How to counter savagery spam?

Piercer

Question

25 answers to this question

You can progress with any torso capable to go to myth-divine status depending on modules and weapons at disposition. All can take you to R5.  Play with what do you have available at your rank then enhance as you can. I reached top with Naga before enhancement and Flame Battery. Now, if you have both torsos Zark and Windigo, then you should go for Windigo having a tiny, better stat than Zark from the recent adjustment to the torso. Before Zark was better but now Windigo is a bit better. Nightmare is good option because you can get it at common and rare level and can go up to the max and is on use on top ranks by top players. Windigo fade away passing R3 but nightmare still played on R1. 

8 hours ago, AKITTENINABOWL said:

Just get zark then. It's trash but If you don't understand that modules are as important as everything else just do it.

Windigo is still better, zarkares isn't woth it, I speak from experience

Just now, AKITTENINABOWL said:

BTW you are talking to a guy that created a meta.

Is that supposed to make a difference? Idc if you're the bloody President, my argument stands,  you should be helping the guy not misguide him

Zarkares is myth food, should be replaced immediately with windigo like don't even try to get zark , it can be used for fun, but(this isn't 4 you, remember the guy is rank 20, most if the advice you've given him is completely unusable till higher ranks) don't expect to get past rank 15 with zarkares

(unless you got good modules, that goes 4 any torso)

If you're rank 20, go for Nightmare as your torso, and max it.  It's a very decent torso, and you can max it pretty quickly - it's light so you have weight to stack up some heat modules.  It should drop from mix boxes as a common or rare.  Or if you're building a pure energy mech, go for Naga if it drops for you.  

On 6/19/2022 at 5:20 PM, AKITTENINABOWL said:

Another solution: Use windigo because even energy mechs use it.

Another solution: Get distance shredder, space invader, party crasher, red rain or burning shower.

Another solution: Build a scope mech.

I use windigo now, thanks.

17 hours ago, OKI DOKI said:

Nightmare is good option because you can get it at common and rare level and can go up to the max and is on use on top ranks by top players. Windigo fade away passing R3 but nightmare still played on R1. 

Nightmare is used on all my heat mechs, specifically my heat hugger. It's gotten me to rank 1 many times.

Brought to you by asshats to reelect AssClown to the Itty Bitty Titty Committee,

Its like that: they have savagery (always legendary), and something like flaminator.

If u will try to get closer, so they will be unable to shoot, they will always have teleports or lots of knockback items... thats the problem...

And they just spam it until your mech will shutdown

On 6/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, Piercer said:

Hi, i have seen many people spam savagery in arena. Im always losing because this one strategy, can someone help me?

Have good cooling.  Dual savagery builds do not make it into top ranks.  You need at least 625 cap and 325 cooling on all your builds.  Indeed, maybe even 350+ cooling.

Savagery is range 4.  Pull it closer, out of range, if you can.

Or drain their energy.

Dual savagery builds are a lot like dual desolation builds: unless you have the right premiums, they're garbage.  And depending on recoilers is, in my opinion, not a good idea.

What mech builds are you using?

Also, if you tell me your modules are still legendary, that's your #1 problem.  Upgrade them to mythical.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, Piercer said:

Bruh im at rank 20

You might need a padawan clan to help you learn and grow.  I have one: N0ble Padawans.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:25 PM, AKITTENINABOWL said:

Everybody knows that windigo is better. I'm giving him stupid tips because he doesn't understand something very important. BTW you are talking to a guy that created a meta.

Please don't abuse the newbies.

On 7/8/2022 at 4:45 AM, AKITTENINABOWL said:

Just get zark then. It's trash but If you don't understand that modules are as important as everything else just do it.

BTW you are talking to a guy that created a meta.

Don't.

Also, don't think you made a META, and I don't care either.  Who the heck are you?  I'd know you by now if you created some sort of new META.  With all due respect, you're essentially trying to be the captain of a dingey.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, Tigergeezer said:

If you're rank 20, go for Nightmare as your torso, and max it.  It's a very decent torso, and you can max it pretty quickly - it's light so you have weight to stack up some heat modules.  It should drop from mix boxes as a common or rare.  Or if you're building a pure energy mech, go for Naga if it drops for you.  

With all due respect, this is not good advice because you didn't explain enough.  IF Nightmare is the ONLY torso he can get, ok, that's one thing.  But low/mid rank players do NOT have enough fortresses, platinums, and combined modules to make this torso super powerful.  If he's new and gets a monkey torso of any kind, that would be a much better torso to use.

In low/mid ranks, your torsos, from best to worst, are FHA, then REA, then HSA, then (ONLY if you get a defense matrix) MPV/LPV.  If not, Windigo and Nightmare would be your 4th/5th torso, with Naga as 6th.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

7 hours ago, SawzAll said:

With all due respect, this is not good advice because you didn't explain enough.  IF Nightmare is the ONLY torso he can get, ok, that's one thing.  But low/mid rank players do NOT have enough fortresses, platinums, and combined modules to make this torso super powerful.  If he's new and gets a monkey torso of any kind, that would be a much better torso to use.

In low/mid ranks, your torsos, from best to worst, are FHA, then REA, then HSA, then (ONLY if you get a defense matrix) MPV/LPV.  If not, Windigo and Nightmare would be your 4th/5th torso, with Naga as 6th.

With all due respect,  I made rank 7 with no premium modules in any of my mechs, and a Nightmare as my lead mech's torso.     Of course, if you are lucky enough to get X, Y or Z top notch item drop for you, that's what you're going to work with.  But this a guy at rank 20 wanting to get some progress with what he can get.   

TLDR -   You might want to think about moderating that de haut en bas tone. 

40 minutes ago, AKITTENINABOWL said:

BTW who said the meta I created is new?

Create: make something, usually new.

How is building a meta mech bragging rights?

What's your IGN?

On 6/19/2022 at 10:20 AM, AKITTENINABOWL said:

Another solution: Build a scope mech.

That won't help if his modules are still not good or non-existent.

10 minutes ago, AKITTENINABOWL said:

Just shut up or you will be added to my list of people that will get banned right after I buy the game.

And that is why you are ignored now.

The OP would do good to do the same.

Savagery is range 4-8. Scopes won't protect you from that weapon if your cooling sucks. Eventually people at your rank have enough HP to survive the scope, but if you didn't fix your modules, they'll still overheat you.

Dude is rank 20, that's probably one of the first things they need to do is get modules.

On 7/10/2022 at 10:08 PM, Monke King said:

Say what now?

Mid-ranks stuff.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:59 AM, OKI DOKI said:

but nightmare still played on R1. 

Yes, hold on to that Nightmare.

My only concern was that I've seen low and mid rank players all the time with a max Nightmare but no resistance, sucky stats, etc.  I know that's fine, and normal, because it's low/mid ranks.  But honestly, if you don't have premium resistance of any kind (like many low/mid rank players), it's better to have a monkey torso.  If you don't have resistance, at least have tons of HP.

Monkey torsos still get up towards R3 as well, or at least R5.

Your best options are still LPV/MPV for top ranks if you have at least a defense matrix (I've made R1 with a defense matrix and MPV).  Better yet, 3 x fortress with LPV/MPV.

Those who successfully play Nightmare in top ranks have lots of combined modules, fortresses, and platinums.  I know @Marija uses it in top ranks, and I know @Lord Gorgon has also.  But they have the premium modules to do so 🙂 

In some ways, LPV/MPV and Nightmare are "interchangeable" in that some builds have better stats with Nightmare and an additional platinum than with MPV/LPV and one less platinum.  But this is just how SM is, as a game.  Have lots of options.  Have a deep inventory.  It makes more builds possible.

I still hold on to one monkey torso of each kind in my accounts.

9 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Don't.

Also, don't think you made a META, and I don't care either.  Who the heck are you?  I'd know you by now if you created some sort of new META.  With all due respect, you're essentially trying to be the captain of a dingey.

The only reason my forums name makes sense is my avatar. This makes it obvious that my supermechs name is different from my forums name. BTW who said the meta I created is new?

3 hours ago, Piercer said:

Its like that: they have savagery (always legendary), and something like flaminator.

If u will try to get closer, so they will be unable to shoot, they will always have teleports or lots of knockback items... thats the problem...

And they just spam it until your mech will shutdown