The "regenerate energy" button

iSwarky

Energy regenerating can only be done after your turn. So why not add a button that gets one use from you but regenerates your energy (if you regenerated already after the turn you cant regenerate again) It is going to be near shutdown button. Although it might make energy weapons trash this is just an idea. It needs a litte bit more things to make it balanced.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

6 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Could you please put this in the balance changes area instead, with a poll?

Tbh i changed the topic thingy once and now idk how to change it again 😄

No because this would ruin the point of energy. If this existed, people would just have super high regen but low cap and just spam this button when they're drained, allowing them to use their weapons and reduce the damage of energy weapons because they're not drained. And energy weapons usually have the lowest damage out of all elements, so this button would basically kill energy, especially drainers. This works for heat because heat weapons usually do more damage than energy, and heat is all about shutting opponents down while energy is about crippling them than dealing heavy damage to them when drained. Plus when you're drained you can still do something. When you're shutdown you can't. Energy should never be compared to heat as they are completely different, albeit with some superficial similarities.

21 minutes ago, JamAnime said:

I posted this idea in TS Forum.  That is before Alex took the game.  Basically, everyone was against this idea.  I replied that just like cooling button, there should be a regenerate one.  Hope this one gets a better results. 

So you also want a regen energy button?

21 hours ago, Shoultz262 said:

No because this would ruin the point of energy. If this existed, people would just have super high regen but low cap and just spam this button when they're drained, allowing them to use their weapons and reduce the damage of energy weapons because they're not drained. And energy weapons usually have the lowest damage out of all elements, so this button would basically kill energy, especially drainers. This works for heat because heat weapons usually do more damage than energy, and heat is all about shutting opponents down while energy is about crippling them than dealing heavy damage to them when drained. Plus when you're drained you can still do something. When you're shutdown you can't. Energy should never be compared to heat as they are completely different, albeit with some superficial similarities.

Yeah  thats the reason why it needs some sort of balance but i couldnt think about something to balance this

20 hours ago, Fidelio said:

Why are people like this?

no. 

it’s just like... no, man. 

why did you post this? 

delete this. 

Dude i fricking said that this is just an idea and it needs a lot of nerfs to balance this

Read the topic correctly then answer dude.

1 minute ago, Spam said:

I have won many battles because people thought that overheating was a smart idea.

Probably because you have high cooling and heat.  Higher cooling plays out better.  If energy had a negative, then it be hard to make a rounded mech.  Yet, we have combine modules, so that helps. 

Just now, JamAnime said:

I say 350 or better use to be the best, yet don't know now.

Seems like 350 cooling is best, especially now with the combined mods.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

13 hours ago, Berosanakoyar said:

Yeah  thats the reason why it needs some sort of balance but i couldnt think about something to balance this

Dude i fricking said that this is just an idea and it needs a lot of nerfs to balance this

Read the topic correctly then answer dude.

there is no way this could work or will ever happen. 

we're not going to reshuffle the entire game with nerfs and buffs to prop up an illogical idea because you want energy to function exactly like heat for no reason other than your own whim. 

it's a bad idea, could never work, and it was a dumb thing to post here.

sorry, not sorry.

6 hours ago, Fidelio said:

there is no way this could work or will ever happen. 

we're not going to reshuffle the entire game with nerfs and buffs to prop up an illogical idea because you want energy to function exactly like heat for no reason other than your own whim. 

it's a bad idea, could never work, and it was a dumb thing to post here.

sorry, not sorry.

Again you didnt read it correctly and misunderstood it. I said that this is just an idea. No one said that the game is getting that. And i still think that this will not be balanced. I dont want it to be in the game personally but this whole topic is about an idea

27 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

dude, I understand you, I just think it's utterly preposterous.

not everyone who disagrees with you misunderstands you - to believe such is the hallmark of narcissism, or at best, arrogance.

"it was just an idea" is not a reasonable defence of a bad idea. 

Ok sorry man but my main langauge is not english and i didnt understand 40% of the things you wrote 😄