Portal event for old legacy items

2 hours ago, SiliconPhoenix said:

A friend if mine came up with a great and or fun idea. Basicly a portal event that drops legacy items like shields, torsos, weapons, legs, everything from back then and have a portal event based around it.(also drones and moduals)

Sounds like a great idea.. But there's just one very small problem with that..

Since legacy items are outdated due to having way lower damage and having heavier weight than reloaded items, would there be a point of creating a legacy portal for those items?

I would honestly enjoy that idea, don't get me wrong, but I'm also thinking out loud about this and well, only a few legacy items will be remotely usable nowadays.

Nice idea, though.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

6 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Sounds like a great idea.. But there's just one very small problem with that..

Since legacy items are outdated due to having way lower damage and having heavier weight than reloaded items, would there be a point of creating a legacy portal for those items?

I would honestly enjoy that idea, don't get me wrong, but I'm also thinking out loud about this and well, only a few legacy items will be remotely usable nowadays.

Nice idea, though.

Thats what i was saying ut would be a waste of fuel

1 minute ago, Dark conon mech said:

Thats what i was saying ut would be a waste of fuel

Some legacy items are capable of being used in today's arena despite drawbacks, some being:

The Barrier Leg Series - Light weight, good stomp damage, 3 walking (no jump as a drawback), good elemental damage (Magma Barrier/Electric Mass)

Firewall - 6 knockback, cheap to use, infinite use

Push - 1 range-capable, acts like a repulser, cheap to use

Surfboard - 3 movement, light weight

*Feel free to add onto the list or correct me.

But while some legacy items are usable, most of them would serve as a way to enjoy the game in a second-hand sense, where you can interact with items that function much differently to the reloaded ones that we get used to rather quickly upon getting.

Messing around with legacy items is a fun and challenging way to play the game since it acts like a nerf to your overall capabilities in combat but gives you much more ways to fight since every legacy item has a unique attribute, adding onto that experimental side of things.. Though, that experimentation would only be usable in campaign.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 hour ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Some legacy items are capable of being used in today's arena despite drawbacks, some being:

The Barrier Leg Series - Light weight, good stomp damage, 3 walking (no jump as a drawback), good elemental damage (Magma Barrier/Electric Mass)

But while some legacy items are usable, most of them would serve as a way to enjoy the game in a second-hand sense, where you can interact with items that function much differently to the reloaded ones that we get used to rather quickly upon getting.

Messing around with legacy items is a fun and challenging way to play the game since it acts like a nerf to your overall capabilities in combat but gives you much more ways to fight since every legacy item has a unique attribute, adding onto that experimental side of things.. Though, that experimentation would only be usable in campaign.

i have seen an infinite-use legacy shotgun that does 3 knockback to the opponent, 1 to the user.

One Mech to rule them all

5 hours ago, SiliconPhoenix said:

A friend if mine came up with a great and or fun idea. Basicly a portal event that drops legacy items like shields, torsos, weapons, legs, everything from back then and have a portal event based around it.(also drones and moduals)

Shields would be to op for the game rn, and also what everyone else said, I would like this but I don't think newer players would.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

6 minutes ago, Spam said:

Shields would be to op for the game rn

Either OP, not as useful, or absolutely game-breaking once the game starts having seizures due to not understanding the mechanics of the shields that it once used to know like the back of its metaphorical hands.

11 minutes ago, Spam said:

With the bot acting how it is I think it's safe to say that shields would break the game.

How to be a Reloaded Autopilot with a Shield:

Step 1: Deploy Drone on First Turn

Step 2: Deploy Shield as First Action on Second Turn

Step 3: Dispose of Every Unit of Energy with Reckless Abandon / Burn Yourself Alive from Heat with Reckless Abandon

Step 4: Win the Fight or Die due to the Reckless Abandon from Step 3

Step 5: Don't Question about What Went Wrong during that Fight

And:

Step 3.5: Regain Energy or Cool Heat Level down and Redeploy Shield. Repeat Step 3 until Shield goes Down then Repeat this Step

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

18 hours ago, MasterChief said:

i have seen an infinite-use legacy shotgun that does 3 knockback to the opponent, 1 to the user.

If you're talking about the Shotgun X series, that shotgun does 2 knockback with no recoil.

And if you're wondering about the variants, they are:

Shotgun X Mark I - Physical

Shotgun X Mark II - Heat

Shotgun X Mark III - Energy

36 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

If you're talking about the Shotgun X series, that shotgun does 2 knockback with no recoil.

And if you're wondering about the variants, they are:

Shotgun X Mark I - Physical

Shotgun X Mark II - Heat

Shotgun X Mark III - Energy

yeah, its a heat shotgun. i havent seen it in around 3-5 months tho

One Mech to rule them all

11 hours ago, MasterChief said:

yeah, its a heat shotgun. i havent seen it in around 3-5 months tho

Don't worry, even though that it was a Shotgun X Mark II, all of the variants are energy-free for maximum 2-knockback annoyance.

So you can suffer in peace knowing that there's no other way to take that shotty down apart from putting the user down.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:52 AM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

firewall does 2 knockback, 2 use hooks are also cool

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

What about god mode torso and legs being good being good? Seriously though Brutality and Devouring paws are both one of the worst legs/torsos.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

33 minutes ago, Spam said:

Devouring paws

Devouring Paws are good, what are you talking about?

Also, I take offense to that since I'm still using them AND they're my first mythed + divined legs.

Not literal offense but still, don't hate the Paws that live in a world full of Feet and Claws.