Why dont we have some weapons on all elements?

iSwarky

Question

So i've been seeing a lot of fanarts recently and it thought "why dont we have that?" So i came up with this post.

I've always wanted to see a heat version of night eagle (we had that in legacy btw) or an electric version of red rain/burning shower. I mean would it hurt to have? What is the reason behind it?

If they actually get added the community will do the art themselves tbh.

You ever heard of "what the dog doin?" Yeah this is "what the reason?"

Some of you might say it would be op but they can easily get nerfed if the community complains about it.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

10 answers to this question

The weapons that don't have variants in specific elements either have a variant in that element that just looks different or they're meant to be unique purpose items designed to provide a more diverse combat experience.

That, and some variants could potentially cause massive problems in combat due to being extremely strong when involved in already powerful combos or just being hard to compete against.

For what I mean about the "variant but different look" thing, I'm talking about weapons like Abomination, which is basically the heat variant of Last Words and Terror Cry, or MortalBullet, which is the energy variant of Sorrow and Purifier. They look different but they're still bound together by the logic of variants.

As for the whole "extremely strong variants", I'm pointing to things like physical pusher drones, heat/energy Claws, and physical Bunker Shells/Magma Blasts since those things without new variants are good in their own areas as is.. We really do not need a variant that could potentially be stronger than the current item(s) they're a variant of or an item that could start a cascade of chaos that eventually affects other items.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

3 hours ago, iSwarky said:

So i've been seeing a lot of fanarts recently and it thought "why dont we have that?" So i came up with this post.

I've always wanted to see a heat version of night eagle (we had that in legacy btw) or an electric version of red rain/burning shower. I mean would it hurt to have? What is the reason behind it?

If they actually get added the community will do the art themselves tbh.

You ever heard of "what the dog doin?" Yeah this is "what the reason?"

Some of you might say it would be op but they can easily get nerfed if the community complains about it.

If we had that then nothing would be unique to a single element.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

Hmm, it can be but I think SPAM gave the answer.

Also it is more cool to see mechs like this trying to survive and progress as free player.

Don't tell me that mech it is not sexy and really funny. My first mech. I had lot of fun playing with this and killing top players counters. 😎🤣

image.thumb.png.a69c55ce847e6dd8c6b5b6a07c54e609.png

13 hours ago, Spam said:

If we had that then nothing would be unique to a single element.

But like who wouldnt want to see an "illegal" weapon? The other versions of weapons are becoming a meme honestly.

Just now, JamAnime said:

I say there should on some, yet not all. One that I would really like back, is Grenade Launcher... Hmmm

1790365419_bandicam2021-07-2315-27-43-581.jpg.33dc49feca47b5052989e7f4533c17ee.jpg

This is what actually got me thinking about this post.

We had a pullback of this too.

Just now, JamAnime said:

GL Heat Version was the first. Then the physical and energy version was created.

I mean it would make sense since rockets blow up and they make fire.

Im not entirely sure but they might have buffed magma blast when it was removed so it would replace it.