The problem with Heat Bombs

RaptorKing15

5 hours ago, Spam said:

Playing a counter doesn't always healp and also he's a 7-9 rank player I'm 10-11 rank player and I have seen duall myht heat bomb mech.

P.S: I'm talking about mid ranks.

I've also seen dual divine heat bombs. Pretty much a nightmare to deal with. Especially if you are a f2p player.

8 hours ago, RaptorKing15 said:

I've also seen dual divine heat bombs. Pretty much a nightmare to deal with. Especially if you are a f2p player.

True, some even use nightmare (pls don't kill me). 

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

If you don't know when to cool down or have decent heat stats that's your fault, and you don't even need premium modules. Heat bomb is a pretty balanced weapon. It's mostly used to steal turns or primarily as a boiler weapon. The cost is also a lot, and it does very low damage.

Edited by Shoultz262 (see edit history)

For those who think that the only way to beat Heat Bombs is through P2W methods..

I'm rank 8 with a heat and physical line-up and I haven't spent money on the game in order to get the mods shown below. For the premium mods, I got Maximum Protector from a premium box and I got Platinum Plating from the level 200 box. Also, I don't have maxed arena buffs for heat stats, so what you're seeing is from HSA + Heat Mods + Level 4 Heat Cap Buff + Level 4 Cooling Buff.

As for weapons, keep in mind that Overcharged Rocket Battery has 75 heat cost and Burning Shower has 81. Add Backstabbing Protector's 50 heat cost onto that and you'll see that I generate 206 heat per turn. That's fairly enough to push me to the brink of a shutdown if I get hit by a Heat Bomb when I'm close to my heat cap.

However, even with that amount of heat, I'm capable of withstanding Heat Bombs in the matter of a shutdown. It doesn't cost money in order to survive against Heat Bombs, it just takes good heat stats and thoughtful heat level management. If you can do that, Heat Bombs won't be much of a problem.

Screenshot_2021-05-01-14-54-32.jpg.8aca7e651142f312ef8a7542ecddbb61.jpg

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 minute ago, Canucklehead said:

I have never liked the Heat bomb and EMP. I have listened to all the discussions, advice, etc., over time, but I still think they should be removed from the game. I liken them to a sucker punch, or bringing a gun, to a knife fight.

Bro all you need is to know when to cooldown stop bring a scrub cause you dont know how to get gud

10 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

I have never liked the Heat bomb and EMP. I have listened to all the discussions, advice, etc., over time, but I still think they should be removed from the game. I liken them to a sucker punch, or bringing a gun, to a knife fight.

Heat Bomb and EMP are few of the reasons why physical isn't dominating everything.

Trust me, you would rather get shut down or energy broken than decimated into nothing by chainguns and quad-barreled RNG nightmares.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

23 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Heat Bomb and EMP are few of the reasons why physical isn't dominating everything.

Trust me, you would rather get shut down or energy broken than decimated into nothing by chainguns and quad-barreled RNG nightmares.

Yes, that's true. 

2 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

but I still think they should be removed from the game

Because you don't like them.  With all due respect, you might need to realize that just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be removed from the game.  I hate Frantic Brute but you don't see me saying it needs to be removed.

2 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Well technically physical mechs are still #1 in this game.  But yes, Heat Bombs and EMPs help level the playing field.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 hour ago, OKI DOKI said:

Heat bombs and EMP are fine as they are. We have the new heat and energy bombs as premium. No need nerf or buff. They work as should. 

Actually the premium heat bomb/emp shouldn't have backfire

Hcaptcha scam

5 minutes ago, Soviet Union mech said:

Actually the premium heat bomb/emp shouldn't have backfire

The backfire is to balance out the increased heat damage and energy drain.  The slightly higher heat cost/energy cost isn't enough to balance that out on its own.

Oh, and the lighter weight, too.

4 hours ago, Dark conon mech said:

Bro all you need is to know when to cooldown stop bring a scrub cause you dont know how to get gud

Didn't you say you run a heat mech? Which have the best cooldown in the game. Instead of calling people scrubs and telling them to get gud, you could give them helpful tips to deal with these types of things.

8 hours ago, RaptorKing15 said:

Didn't you say you run a heat mech? Which have the best cooldown in the game. Instead of calling people scrubs and telling them to get gud, you could give them helpful tips to deal with these types of things.

I can agree with you: people shouldn't be insulting.

However, at the same time, people shouldn't think that because they don't like a weapon, it must be nerfed.  That's a very self-centered and selfish way to think.  Insults aside, he's right.  If you're scared of heat bomb, I'd be willing to wager it's because your heat stats need to be upgraded.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

2 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I can agree with you: people shouldn't be insulting.

However, at the same time, people shouldn't think that because they don't like a weapon, it must be nerfed.  That's a very self-centered and selfish way to think.

Im not insulting im just saying there no problem with it and it shouldn't be nerfed just cause a few people cant handle it

Edited by Dark conon mech
A (see edit history)

Actually @SawzAll... you insult people all the time. Every time you disagree with something, you don't miss the opportunity to put others down by calling them self-centered, selfish or whatever. For you the only good person is Alexander and his acolytes. Get off the cloud and stop seeing others as inferior to you, that you also don't show a very bright mind

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

56 minutes ago, Nefertary Meriten-Mut said:

Actually @SawzAll... you insult people all the time. Every time you disagree with something, you don't miss the opportunity to put others down by calling them self-centered, selfish or whatever. For you the only good person is Alexander and his acolytes. Get off the cloud and stop seeing others as inferior to you, that you also don't show a very bright mind

That's extremely true even when we have good points he like WeLl yOuR JUsT eNtITled

12 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

The backfire is to balance out the increased heat damage and energy drain.  The slightly higher heat cost/energy cost isn't enough to balance that out on its own.

Oh, and the lighter weight, too.

If it has higher dmg, lighter weight but just a little

180 backfire is too high for it( it should be 140)

Hcaptcha scam

20 hours ago, Shoultz262 said:

If you don't know when to cool down or have decent heat stats that's your fault, and you don't even need premium modules. Heat bomb is a pretty balanced weapon. It's mostly used to steal turns or primarily as a boiler weapon. The cost is also a lot, and it does very low damage.

yeah i have one max legy, and i always cool down after using it.

1 hour ago, Nefertary Meriten-Mut said:

yeah Sawz, i have to admit, you do put people down a lot :V

One Mech to rule them all