop most of the rank 10 players to rank 12 or worse. I would have lost so many battles is it had better drain, pair a legendary one of these with a legendary malice or fot flash and they will keep you energy broke for a while, and that's rn, buffing it would be suicide imo.

I was not thinking about the people in lower ranks. You have a valid argument. I was just stating EMP needs buffed because of nearly every energy-version of a heat item doing more energy drain then a heat weapon does heat damage.

3 minutes ago, Rauls Pet said:

I was not thinking about the people in lower ranks. You have a valid argument. I was just stating EMP needs buffed because of nearly every energy-version of a heat item doing more energy drain then a heat weapon does heat damage.

True, but thats energies handicap and emp does not need a handicap.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

Stolen from @JamAnime

9 hours ago, RaptorKing15 said:

340 or 350 heat dmg

15-20 Explosive dmg

Bro here another player complaining about a problem that isnt there heat bombs arent a problem you just need to get gud scrub >:((

9 hours ago, RaptorKing15 said:

No. I'm comparing Heat Bomb stats to EMP's. It does too much Heat dmg.

Or EMP doesn't do enough energy damage.

With all due respect, those with heat and cooling stats at top rank levels or META levels aren't as vulnerable to hear bomb. I think it's fine the way it is.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

6 hours ago, Dark conon mech said:

Exactly they are just scrubs

You can't call people a "scrub" when you've probably done the same thing as them, asking for something to be nerfed doesn't mean you're bad, people just have a lower tier weapons and they might even be better than rank 1 players in strategy but have worse stuff, unless you battle them while they use a max mythed mech you'll never know. Low ranks will always be easy to get out of if you have good weapons same with mid ranks, at higher ranks though you need to be smarter about your builds, getting there is hard but staying there is harder.

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

Stolen from @JamAnime

51 minutes ago, Spam said:

You can't call people a "scrub" when you've probably done the same thing as them, asking for something to be nerfed doesn't mean you're bad, people just have a lower tier weapons and they might even be better than rank 1 players in strategy but have worse stuff, unless you battle them while they use a max mythed mech you'll never know. Low ranks will always be easy to get out of if you have good weapons same with mid ranks, at higher ranks though you need to be smarter about your builds, getting there is hard but staying there is harder.

If your a new player you shouldn't be complaining about a weapon cause you cant deal with because one day you'll be able to deal with it just fine :))

8 hours ago, Dark conon mech said:

If your a new player you shouldn't be complaining about a weapon cause you cant deal with because one day you'll be able to deal with it just fine :))

I can't deal with heat bombs that good and I'm rank 10-11, so the difference is not dealing with it but seeing how it is later, also mid ranks take forever to get out of and heat bomb is good there so getting good wouldn't help unless you spend around $1000 or something crazy like that.

Stolen from @JamAnime

Buddy, I've been playing for 2 and a half years. I'm at rank 9-7. I have a Maxed mech with one almost complete. 

Edited by RaptorKing15 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Spam said:

I can't deal with heat bombs that good and I'm rank 10-11, so the difference is not dealing with it but seeing how it is later, also mid ranks take forever to get out of and heat bomb is good there so getting good wouldn't help unless you spend around $1000 or something crazy like that.

Heat bombs are nothing for my heat mech :))

3 hours ago, RaptorKing15 said:

Buddy, I've been playing for 2 and a half years. I'm at rank 9-7. I have a Maxed mech with one almost complete. 

Ok why are tellingme this we are talking about heat bombs

Heat bombs are nothing for my heat mech :))

Ok why are telling me this we are talking about heat bombs

You called him a noob yet he's just another f2p that can't get into high rank because of heat bombs, What do you have on your heat mech? 

Stolen from @JamAnime

5 minutes ago, Spam said:

You called him a noob yet he's just another f2p that can't get into high rank because of heat bombs, What do you have on your heat mech? 

Bro how do you have problem with heat bombs at low rank since they probably arent at thier full potential if you have problem with heat bomb build a seprate mech and put all your heat stuff on it :)) so when there is player with heat bomb switch to that :)

12 minutes ago, Dark conon mech said:

Bro how do you have problem with heat bombs at low rank since they probably arent at thier full potential if you have problem with heat bomb build a seprate mech and put all your heat stuff on it :)) so when there is player with heat bomb switch to that 🙂

Playing a counter doesn't always healp and also he's a 7-9 rank player I'm 10-11 rank player and I have seen duall myht heat bomb mech.

P.S: I'm talking about mid ranks.

Stolen from @JamAnime