Change Suggestion: Valiant Sniper

Elcent

Change Suggestion: Valiant Sniper   

76 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Valiant sniper be changed as suggested in the below post?

• Do this change
    • Do not do this change
    • Tweak this change

5 minutes ago, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

Doesn't sound like you think it's the best thing to ever happen to energy mechs either buddy.

It's not, although it is a very good weapon. It's bad against really high regen builds, especially since it only has 2 uses. Also the damage is really low. Range is also kind of hard to use unless you have something to get into valiant's range. Only thing it really has going for it is the res drain and energy drain.

Until I see players winning individual medals with valiants in their line-ups I think that most criticisms are not justified, but personal prejudice. The energy weapons need a major buff to make them competitive with phys or heat.

Try smashing 2 underpowered valiants and any energy drone against a 3500-4200 HP almost energy free phys w/90 energy resistance and take 1300 ejection blast + scope damage in the first two turns. 400 damage per use from Distance Shredder or Superb Charge + Rock Polisher adds up. By the time you attempt to drain 500-700 energy w/300-400 regen you’re staring at a “wtf just happened.” 😂

9 minutes ago, Shoultz262 said:

That's old medals, pretty sure that was before the new energy free phys meta came out. And it's not the end of the season yet anyway.

Daddy TX is in reign reforged which has been getting medals almost every week this year. Unless the energy free physical build became meta before last friday, his valiant mech has been doing just fine. 

Same thing with jyoon and diablo in trolls fast and inmax.

5 minutes ago, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

Daddy TX is in reign reforged which has been getting medals almost every week this year. Unless the energy free physical build became meta before last friday, his valiant mech has been doing just fine. 

In recent weeks, no, they haven't got medals at all. Plus, I doubt they only use their energy mechs.

52 minutes ago, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

I love how far this has escalated when it doesn't even matter since 82 percent of people don't even want this to happen kek 

Side note: I'm confused, don't people get medals for being in the top 3 clans? Why aren't they getting any medals?

Clan medals doesn't really count. That's more of a team effort than a individual, and when discussing this, clan medals don't matter anyway.

And yes, the change should not happen.

Valiant Sniper used to be OP but now is one of few weapons that lend any kind of balance to the current arena . It is a weapon most players must build for either in movement , regeneration , HP . I would leave it as is for now . (2 cents) 

3 hours ago, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

DaddyTX has won exactly zero individual medals this year. 😂

Another nerf valiant thread is a good way to kick off the new forum I suppose.

said it before, will probably say it again: valiant isn’t even the most powerful energy weapon anymore let alone Among the most powerful weaponS in the game.

get to the point where 2+ phys isn’t a prerequisite for top 50 then we can talk about energy.

edit: if anything, it should be buffed. 

9B40E17A-C642-4216-9E2F-02CFE55404DA.jpeg.b9b009b7e257337725c000ab6176bb25.jpeg

Edited by Fidelio (see edit history)

On 12/18/2020 at 7:34 AM, Elcent said:
  • Nerf Energy damage 240 -> 210
  • Buff Regeneration damage 13 -> 25
  • Buff electrical damage  160 - 232 -> 220 - 320 

I am just an arena rank 10 player, but I say do not nerf energy damage.  Keep it.

Also, is it my imagination or is the energy damage 200 on WU? (i.e. without buffs).

But I can agree with the bullet points above where you said it should get buffed.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• Administrators

The lower of energy damage by 30 and increase to regen drain by 12 is actually not a nerf or buff but actually roughly equal. 

Valiants are becoming less useful these days because users have higher regen and move out the way of the valiant shots. Damaging regen rather than just energy means that you can whittle away at a higher regen user with valiants. I've sometimes shot a user with 4 valiant shots and they are still regening 300 energy and I can't keep them at 0 energy. with the additional 12*4 = 48 regen damage I have far more chance at keeping them at 0 energy. 

Perhaps this would be better as a buff overall and should decrease the energy only by 20 instead of 30 but I feel this would be too strong and other energy weapons should be buffed instead. (not a subject for discussion in this thread)

1 hour ago, Elcent said:

The lower of energy damage by 30 and increase to regen drain by 12 is actually not a nerf or buff but actually roughly equal. 

Valiants are becoming less useful these days because users have higher regen and move out the way of the valiant shots. Damaging regen rather than just energy means that you can whittle away at a higher regen user with valiants. I've sometimes shot a user with 4 valiant shots and they are still regening 300 energy and I can't keep them at 0 energy. with the additional 12*4 = 48 regen damage I have far more chance at keeping them at 0 energy. 

Perhaps this would be better as a buff overall and should decrease the energy only by 20 instead of 30 but I feel this would be too strong and other energy weapons should be buffed instead. (not a subject for discussion in this thread)

If you want to buff it, buff it in all aspects as I said before, or leave it as it is. Drain is a vital component of this weapon and made it unique, don't take that away from it. Just buff it slightly in all aspects or leave it.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:16 AM, Elcent said:

I’m against nerfing anything on VS, and until I  see someone pilot a VS build to top 3 in anything but 3v3 I will believe it’s vastly underpowered. 

The problem is range (4-8) which puts a VS user in the prime target area for ejection blast + any scope. If the cap of your opponent is 700 or more, 2 Divine VS hits + Divine energy drone won’t drain them... So you just took massive damage and phys opponent still has 250-300 average regen, energy free Distance Shredder, energy free Rock Polisher, energy free Superb Charge & energy free Platinum Hook to smash you, all of which do an insane amount of damage. 

Rising and Haze quit... Those were our pure energy players in every game mode. Deadshot is still around but is frustrated trying to play an all energy line-up. The imbalance is so great that I believe the word “nerf” should not be mentioned in the same sentence with any energy weapon. Without a significant buff, VS will simply get you killed in top 50. New mods antiquated it’s use. 

Edited by Mechzilla (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, nightmarefreddy said:

ye

just leave it alone, it aready OP

check this vid:

That doesn't mean it's op. That's a low rank battle, so in high ranks it will never usually hit that high unless you're facing energy free mechs or the opponent is fully drained, but even then they usually have enough regen to recover from it.