The new gold portal is a scam.

15 hours ago, Raul said:

Sales costing 2-3x times more but we get about 10x more free tokens from events now.

"Gato doesn't care about f2p"

"Before was better"

😛

But you forget the minuscule detail that now the premium box/pack drops more epic trash than useful legendary then in summary:

more rewards like you said 🙂

spend tokens for more trash like I said 😞

result (same)

3 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

It was a joke this time, so there's no misconceptions here.. At least, for now since the topic's pretty peaceful.

I wouldn't count blessings just yet, though, because the forums and the game itself have proven themselves to be good at changing directions in the matter of a heartbeat.

I didn't mentioned him bruh

Hcaptcha scam

3 minutes ago, Soviet Union mech said:

I didn't mentioned him bruh

I meant the misconception for the "Spam might not be spam but he's Spam" joke since you quoted me, saying that you weren't mentioning Spam as in the user and were talking about the annoying duplicate message in a consecutive manner type of spam.

I know that you weren't talking about the player Spam but it's been a reoccurring joke of where Spam is called spam and vice versa, hence why I made the joke.

Hopefully this is enough to clear things up.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, SonnY-ku said:

But you forget the minuscule detail that now the premium box/pack drops more epic trash than useful legendary then in summary:

Gato didn't change the drops at all.

Off-beat heat mechs ™image.png Spitfire

32 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

I meant the misconception for the "Spam might not be spam but he's Spam" joke since you quoted me, saying that you weren't mentioning Spam as in the user and were talking about the annoying duplicate message in a consecutive manner type of spam.

I know that you weren't talking about the player Spam but it's been a reoccurring joke of where Spam is called spam and vice versa, hence why I made the joke.

Hopefully this is enough to clear things up.

Nevermind

Hcaptcha scam

• Administrators

Good morning, 

We've evaluated this thread and would like to explain a few things: 

When we bought the game we first took the time to see how Tacticsoft's event schedule plays out, how people respond to them, how we feel playing with them and so on. A few things we concluded, concerning portals specifically, I felt like, frankly, they were extremely boring. 

You click the mission, click auto-pilot and get your reward. No thinking, no strategy, no workshop required. If new, you may have to struggle a bit for the higher levels (if you feel like it), but really, even then, it's not strategy, it's just that you don't hit the required numbers yet. 

Said reward wasn't bad per se, a free 30-45 tokens (40-50 cents) for clicking 2 buttons isn't the worst of deals, but I wouldn't call it "fun"  and I personally believe games should aim to be fun first and foremost, rather fun than balanced, rather fun than fair, rather fun than anything else. We play to entertain ourselves, after all. 

So we began experimenting.

Ultimately I hoped with harder portals, people would learn more about the game, play more in the workshop, think more on their actions and turn off the darn autopilot. We felt that, after struggling to finish it, they should feel like it was worth it (a sense of achievement and satisfaction) so we combined this with drastically higher reward reflecting the up to 30 minutes you may be spending on it (or more, if you're less experienced / have a lesser inventory). 

Simultaneously, we felt this gave both motivation to improve your mech (better rewards) before you get into multiplayer, and more tokens for f2p-ers and small spenders to attempt to rise up a bit. With Hard and Easy you'd be pretty close to a premium pack and once you've had a few, insane would be achievable with enough strategy, and it would be a case mostly of reducing required revives. 

This didn't really affect our business beyond perhaps a minor drop in income, we didn't see any correlation with retention or such (after all, newbs just kind of do what they can and go do something else if they can't manage yet, plenty of hard content that isn't doable for them yet in SM and they don't value tokens as much until they've stuck around for a few weeks to months already), but we hoped it would be more fun that way. I like a challenge and some early reactions I heard (frustration, persistence, and then great happiness on success) made me feel like we were on the right track. 

This however doesn't deafen us to criticism - it is clear some players feel very scammed by the likely need to revive, discriminated by the difficulty and the last thing we wanted to do here is scam our playerbase and ruin an event they like. 

As such, the next portal has been set to Tacticsoft's settings - slightly better gold than TS gave, the higher token option (45 opposed to 30) and slightly easier difficulty than the old TS ones so it should be achievable for every single player. A flat out improvement, even if not really my personal cup of tea, opposed to a potential 'ruin' of the portals. We intend to stick with this for the foreseeable future pending feedback.

Thank you for your feedback everyone!

I'm closing this topic as the subject has been solved and some of these conspiracies are a bit much. 🙂