What is the best mech build for rank 13-10 arena?

NeedyJay

Question

14 answers to this question

In my opinion, physical and boilers.   This is the rank at which the energy mechs don't do as well unless they have valiant sniper (in my humble opinion).

Here are some examples of mechs I think do well in this arena rank range.  I am not going to include modules because you should use whatever you have to try to get energy and heat capacity to 500 each and your regen/cooling to at least 250 in this rank range.  These mechs are general ideas that I quickly generated, and they are more or less what I used to get to rank 9 (the energy drainer, the boiler, and the general physical mech).  At this rank, resistance has not yet become super important, but as you get to rank 9 it begins to become more important, so substituting vests is fine.  At this rank, there are a lot of high-drain energy and high-heat boilers, so that's why I used these types of module configs.

You also want lots of energy at this rank because at about rank 10-9 people start getting valiant snipers.  That's why I also prefer to have at least one energy-free weapon on my mech.

Energy Drainer:

image.thumb.png.48af90e0b56802e23e7f1931bf4df277.png

Obviously if you don't have the premium drone use Torment.  Also, you can substitute EMP for one of the malice beams if you want, but I prefer not to use EMP.  That's just me.  I know someone whose combo is EMP, lightning recoiler, malice beam, and hot flash, and that's also a very effective combination.

Basic boiler:

image.thumb.png.c71acbcd8612f923b12ff8a9c39ae612.png

I would build this without heat bomb (adding Flaminator or another Corrupt Light), but most people use heat bomb in this rank, so I put it on this mech.  I think boilers are better than damage types at this rank, but as you get to rank 9, damage-type heat builds are becoming a thing.  Vandal Rage is to harm their cooling.  The META version has a hammer, but at this rank most people know about the hammer type "range 2" hole.  Unless you want to go Abomination + hammer + corrupt + vandal + savagery, but Abomination is a premium that seems hard to get.

Heat damage type:

image.thumb.png.7ba0fcf3842964e9efb688c1dcd60810.png

I prefer to do it this way so that I have Dawn Blaze, which is unlimited shots.  There are other ways to do this, but this is basically how I see it get done most of the time.  I don't personally like to be without two 3-6 range if I'm using recoilers.

Basic physical:

image.thumb.png.f0caeadad0960daa4d183bdf633b6259.png

Whether we like it or not, Frantic Brute is intimidating.  I'm not going to lie, I use my Night Eagle to keep enemies with Frantic weapons out of 3-6 range.

You can substitute rock recoiler, war hammer, or back breaker for Annihilation but I prefer Annihilation for its energy-free and heat-free capabilities.

The resistance drainer is only because I wanted to do something with leftover weight.   In ranks 9-13 resistance tanks are not yet becoming a big deal.  But by the time you get to rank 8, start looking at the META and trying to figure out the philosophy.  You may not be able to emulate the META but you can get close.  Here's a resistance tank that I'm currently building (based on items I actually have now).

image.thumb.png.7340ac7ce52bfeb3e9dc04693dacbdc3.png

Notice that I don't have Mercy or Damaged Armor Annihilators, or fortresses, but it's more or less the philosophy of top physical meta (i.e. resistance tanks).  Currently I am rank 9, breaking into rank 8.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 hour ago, Fordekash said:

Sweet builds SawzAll!

Thanks.  They aren't perfect but I think they work.  They've more or less been my life at rank 10-13.  I focused on what I had (heat and energy modules) rather than what I didn't (decent resistance modules) at the time.  I have been taught a lot of things by others as well, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't the first to suggest these.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, SawzAll said:

In my opinion, physical and boilers.   This is the rank at which the energy mechs don't do as well unless they have valiant sniper (in my humble opinion).

Here are some examples of mechs I think do well in this arena rank range.  I am not going to include modules because you should use whatever you have to try to get energy and heat capacity to 500 each and your regen/cooling to at least 250 in this rank range.  These mechs are general ideas that I quickly generated, and they are more or less what I used to get to rank 9 (the energy drainer, the boiler, and the general physical mech).  At this rank, resistance has not yet become super important, but as you get to rank 9 it begins to become more important, so substituting vests is fine.  At this rank, there are a lot of high-drain energy and high-heat boilers, so that's why I used these types of module configs.

You also want lots of energy at this rank because at about rank 10-9 people start getting valiant snipers.  That's why I also prefer to have at least one energy-free weapon on my mech.

Energy Drainer:

image.thumb.png.48af90e0b56802e23e7f1931bf4df277.png

Obviously if you don't have the premium drone use Torment.  Also, you can substitute EMP for one of the malice beams if you want, but I prefer not to use EMP.  That's just me.  I know someone whose combo is EMP, lightning recoiler, malice beam, and hot flash, and that's also a very effective combination.

Basic boiler:

image.thumb.png.c71acbcd8612f923b12ff8a9c39ae612.png

I would build this without heat bomb (adding Flaminator or another Corrupt Light), but most people use heat bomb in this rank, so I put it on this mech.  I think boilers are better than damage types at this rank, but as you get to rank 9, damage-type heat builds are becoming a thing.  Vandal Rage is to harm their cooling.  The META version has a hammer, but at this rank most people know about the hammer type "range 2" hole.  Unless you want to go Abomination + hammer + corrupt + vandal + savagery, but Abomination is a premium that seems hard to get.

Heat damage type:

image.thumb.png.7ba0fcf3842964e9efb688c1dcd60810.png

I prefer to do it this way so that I have Dawn Blaze, which is unlimited shots.  There are other ways to do this, but this is basically how I see it get done most of the time.  I don't personally like to be without two 3-6 range if I'm using recoilers.

Basic physical:

image.thumb.png.f0caeadad0960daa4d183bdf633b6259.png

Whether we like it or not, Frantic Brute is intimidating.  I'm not going to lie, I use my Night Eagle to keep enemies with Frantic weapons out of 3-6 range.

You can substitute rock recoiler, war hammer, or back breaker for Annihilation but I prefer Annihilation for its energy-free and heat-free capabilities.

The resistance drainer is only because I wanted to do something with leftover weight.   In ranks 9-13 resistance tanks are not yet becoming a big deal.  But by the time you get to rank 8, start looking at the META and trying to figure out the philosophy.  You may not be able to emulate the META but you can get close.  Here's a resistance tank that I'm currently building (based on items I actually have now).

image.thumb.png.7340ac7ce52bfeb3e9dc04693dacbdc3.png

Notice that I don't have Mercy or Damaged Armor Annihilators, or fortresses, but it's more or less the philosophy of top physical meta (i.e. resistance tanks).  Currently I am rank 9, breaking into rank 8.

Well i've done some upgrades.I got ORB and i made all of my modules legendary.Also i put magma feet(mythic)and made the corrupt light mythic.But i barely reach arena 10.Enerrgy weapons are a huge problem and my hp is very low.I have MPV(legendary lvl 40)do u think that i must replace it with windigo?Do you have discord so we can discuss it better?

6 hours ago, NeedyJay said:

Well i've done some upgrades.I got ORB and i made all of my modules legendary.Also i put magma feet(mythic)and made the corrupt light mythic.But i barely reach arena 10.Enerrgy weapons are a huge problem and my hp is very low.I have MPV(legendary lvl 40)do u think that i must replace it with windigo?Do you have discord so we can discuss it better?

The SM discord is best

On 2/19/2021 at 12:27 AM, NeedyJay said:

What is the best mech build for rank 13-10 arena?

This is my mech i know its pretty bad but somehow i reached rank 12.It's a miracle acrually1208958752_.thumb.PNG.d70846e36ee97442538a6176a7e4b7d5.PNG

Mythical ur savagery  and go max legendary items, you have little chance for rank 10 with it,  masterfchief said others so yeah, do it(max plate bru)

10 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

p2w

NO cuz I still can get rank 8 with a weak build lol

Edited by nightmarefreddy (see edit history)

Hcaptcha scam

2 hours ago, nightmarefreddy said:

Mythical ur savagery  and go max legendary items, you have little chance for rank 10 with it,  masterfchief said others so yeah, do it(max plate bru)

NO cuz I still can get rank 8 with a weak build lol

I also got the Rank 7 And 8